Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mike81890 t1_j8nrwih wrote

There is regional rail that you picks up from Jefferson / Suburban / 30th st, etc.

So I, who lives in south Philly, must take a bus to 16th and JFK, then go back down on the airport line. If the BSL just went south, I would save about an hour on airport trips.

RoughRhinos t1_j8ntwe8 wrote

Also in South Philly. 37 bus wouldn't be terrible if it didn't make a million stops. Bus revolution had plans for a new direct airport bus from Synder that seemed much faster. Hopefully that actually happens. I usually take the 37 if I can catch it but a direct frequent airport bus would be so great.

Surprisingly Atlanta is hard to beat with their airport lines I think red and gold that hits so many neighborhoods and costs $2. Would be the equivalent of BSL from NE going all the way to the airport.

JediDrkKnight t1_j8nsu0b wrote

Major agree, it's honestly an abysmally inconvenient trip to the airport for anyone not on or just off of Market. The airport should be accessible within 30 min by most neighborhoods in Philly by public transit.

[deleted] t1_j8nvunp wrote

[deleted]

JediDrkKnight t1_j8o7grl wrote

I've taken the airport line after connecting from the El when timing works out just right, but that's not sustainable since the trip is 1 hour or more, when a drive is 15 min. It's bafflingly bad. In the past 4 trips, I've only used transit once due to lack of frequency, and I'm 5 min from an El stop.

courageous_liquid t1_j8o7tcc wrote

> unless you live within a 5 minute walk to Jeff, Suburban or 30th, you aren't taking the airport line

I live in south philly and often take the airport line. It's not bad if you're close to the subway.

AbsentEmpire t1_j8tajsq wrote

Airport line from South Philly isn't a bad trip, the biggest issue is SEPTA early morning bus frequency. But coming back from the airport is super convenient.