Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

elite_tablespoon t1_j5cu2ta wrote

I understand why they got to the point of cursing at you - after they disagreed, you just tried to shut down their dissent by saying it wasn't up for debate. IMO it's not very civil to silence people who disagree with you, either.

Linux-Is-Best OP t1_j5d010v wrote

> I understand why they got to the point of cursing at you - after they disagreed, you just tried to shut down their dissent by saying it wasn't up for debate. IMO it's not very civil to silence people who disagree with you, either.

There is a difference between talking and discontent. The OP was having less of a discussion and more trying to sway opinion concerning the rules and policies, which are not up for debate. - They, simply, are. You either abide by them, or you can leave or be banned for not following them. There is no alternative.

[deleted] t1_j5d216m wrote

[deleted]

Linux-Is-Best OP t1_j5d2k2z wrote

> I think you have a very draconian view of moderating, and I think I'm just gonna unsub.

That's your choice. Have a wonderful day.

[deleted] t1_j5d3cx6 wrote

[removed]

SkiZer0 t1_j5d81ku wrote

100% agree. Very uncomfortable and doesn’t seem to be doing the sub any good. Just banning people recklessly under the pretense of a moral high ground and making attention-seeking posts.

elite_tablespoon t1_j5dc55v wrote

Yeah, when moderators start making me feel uncomfortable about their actions, I just unsub. It's a lot easier than dealing with it.

Linux-Is-Best OP t1_j5d9a8v wrote

> 100% agree. Very uncomfortable and doesn’t seem to be doing the sub any good. Just banning people recklessly under the pretense of a moral high ground and making attention-seeking posts.

I disagree and yet, you're not banned.

The only people who have been banned are those who promote bigotry and homophobia, plus those who cannot have a respectful conversation. There is also 1 person, who kept trying to make new accounts, just to tell me off. -- As if, that was going to end well. lol

Now, if you're the type of person who "needs" to call people names and supports bigotry or homophobia, I can imagine I'll be a nuisance. Otherwise, I welcome people disagreeing with me and having respectful conversations.

But if you're not someone who can respect the status quo, then yes, this is me: https://youtu.be/Sg14jNbBb-8