Submitted by Ernie077 t3_zzirgm in pittsburgh

Looking for an r/Pittsburgh miracle, I’m getting married on Saturday 1/7 and the person hired to bake our cake just backed out due to personal issues. Now my fiancé and I are scrambling to find someone to be able to make something for us for our wedding. Wondering if anyone knows/could help us. The only requirement would be enough cake for 100 people. TIA.

EDIT: thank you all for the suggestions/upvotes. We have hired a baker from this thread and will have a cake for our wedding!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Oldswagmaster t1_j2builb wrote

There is always Giant Eagle Sheet cake. But try Moios bakery in Monroeville

RedwoodoftheNorth t1_j2byb9y wrote

Whole Foods Berry Chantilly cakes are so dope and the cake decorators are really nice. I bet one of the three of them can do it.

Bean5152 t1_j2c3x04 wrote

^seconded this cake is an all time favorite of mine, and my cousin had it for her wedding.

redditweddinglady t1_j2c7m5n wrote

This is what we had for our wedding. And it’s actually a delicious cake as well!

You could do 1 for your cutting cake (add a cake topper or other decor if you have it/want it) and then have a sheet cake to serve the rest of the guests.

Or you could get additional and find a cute way to display. Here are a few ideas (can probably find a cake stand online that would come within a week)

Pinterest idea

Pinterest idea 2

Are you a part of the burgh brides and/or local wedding swap groups on Facebook? Post there, the community will help! With cake sourcing or decor, other ideas, etc.

Finally, just remember that whatever happens with the cake, it will not make or break your wedding. Congratulations and good luck!

Buccos t1_j2c36y4 wrote

Just about any bakery can do a really nice two tier cake in that time.

Then just get some Costco sheet cakes or the mini cakes so serve.

sctlight t1_j2d5gy2 wrote

As a chef who does lots of weddings, this is the answer.

TSOD t1_j2dlm7g wrote

Costco cakes are delicious for a store. Not too sweet at all, if you told most people it was a fancy cake blind they’d probably believe you.

jacklyn2647 t1_j2e07wo wrote

this, exactly what we did. the sheet cakes stay in the back and no one will notice.

UnaccountablePuppy t1_j2des6w wrote

This is a serious inquiry, I can!! I am actually going to be off from the bakery I work at while we are closed for a month so I have tons of free time. DM me and I can give you my number and we can talk!!

mkhpgh t1_j2bvqrk wrote

My sis-in-law had similar issue. They bought 6 gorgeous different fancy cakes -just basic round 2-layer, not huge tiers or anything from the Oakmont bakery. People were oohing and ahhing and ate all the cake.

dxlsm t1_j2byjy6 wrote

A little non traditional, but we had pies for our wedding. We had the luxury of ordering them ahead of time, but I’d imagine you could locate 12-14 pies in various flavors for tomorrow. Or do a split with a few pretty sheet cakes and some pies.

A little earlier in the day, I would have recommended calls to Maziotti Bakery in Lower Burrell and Lynette’s Mad Custom Cakes in New Ken. An early morning call might be too late. Lynette’s might respond on FB if you hit them up there tonight, but might still be too late.

Whatever happens, happy wedding day! Remember your guests are there to see you. If you have to tell them there’s no cake and someone complains, tell ‘em to stop being insufferable and they can go hit up DQ later! :)

Edit: Just realized you are saying NEXT Saturday, not tomorrow. Ha! Call the places above. I’d bet one of them can help!

sctlight t1_j2d5n2b wrote

This only works if they don’t want it served. Having multiple flavors is a nightmare if you’re serving cake.

ElJamoquio t1_j2do4is wrote

> A little non traditional, but we had pies for our wedding

I always wanted wedding pie.

87catsinatrenchcoat t1_j2dsoro wrote

My friends had a pie buffet and it was DOPE. One of the best wedding dessert options IMO.

comathematician t1_j2ca8zd wrote

We (me + spouse) had a Giant Eagle cake for our wedding and our guests wouldn't shut up about how delicious it was. They didn't know it was from Giant Eagle. We used the Market District in Robinson (ask for Theresa). Can't recommend highly enough.

mostwanted7530 t1_j2d2x8l wrote

We could help depending on what you are looking for. My partner and I had a bakery in Colorado before we moved here to Pittsburgh and she is also a Head Pastry Chef at a local hotel, please dm me if interested.

UsernameChallenged t1_j2ds1s1 wrote

Like some others said, we had a similar issue. Find sheet cakes for your guests, and just have a small cake for you two to cut. You'll have a much easier time finding that, than a full wedding cake for 100.

Tweed_Kills t1_j2dulue wrote

Butterwood Cake Consortium makes the best cake in Pittsburgh.

BillyEnzin69 t1_j2dq4tj wrote

Giant Eagle sheet cake. Maximum yinzer status achieved.

j_fantuzzo t1_j2dep9d wrote

A Sweet Morsel in Allison Park is your answer. If you call and explain your dilemma I’m sure they’ll get you on the schedule. A Sweet Morsel Custom Cakes

ladydragon8084 t1_j2cjrwi wrote

I have a wonderful cake lady friend who can prob help you. Send me a message for her phone number :)

poke-kk t1_j2ck8nx wrote

First - Congrats OP!

Second - someone suggested multiple round cakes and I was going to suggest the same. Using something like this with multiple cakes would be easy, sufficient, and not very stressful to figure out.

Good luck!

Edit - maybe not this exact one since it wont arrive until after the wedding.

reefered_beans t1_j2csdx4 wrote

Ask if Bethel Bakery can do sheet cakes

stadulevich t1_j2dut03 wrote

Butterwood on Butler should be able to accomadate and there cakes are amazing. Just have to order them online and go pick them up a couple days later.

ElStegasaurus t1_j2e1qoj wrote

Check out Signature Desserts in Castle Shannon, their cakes are awesome and every time I call to order a cake they tell me they only need 4-5 days notice

cosmololgy t1_j2d4nyo wrote

We did a tasting cake for the two of us, fancy cupcakes for each person, and a cookie table as well. Everyone liked it and it’s probably doable In The timeframe

−1

SpoontownUSAville t1_j2d8kmc wrote

We got a cake last minute from Food Glorious Food in Highland Park for about $100, delicious and looked great. We love their stuff. It was mostly just for cutting and for our toppers - Then we just got a few sheet cakes to feed the guests. Worked out fine!

−1

queenoftheidiots t1_j2du83c wrote

There’s a place in Washington PA called Popcorn Willies that is now doing pastries including cakes. I know she has done wedding cakes. Their stuff is getting rave reviews and we’ve liked what we’ve ordered.

724-229-7117

−1