Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wjcdh t1_j6fx9ci wrote

The song I Got Five On It used in the movie US. Completely different vibe.

zu16384 t1_j6hc2b8 wrote

Oh FUCK yes!!!!! You can never listen to it the same after watching Us. Fucken love the song even more now. Im glad you said this!

TeamStark31 t1_j6fyamp wrote

Stuck in the Middle With You, Reservoir Dogs

ifhysm t1_j6g2a05 wrote

Not a film, but that song always makes me think of the scene from Malcolm in the Middle where Hal breaks out his record player

orangemaroon25 t1_j6g7aoo wrote

Is that scene (as well as "Middle" in the title) why I always think that song was the intro theme for Malcolm in the Middle?

GoldStarGranny t1_j6g1uia wrote

For me, Singin’ In The Rain was forever altered by Clockwork Orange.

mojo_pin71 t1_j6g5zlh wrote

The coda of Layla will always be a montage of murdered mobsters.

MintChiffon t1_j6g7c2f wrote

Hip to Be Square in American Psycho.

UncleMadness t1_j6g09rh wrote

"Where is my mind?" went from being a good song on a great album I hadn't listened to in a while, to being one of the leading tracks of my 1999 thanks to Fight Club.

ink1026 t1_j6g5t04 wrote

Holding Out for a Hero in Shrek 2

loserys t1_j6fzpot wrote

Because of Zodiac, Hurdy Gurdy Man will always be about stalking and killing people on the west coast during the late 60s. Apologies to Donovan, but that’s the only thing it evokes now.

l_Rumble_Fish_l t1_j6ggeyp wrote

I think it was played at the beginning and the end if I remember correctly.

JoeMagnifico t1_j6g14xj wrote

Tequila! - Pee Wee's Big Adventure

CoolAbdul t1_j6fvyd5 wrote

Donna Summer's "On the Radio". The way it is used at the end of the movie "Foxes" totally changes your perception of what I originally saw as a frivolous disco song.

theAusterityClinic t1_j6fzbnz wrote

This is an incredibly sad song. I always bring that up to people and nobody has ever found it interesting. Only me and you give to fox about it.

ZorroMeansFox t1_j6g58j2 wrote

I'll say "Daisy" being sung during the scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey when HAL is "killed."

I've come to believe that this might be the first time that a film used a "slowed-down, tone-shifted" dark version of an upbeat song in order to create an eerie effect. As a kid, when I first experienced it, I remember thinking that other directors could use "altered" versions of songs to create strange moods; and it was satisfying to see this happen again and again over the years.

bluesheepreasoning t1_j6gf1z4 wrote

Personally, I first saw a version of it in a demonstration of DALL•E's variation feature, which added a haunting and robotic undertone to the video. I later learned that this particular version of Daisy Bell was the first ever song synthesized by a computer.

Sorntel t1_j6gyo1v wrote

What is Love - Night at the Roxbury. Impossible to take seriously now.

LetMeCuntinue t1_j6g011h wrote

Enya - Orinoco Flow

garrisontweed t1_j6g4rtn wrote

>Enya - Orinoco Flow

They use that song while Daniel Craig character is getting tortured in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'.Brilliant choice for the scene and how dark it is.

tealcandtrip t1_j6fzf8i wrote

I never liked the Pina Colada song about a couple trying to cheat on each other. Then Gunn put it in Guardians, my favorite Marvel movie, and I associate it with Star-Lord cruising through space. I appreciate the music more than the message. That’s true for a lot of tracks on both movies, plus some songs like Lakeshore Drive, I had never even heard before.

Supernatural did the same thing for eighties rock music for me. I was aware of ACDC and so on, but I never bothered to listen to that ‘screaming’ as my mom calls it.

steadyachiever t1_j6g2yd0 wrote

> I appreciate the music more than the message.

I love that song’s message though! It’s like a parable about love and communication and not being blinded by the mundane. Those two not only deserved each other, they complemented each other perfectly! I wish I could find someone who fits perfectly into my whole life, including my flaws.

I recently heard somewhere that great marriages aren’t great because they never come apart, but because they are defined by the coming back together again. I think that song is a beautiful example of that. Cheesy, saccharine, and unrealistic…but beautiful!

DoctorRed t1_j6gzyir wrote

It doesn't really fit here but- I Really Wanna Stay at Your House, in Cyberpunk Edgerunners.

Probably heard the song a hundred times during the game and never thought anything of, now it strikes a sublimely painful chord.

The Utada Hikaru versions of Fly Me to the Moon and the other songs in the Evangelion remakes.

That System of a Down song in The One with Jet Li.

AlanMorlock t1_j6hcxoy wrote

"Heaven Is Place On Earth" will always just always be the San Junipero song for me.

Hurdy Gurdy Man in Zodiac.

[deleted] t1_j6g1da6 wrote

Space Oddity in Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

Typical-Can-1033 t1_j6g2tve wrote

“Everyday” - Gummo

“Free Bird” - Devil’s Rejects

“Ruby Tuesday” - Royal Tenenbaums

“In Dreams” - Blue Velvet

“Goodbye Horses” - Silence of the Lambs

Sultan_Of_Ping t1_j6g1859 wrote

Radiohead "You and Whose Army?" featured in Villeneuve's Incendies. It is now impossible for me to separate the two.

garrisontweed t1_j6g5vxt wrote

Crying in Mulholland Drive.It`s not in English and it hit hard.Well done,David Lynch.

mojo_pin71 t1_j6g66lz wrote

I'll always tense up and hear firecrackers when Sister Christian comes on.

orangemaroon25 t1_j6g7k8d wrote

I don't remember if the movie actually played the song, but when Nicolas Cage said "it's you, Captain. You're the rocketman."

helen_twelvetrees t1_j6gbe2y wrote

"If You Leave Me Now" in Three Kings.

"The Bluest Eyes in Texas" in Boys Don't Cry.

"Late for the Sky" in Taxi Driver.

All three songs I was completely indifferent to, but now whenever I hear them they take me right back to the emotions from watching the movies.

extra_specticles t1_j6he1lt wrote

Mamma Mia in Muriel's Wedding. The scene where they keep singing and smiling while they goad the other two other women into a fist fight is hilarious.

ahmadinebro t1_j6i59en wrote

Atlantis by Donovan in Goodfellas