Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_jdr06h3 wrote

He should be thankful he isn’t in jail. One of the victims was a minor.

rahnster_wright t1_jdrepu3 wrote

*yet. I adore the owner, and he's a real dumb dumb for this one, but it's not too late for someone to press charges.

NHiker469 t1_jdr0ko5 wrote

I agree. Clearly neither company had safeguards in place to prevent this.

I am in a group chat with 37 other parents from our school who feel the same way.

Extremely negligent by all parties. Some more than others, but no one is off the hook here.

−16

[deleted] t1_jdr12r6 wrote

Totally disagree in terms of Roots Cafe. Before this, Angelo’s had a perfectly fine reputation and rapport in Newmarket. There was absolutely no reason to expect their supply would be laced with drugs.

NHiker469 t1_jdr1zos wrote

Sadly, there is now. If proper procedures were in place this would not have happened.

While I agree he is less negligent than the ice cream distributor, this clearly shows very little due diligence was done when choosing said distributor.

−20

bristlebrass t1_jdr65sf wrote

My understanding is Angelo’s was the ice cream distributor, and there was no reason for anyone to think he was making THC ice cream to begin with. What safeguard could Roots Cafe have put in place to screen ice cream for drugs?

NHiker469 t1_jdr6kz5 wrote

See my more recent comment about distributor due diligence.

C’mon people. This is the real world. You don’t get to serve your customers drug laced food and carry on business as usual.

−19

bristlebrass t1_jdr7crn wrote

I see everyone else has already told you this is a remarkably silly position to hold, so I’ll stop here.

NHiker469 t1_jdr82xa wrote

LOL!!

The only opinions that matter will be our state and local leadership as well as the FDA.

Their position is likely very similar to mine.

Good day, ma’am.

−11

Baranjula t1_jdrc36o wrote

Does the FDA require all ice cream shops to test the products they buy for marijuana?

lantrick t1_jdr7lm6 wrote

What do you imaging resellers should do when they buy Ice Cream from reputable vendors as "proper procedures"? Pay to have every container Lab tested before they open them for sale? Would you have this extended to grocery stores and every place else that sells Ice Cream to the public? What about other products?

Point of sale lab testing for all?

NHiker469 t1_jdr8a7t wrote

God no. In fact, if you do proper due diligence on your suppliers very very very few items would need to be tested.

−3

the_nobodys t1_jdrg4va wrote

You're just repeating a vague "do due diligence" argument. What does this mean specifically and, what if roots had done due diligence and AA iced cream had a 100% history of no problems.

Your argument doesn't seem to take into account that a F-up can be the first of its kind.

rahnster_wright t1_jdrhvxy wrote

I'd also like to know what "do due diligence" means exactly. Angelo's Amore has been in business for over two years and has a great reputation. They were a reputable producer.

I worry I am wasting too much energy on this troll though.

[deleted] t1_jdt2598 wrote

Whoever this person is just wants to hear themselves talk, and is far too proud to admit when they’re blatantly wrong.

NHiker469 t1_jdrso3k wrote

Don’t hire people who would do this to you. Pretty simple concept actually.

−7

Matryoshkova t1_jds4cc7 wrote

If the distributor has no history of issues, has current safety certifications and a good rating from government agencies; how is the restaurant expected to be more diligent in choosing?

Reubachi t1_jdvnmj9 wrote

….again, what if the vendor is reputable, is used by the entire state, and has no history of this?

If a meteor hits someone on a walk, would you scold them for not understanding meteor patterns?

besafenh t1_jdr71aj wrote

THC concentrations are typically measured by a HPLC chromatographic suite. The other ingredients in edibles can ruin the processing devices, yet let’s ignore that for the moment. A used name brand HPLC suite can be as cheap as $6000, more typically $20,000 devoid of calibration tools. As NH believes the DEA, you can’t have a calibration sample of THC, so the results are suspect. All that I might accomplish without calibration, is similar to claiming a positive test for heroin, in a person known to eat poppy seed bagels.

Or… I need a subscription to a shared analytics library, and the HPLC suite. ~ $100,000 for a cutting edge analytics platform.

In every food and beverage business.

NHiker469 t1_jdr7w6y wrote

I don’t think every batch of ice cream needs to be tested. In fact, almost none of them do.

SO LONG as proper due diligence is done on who is supplying your goods. Ice cream in this case.

With a tiny bit of DD on the restaurants part, they very likely could have made a better decision on who supplied their ice cream.

Instead, the opted for mediocrity and served their customers ice cream laced with illegal drugs.

🤦‍♂️

−5

besafenh t1_jdr9tnv wrote

They purchased a business with existing inventory. I looked into a restaurant in Manchvegas that offed the same deal. Should I throw out all of the olive oil, or do I look at the good reviews and think about the advantages of a stable transition?

As an FDA regulated food producer, I have to employ an audit system in addition to my process controls. (Botulism kills).

Ideally, I would have a water analysis suite, but the only way to make it work financially, is to accept that my primary job is laboratory analysis. The product processing becomes a distant secondary line. Clean room, appropriate storage, necessary devices. $200,000 Yes, I investigated.

Sending batch samples to Cornell is financially beneficial, and more believable than self-testing. Would a University falsify results? Less likely than a processing facility doing so.

NHiker469 t1_jdra5el wrote

Ugh, I can’t do these walls of text defending this behavior. Byeee

−1

Reubachi t1_jdvqavw wrote

Lol you win the award this month for “most clueless Karen”.

I hope you and people like you don’t ruin a business for not following “due diligence”, whatever the fuck you think that is hahaha.

Brb gotta go get gas and do due diligence that it’s not laced with thc first.

BomTradyBT21 t1_jdrb3od wrote

Oh god, you’ve bred. I can’t wait until you unleash your entitled shitbag kids on the world… I’m sure they’ll be great HOA presidents.