Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Proper-Code7794 t1_j4pgfsl wrote

You should mess with people who live in houses like that I'm sure nothing will happen.

Jolly-Cheek5779 t1_j4puccq wrote

Lmaooo yeah ok .

MagnusUnda t1_j4q5tls wrote

That’s the section 8 housing between Washington Christian 5th and 3rd.

What makes this particularly egregious is that, not only do they get housing for free (which is fine!), but they got a free parking spot behind the housing (less fine). Here this person is saving additional spots so others in the neighborhood whose taxes pay for their housing/parking cannot use them.

newmanification t1_j4qlzdc wrote

Do you think the people who live here don’t pay taxes?

Mike81890 t1_j4rih28 wrote

Not property or income tax, no.

Ng3me t1_j4s7kbx wrote

You think people in public housing don’t have jobs?

−2

Mike81890 t1_j4s8knu wrote

If you make less than a certain amount of money your income tax liability is 0.

MagnusUnda t1_j4qqew0 wrote

I think they pay sales tax. I think the EITC credit, when coupled with their likely low income (the reason they are eligible for the housing or housing subsidy) renders their federal and state tax liability to nothing

I think the value of free or subsidized housing in Bellavista far outweighs, whatever taxes they pay

So, in a fact, they are making out with more than they are putting in - all of which is fine except #they shouldn’t be saving the parking spots# on top of it

newmanification t1_j4qsf5u wrote

“making out with more than they are putting in” is an interesting way to describe the working poor

Ng3me t1_j4r07qz wrote

Go trade places with them. Go be poor. Enjoy that good life. You’re walking around griping that they’re getting over on you, so go ahead.

MagnusUnda t1_j4r95wl wrote

Look, i’m not saying the people who live in free and subsidized housing, have it easy. They don’t: society is built to exploit and make things harder for the poor.

I am saying that people who receive free-to-them parking that is paid for by everyone else, but exclusive to their use, should not also be illegally claiming parking spots otherwise available to everyone.

These are not irreconcilable positions

Ng3me t1_j4s1lj0 wrote

Nobody should illegally claim parking no matter their path in life.

SBRH33 t1_j4qildy wrote

Lol. These homes aren't section 8. They are PHA owned housing. The housing isnt "free" either. Its subsidized, which means the residents pay some form of rent.

But go ahead and mess around with that and get FAFO'd over parking. 🤷🏼‍♂️

William_d7 t1_j4rpb1z wrote

I think a lot of the people who regularly park on those blocks are renters in QV who still have out of town addresses on their licenses so they have to park on unpermitted blocks. That area is a shitshow anyway so I can’t get too heated about it.

Jolly-Cheek5779 t1_j4q6sa7 wrote

Lmao I didn’t need the explanation. I know where it is.

−15

MagnusUnda t1_j4q89qa wrote

Less of an explanation than me unnecessarily ranting about a common annoyance of mine at your expense

Asleep_Operation4116 t1_j4spbj2 wrote

That’s why you remove the chairs but don’t park there

MRC1986 t1_j4w36e3 wrote

Letting unsuspecting people to park there and have their cars smashed. How nice of you.

This is why I'm vehemently against removing savesies unless you're going to risk your own car in that spot. I will die on that hill, and a year or so ago I did in a post showing traffic cone savesies.