Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Careful-Explorer-503 t1_jad3oyw wrote

Just did some quick googling- NJ is number 1 in the US for education, no. 2 is Massachusetts with an average prop tax of $5,600. 3 is Florida with an average prop tax of $1752. Again just some quick googling and I’m not sure how accurate it all is but if it is right then maybe the education isn’t the justification we think it is.

Nexis4Jersey t1_jado9f2 wrote

I doubt Florida is number 3 for education..

Careful-Explorer-503 t1_jadyh2j wrote

Why?

Nexis4Jersey t1_jae0d73 wrote

Florida has some of the worst schools in the country , they're notoriously overcrowded...teachers paided horribly and graduation rates are some of the lowest in the US.

Careful-Explorer-503 t1_jae7ewd wrote

I’m trying to to find something to substantiate your claim and I’m coming up a little short. But I do see bad schools in states with otherwise great schools, especially in Massachusetts. I see that Florida is in the top 20 for graduation rates in the country. And I’d say teachers are not paid what they deserve in any state. I’ll add that teacher pay has been a long contested issue in NJ, so hard to point the finger from where we stand (NJ).

[deleted] t1_jae8bdg wrote

[deleted]

−4

Careful-Explorer-503 t1_jaee1hl wrote

Well it’s easy enough to google yourself but I can see you’re more interested in arguing politics than finding the truth.