Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

brickmaj t1_j68hmsv wrote

And it’s cold out. If this happened in the summer the response would be very different

Carmilla31 t1_j68scji wrote

It was 40 degrees. It wasnt that cold to explain why it was that quiet.

iv2892 t1_j68wub1 wrote

It was around 35 degrees and it was chilly last night . Not extremely cold, specially for nyc . But that is very different than being in the 70s or low 80s by late may /early June

Mrmilkymilkster t1_j69n2uv wrote

Nah, cause it was freezing out when the first mass protests happened after Eric Garner.

−1

Westiemom666 t1_j6bmt60 wrote

Because, that cop wasn't charged (still hasn't been) or even fired when the video of his murder was released. He wasn't fired until years later. Their arrests preceded the video and that made a big difference

Mrmilkymilkster t1_j6bn0be wrote

Big difference between the two videos. And the dude was fired. You seem confused.

−1

Westiemom666 t1_j6bnon4 wrote

He was fired five years later.

Mrmilkymilkster t1_j6bnyl1 wrote

Correct. After that officer pleaded with garner for 12 minutes to go peacefully (watch the full video), garner still refused. Never should have been fired

−4

Westiemom666 t1_j6bo96c wrote

I've seen the video and disagree, he used a banned chokehold.

Westiemom666 t1_j6bog2x wrote

That of course, wasn't as brutal as this murder or George Floyd's. The bar has been lowered, what seemed brutal in 2014 is less so compared to the more recent cases.

Mrmilkymilkster t1_j6bp1l5 wrote

You can disagree all you want, the Garner situation is absolutely nothing like Floyd or the current situation. That’s a simple fact. That choke hold was about as lethal as a toddler w a water gun.

Westiemom666 t1_j6bp5wy wrote

Cause if death: manslaughter

Mrmilkymilkster t1_j6bpd04 wrote

No, cause of death was heart failure brought on by intense physical struggle after decades of health neglect. No one forced Garner to be morbidly obese and refuse lawful orders for 12 minutes.

Westiemom666 t1_j6bpozh wrote

You should tell the city medical examiner that: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Eric_Garner

Mrmilkymilkster t1_j6bpsc8 wrote

I don’t need to. Manslaughter just means it wasn’t by natural means. And clearly deciding to fight the police isn’t by natural means.

Westiemom666 t1_j6bq0i4 wrote

He died from the officer's compression of his neck. I didn't write out his death certificate, it is what it is. Over and out, blessed be.

Mrmilkymilkster t1_j6bqi63 wrote

After he refused to comply with lawful ordersfor 12 whole minutes. He absolutely did not die from that compression to his neck, he was breathing and talking after that half assed “choke hold” was enacted. There’s an entire video for you to watch. The guy was morbidly obese and decided to fight the cops after being asked nicely for 12 ENTIRE MINUTES TO COMPLY. Unfortunately his heart failed him. No one wanted him to die. It sucked. But he had no reason to not comply with lawful orders for 12 minutes. Sorry dude. God bless.