Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

endofthered01674 t1_iunwwh5 wrote

As a general rule, if I am going, say 75 in the left-hand lane and we are passing everybody, I'm making the dude riding my ass wait until I am done passing people.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_iuoa5qq wrote

In that situation, it makes sense as long as you move when there's a reasonable gap in the middle lane. Once you get to the part where there's 40-50 yards between cars, you become the asshole for not moving over.

charons-voyage t1_iuo3smn wrote

Yep, if I’m clearly passing slow drivers in the middle lane at 75+, it’s not my fuckin problem if you wanna go 85. Slow the F down and if you’re gonna ride my ass, at least pull my hair

swat02119 t1_iuqi8vy wrote

You’re causing traffic and congestion, stick to the travel lane

−15

cathellsky t1_iutc9qq wrote

Passing someone else in the designated passing lane does not cause traffic and congestion just because you want to go faster than them. They're allowed to pass.

swat02119 t1_iuus335 wrote

Yeah, but 75 is barely travel speed on the pike. This is a toll road that is well maintained, we like to drive a little faster to get our money’s worth.

−2

notmyrealname17 t1_iuquqbp wrote

That's totally fine, anyone who gets mad because someone is using the passing lane to pass cars a little slower than they'd like is a dildo. This is about those who aren't passing anyone at all who seem to not understand there is a difference in function between the 2 lanes.