Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

chickentendieslove t1_j6ibu0b wrote

Just be prepared for a looooooooong trip back home. I live near broad and cars were backed up for hours trying to get out. Lots of honking and chaos for a long time.

latenightsnack1 OP t1_j6ie94r wrote

Luckily I have an old relative who I can crash with down on carpenter but I wouldn't want to be there during the day, it's just literally a place I can go sleep after

lucasj t1_j6js9bm wrote

Depending on where your relative lives, Triangle Tavern is a great bar to watch sports that’s not too far from Carpenter.

sandwichpepe t1_j6ipw8e wrote

same with the bsl, the train broke down bc there were too many people stuffed in it 😭

tevorn420 t1_j6jpg85 wrote

trains don’t break down from being crowded. most big cities in the world experience stuffed trains daily during rush hour

tevorn420 t1_j6jpan0 wrote

if you drive in philadelphia on the day of the super bowl you’re an idiot and any delays you experience while driving are entirely your fault

blinchik2020 t1_j6ip9c5 wrote

I would say: plan to walk home if you are able and willing. Don’t how how people with limited mobility are handling these sorts of situations.

Angsty_Potatos t1_j6i53u5 wrote

South Philly will have the best vibes. Down by east passyunk (just off broad) there are Lucky 13, South House, Separatist, Watkins drinkery,

Skanko t1_j6i9ei6 wrote

All good calls. Cantina normally doesn't get super busy either, but they'll have the game on.

lawgirl3278 t1_j6ifzre wrote

Sometimes Cantina closes on Super Bowl Sunday to have a staff party, so check their IG first before going

danmyoo t1_j6iuv37 wrote

Watkins does not typically show sports. But, if the normal bartender works on Sunday, he'll have it on but idk about tv sound

baldude69 t1_j6jw0go wrote

They’ve often had sports on when I’ve been in there, and always turned to it if I asked nicely. I think they will 100% have the Super Bowl on, probably with sound. Funny this was actually one of the first places I thought of going to as a “fun-but-not-squished” bar choice for the SB.

danmyoo t1_j6jyh5t wrote

In my experience the owner, who bartends, almost refuses to put sports on.

baldude69 t1_j6jyts7 wrote

Weird maybe he likes me because I’ve watched at least a half-dozen Sixers games there.

CreditBuilding205 t1_j6jizig wrote

For the first playoff game Separatist had the game on without sound. Not sure about last weekend or the Super Bowl.

dammit_dammit t1_j6l0ffu wrote

Pistola del Sur will also almost definitely have the game on and is basically right on Broad.

nnp1989 t1_j6iuuhw wrote

Lots of chill places in Old City if you're willing to go beyond the Broad Street area. Mac's Tavern, Khyber Pass, Glory, etc.

(To be fair, lots of places to avoid, too - looking at you, JJ Bootleggers.)

Darko33 t1_j6jwv6y wrote

Khyber Pass is the shit. Love their popcorn and biscuits.

auntbat t1_j6kjy2y wrote

The popcorn - sooooooo gooooood!!

Hornybanshe t1_j6mwify wrote

Be a real Philadelphia and go to paddys pub,warning it’s a smoking bar

gijyun t1_j6irn0n wrote

If you just want a quiet place to watch, I always suggest hotel bars. There are a few on Broad Street between City Hall and South Philly.

ZealousidealShift880 t1_j6iu10n wrote

If you are on Facebook and post about this on South Silly, you might get some buddies to hang at a South Philly bar with. People there are kind of wild but friendly.

shann0n420 t1_j6kws7r wrote

My husband and I are probably having some friends over. You’re welcome to join us, we live 3 blocks off broad and not super far from carpenter! GO BIRDS 🦅

Sent_From_time t1_j6jlu7y wrote

There is a bar called 12 steps down right at the Italian Market on 9th and Christian. Carpenter is right there if you do not want to do the whole broad st thing.

baldude69 t1_j6jw45h wrote

Nice this is one of my top choices for a not-insane bar to go to for the SB

baldude69 t1_j6jvm57 wrote

Echoing others, Triangle is good but will be PACKED so be ready for that. I prefer a vibrant-but-not-squished atmosphere so last SB I was at Dive Bar and it was perfect. I’m thinking about Twelve Steps Down or Watkins Drinkery for this year as good-but-not-crazy bars

JeanieRoo t1_j6kr1hy wrote

My friend went to Brauhaus Schmitz last night which is on South Street, but within walking distance of Broad and had fun.

PwillyAlldilly t1_j6kld1y wrote

Honestly you’re best off going to Tabu. You get the positive vibes, energy and won’t have to worry about anyone being a creep to ya.

amoryblainev t1_j6lttm0 wrote

I watched Sunday’s game at triangle tavern and might watch the super bowl there. I live a few blocks away so it’s convenient, but it’s small and got crowded quickly. It’s only a few blocks from broad. If you need a super bowl watching buddy, let me know :)

[deleted] t1_j6ib3wb wrote

[removed]

−1

[deleted] t1_j6igj1e wrote

[removed]

[deleted] t1_j6ij3a7 wrote

[removed]

jamin_g t1_j6j2x1t wrote

As a suburbs dude, why? Watch it out here. When we win, rush to one of the transit centers, ignore the key thing, throw one of the tokens you have laying around in the air, hop the turn style, and get addicted to everything on the bsl down to city hall.

Climb a pole, kiss a stranger, and then walk until you're able to get an Uber to accept the ride.

−46

latenightsnack1 OP t1_j6j3eob wrote

I don't have anywhere to watch it out here either, so figured might as well 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have a relatives place I can crash at in center city after

choya_is_here t1_j6lbzc8 wrote

Im a guy. Probably will be watching alone as well but kop town center isn’t a bad place to watch

Chickies and Pete’s in malvern will be ridiculously packed (and in my opinion their food sucks)