Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Angsty_Potatos t1_j6i53u5 wrote

South Philly will have the best vibes. Down by east passyunk (just off broad) there are Lucky 13, South House, Separatist, Watkins drinkery,

chickentendieslove t1_j6ibu0b wrote

Just be prepared for a looooooooong trip back home. I live near broad and cars were backed up for hours trying to get out. Lots of honking and chaos for a long time.

gijyun t1_j6irn0n wrote

If you just want a quiet place to watch, I always suggest hotel bars. There are a few on Broad Street between City Hall and South Philly.

ZealousidealShift880 t1_j6iu10n wrote

If you are on Facebook and post about this on South Silly, you might get some buddies to hang at a South Philly bar with. People there are kind of wild but friendly.

nnp1989 t1_j6iuuhw wrote

Lots of chill places in Old City if you're willing to go beyond the Broad Street area. Mac's Tavern, Khyber Pass, Glory, etc.

(To be fair, lots of places to avoid, too - looking at you, JJ Bootleggers.)

jamin_g t1_j6j2x1t wrote

As a suburbs dude, why? Watch it out here. When we win, rush to one of the transit centers, ignore the key thing, throw one of the tokens you have laying around in the air, hop the turn style, and get addicted to everything on the bsl down to city hall.

Climb a pole, kiss a stranger, and then walk until you're able to get an Uber to accept the ride.

−46

Sent_From_time t1_j6jlu7y wrote

There is a bar called 12 steps down right at the Italian Market on 9th and Christian. Carpenter is right there if you do not want to do the whole broad st thing.

dlxnj t1_j6jr3w7 wrote

I feel like every where is going to be packeddd

baldude69 t1_j6jvm57 wrote

Echoing others, Triangle is good but will be PACKED so be ready for that. I prefer a vibrant-but-not-squished atmosphere so last SB I was at Dive Bar and it was perfect. I’m thinking about Twelve Steps Down or Watkins Drinkery for this year as good-but-not-crazy bars

baldude69 t1_j6jw0go wrote

They’ve often had sports on when I’ve been in there, and always turned to it if I asked nicely. I think they will 100% have the Super Bowl on, probably with sound. Funny this was actually one of the first places I thought of going to as a “fun-but-not-squished” bar choice for the SB.

PwillyAlldilly t1_j6kld1y wrote

Honestly you’re best off going to Tabu. You get the positive vibes, energy and won’t have to worry about anyone being a creep to ya.

JeanieRoo t1_j6kr1hy wrote

My friend went to Brauhaus Schmitz last night which is on South Street, but within walking distance of Broad and had fun.

shann0n420 t1_j6kws7r wrote

My husband and I are probably having some friends over. You’re welcome to join us, we live 3 blocks off broad and not super far from carpenter! GO BIRDS 🦅

amoryblainev t1_j6lttm0 wrote

I watched Sunday’s game at triangle tavern and might watch the super bowl there. I live a few blocks away so it’s convenient, but it’s small and got crowded quickly. It’s only a few blocks from broad. If you need a super bowl watching buddy, let me know :)