Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TinButtFlute t1_j6a9ekk wrote

I've never walked out of a movie ever. You have to watch the whole thing before you can judge it. That being said I'm fairly discerning about what I go to watch.

Lowkey_A_giraffe t1_j6bi48s wrote

Fair and valid point. However, I dare you to try to finish the only movie I've ever walked out of "Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Cities". If you can sit through that I'll never walk out a lot another film as long as I live lol.

SvJosip1996 t1_j6ew2td wrote

A Tale of two Kitties

It bore no resemblance to the Charles Dickens novel of the same name and was actually closer to Mark Twain’s The Prince and the Pauper. Movie couldn’t even get the source material right 😂

I have positive memories of watching it with my neighborhood friends as a kid … but then again I also said The Phantom Menace was my favorite movie around the same time period.

SetentaeBolg t1_j6akkm9 wrote

I have only ever walked out of one film, at a horror film festival: The Death of Alice Blue. We have sat through worse, but it was a combination of not enjoying the film at all and a generally bad day. We got drunk instead.

LegoMong OP t1_j6a9hxu wrote

yeah I meant more like you sit down and your like oh, wrong screen

ThrowerWayACount t1_j6arkse wrote

Me and my wife bought a ticket for The Gentlemen as my wife is a huge Matthew McCounaghey fan. We both left when he was killed off before the opening credits. Really awful ruined our date night

−6

Valiantgoon t1_j6az16v wrote

Ooooooooff, dunno if you have since, but definitely go back and rewatch it. It’s great.

80schld t1_j6bhcgq wrote

Sorry for this, but movie Spoiler here… his character wasn’t really killed. All you saw was blood splatter… If you watched the rest of it, you’d see what actually happened. Worth watching again maybe?

RustyShackleford1122 t1_j6acg1c wrote

Hard disagree.

When I watched The Last Jedi I wondered how they were going to kill off Leia. Then when they did it I thought it was perfect.

Only for her to come back alive and Marry Poppins back to the ship.

I looked around the theater to see if this was really happening.

I DID NOT need to finish that movie

−11

Bcatfan08 t1_j6alwp7 wrote

I agree. I've always thought the Star Wars universe has solely been grounded in reality.

MARINE-BOY t1_j6amhfi wrote

I watched Martin Scorsese’s JFK documentary when I was like 13 years old with my friends in the cinema. It’s 2 hours long which doesn’t seem much these days but we it was the early 90’s and we were from a village in the UK countryside and didn’t even know much about JFK. I stayed for the whole thing even though my mates left as like everyone that age they were more into Arnie and Stallone action movies. I don’t know why I stayed but felt it was very high brow of me at the time. The closest I get to leaving the cinema is falling asleep. I watched Saving Private Ryan on Magic Mushrooms and to say that was an intense opening scene is probably the understatement of the year. Mushrooms allow you to become more emotionally engaged with whatever you are looking at as I found out to my horror once when I watched a tourist get dragged out the water at the full moon party on an island in Thailand. I spent an hour tripping balls watching them try to revive this German guy with a mullet whose belly was heavily swollen from water ingestion. The medical support on the island isn’t exactly first world and people were screaming for an ambulance which took an hour to arrive. I’m pretty sure he was dead already but at least I stayed to the end.

smenti t1_j6ae91d wrote

That shit was TERRIBLE

Edit: lol bunch of salty ass Star Wars fans downvoting me. Admit it, that shit was corny and terrible.

−3

RustyShackleford1122 t1_j6aexfy wrote

There wasn't any reason to do it either.

The actress died. This was the perfect opportunity. It was symbolic and poetic.

I refused to believe my eyes

thephantomhaircut t1_j6csbta wrote

I'm with you. I actually felt nauseous in the theatre. Low-res digital double Leia just tweening on back into the ship. It was so cheesy and disrespectful.