Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HotConcrete t1_jc095xt wrote

SEPTA drivers get random drug tests. No way do they want to risk second hand weed causing them to pop positive.

Edit: not sure why I assumed they were smoking reefer. But I assumed.

sandwichpepe OP t1_jc0f0gp wrote

not sure what it was, i don’t think it was weed nor cigs 🀷

HotConcrete t1_jc1r5zm wrote

Lol, do edgy teenagers still smoke cloves?

EntireTadpole t1_jc2fuup wrote

Wasn't that an 80's thing? Or did it happen in the 90's too?

ElectricalMud2850 t1_jc5824o wrote

That was still happening in the early 2000s when I was hanging out at skatepark all the time.

svenEsven t1_jc1ikmw wrote

Philadelphia also banned employment screening for marijuana, there are a few exceptions, but I don't think septa driver is one of them.

DrJJStroganoff t1_jc1xnvo wrote

Owning a commercial drivers license (like these bus drivers) they are subject to federal drug screenings under the DOTs authority. Regardless of local regulations.

svenEsven t1_jc2b7wr wrote

I was unaware the standard size busses required those. Thanks for the information.

DrJJStroganoff t1_jc2bvz5 wrote

It's a class B vehicle, one step below semis. So you need either a CDL class A or B to drive one, and you need to get a special "endorsement" on it to transport humans. The endorsements are another step where you take an additional test. You need them for humans, liquids, doubles, hazmat, etc.

eleboil t1_jc3szwx wrote

Also air brakes.

DrJJStroganoff t1_jc3u8qb wrote

Air brakes are included in the A and B classes. No endorsement exists for them.

eleboil t1_jc9no5i wrote

Not when I took my CDL test. it was and I believe still is a restriction that needs to be removed ( endorsement was not the correct term) Just like manual transmission. Air brakes are a separate part of the written and practical test.

nnp1989 t1_jc1mhw3 wrote

Pre-employment screening =/= random testing. I’m pretty sure you can still be tested in a job like that at any time.

mymanlysol t1_jc0r2y0 wrote

Lol, are you serious?

−6

cashonlyplz t1_jc1k8ak wrote

Are you?

mymanlysol t1_jc1tsr7 wrote

You really think that a person smoking weed on a bus could cause the driver to fail a drug test?

Obbz t1_jc1v7u1 wrote

Yes? That's called hot boxing my dude.

−2

mymanlysol t1_jc221z4 wrote

Everyone on the bus would have to be smoking. Even then it's unlikely it would cause someone not smoking to test positive.