Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JBizznass t1_j298c7k wrote

Seeking advice: For various health reasons, I’m trying to eat at least 125g of protein before 5pm (or before dinner). Calories don’t really matter. But even just eating pure meat and a protein shake I struggle to not fill up before I reach this goal. Any suggestions on high protein low bulk food would be appreciated.

Note: I can’t eat gluten and pea and whey protein are also no goes for my tummy.

alittlemouth t1_j29bvz4 wrote

Turkey sausage and egg scramble for breakfast with 1.5 cups Fage 0% greek yogurt with berries or whatever you wanna put in it to make it fancy. 6oz turkey + 3 eggs + yogurt = 80g protein. Couple hard boiled eggs (or a few babybel cheese) + a few ounces of deli turkey (or roast beef or an 8oz turkey or beef burger) for lunch and you're easily at 125g. Make sure you get some veggies and try to buy low sodium sausage + deli meat - your poops and your kidneys will thank you!

JBizznass t1_j29d7sd wrote

Thanks! I was eating lots of turkey sausage (i love the Jones brand) but ran out before Christmas and apparently had a brain fart and forgot about it! Lol. Im front loading my protein and eating lots veggies at night. It’s really helping my migraines, and my tummy!

salamanderXIII t1_j2an7mj wrote

Eggs are your friend in this endeavor. Lots of ways to prepare them and they can be added to many many dishes.

JBizznass t1_j2apjwv wrote

I eat so many dam eggs! I’ve recently started roping them with everything bagel seasoning! I also cook them in different oils like butter, ghee, coconut oil, avocado oil, etc/. Fun fun.

salamanderXIII t1_j2aqjll wrote

My low-effort go-to meal these days is an omelette with a variety of sauteed peppers (poblano especially) and onions with Cholula hot sauce.

throwawaitnine t1_j298se9 wrote

A pound of 90/10 ground beef or turkey.

JBizznass t1_j29dgk9 wrote

I said this to the other person who commented: I had apparently forgot that ground turkey and turkey sausages were a thing. Oops.