Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

cofonseca t1_j7r8l0e wrote

Do sliders count? If so, Harry’s.

NEYachtBroker OP t1_j7s44xh wrote

Sliders most definitely count! This will be my next stop.

cofonseca t1_j7s48qx wrote

You won’t regret it! Legit the best sliders I’ve had anywhere, and I’ve tried a lot of sliders.

portriprov t1_j7x9xsd wrote

Ahh Chomp is also very very good. Great chicken sandwiches too!

portriprov t1_j7x9tgj wrote

Harrys is great and they have special prices during day time hours. The Abbey is great too.

Temporary-Coffee2943 t1_j7rft9k wrote

Ivy Tavern!

anemonemometer t1_j7ssq5q wrote

Really? I had their two-alarm chicken sandwich and it left a lot to be desired in my opinion. Glad to know the burgers are good!

TwainVonnegut t1_j7su009 wrote

Their Silverburger (chili cheese with mushrooms 🍄 and other fixins) is a thing of beauty and requires a fork and knife!

hodgeybeats t1_j7un7bn wrote

Used to agree. I think the place is pretty average these days.

Temporary-Coffee2943 t1_j7unlbe wrote

I get that. When we've gotten takeout it's been pretty average, but in person dining is still great IMO.

fucktheOvilleSystem t1_j7xbx28 wrote

I used to really enjoy the Ivy Tavern's burger but the last couple times I went it was pretty crappy...not to mention expensive!

Temporary-Coffee2943 t1_j7zh8cc wrote

What a bummer! I haven't been in several months, but the last couple times we got takeout, it was not the best. I chalked it up to being takeout rather than dine-in, but maybe they're going downhill. Their Korean wings are still bomb though!

Dinosquid t1_j7sal5k wrote

Idk if it’s the “best burger” but Amy’s on Wickenden has a great burger.

Amy’s is fuckin awesome in general, wish they had a bigger spot.

FunLife64 t1_j7sgk2t wrote

Yeah when you go to order online at 9:15 and they’ve turned off online ordering cause they’re already buried. 🫤

Don’t love their fries though.

Dinosquid t1_j7skio2 wrote

Yeah, we (we = the people I work with) stopped even trying to get food to-go with them. I don’t feel like it’s fair to criticize a restaurant for being difficult to order online, but I DO wish I could order them more.

I actually do love the fries.

silverhammer96 t1_j7u7tg5 wrote

When do y’all order? I’ve never had a problem getting ordering take out from there.

FunLife64 t1_j7vwm6k wrote

Weekends by 10 am tend to be the time they get inundated.

Weekdays on very nice days sometimes.

Dinosquid t1_j7ulmmk wrote

Late morning/noonish on the weekends. They close at 3 so it makes sense, they’re always super busy on the weekends.

BlakeSwag t1_j7sgjqx wrote

The best burger I’ve had is from the dips dips food truck at Moniker. It’s more of a smashed burger - similar to Tasty Burger in Boston if you’ve had it. It’s literally so good.

FrutaFertil t1_j7sv6k6 wrote

Word this is the answer! Also really enjoy Avenue N…

Limp_Antelope t1_j7qz8zc wrote

Chomp is my favorite and fairly reasonably priced.

NEYachtBroker OP t1_j7rx9dy wrote

I think Chomp is decent, but overrated. Also quite expensive for the portion size. I will agree that the beer selection is great!

FunLife64 t1_j7sgfue wrote

I will say they use a lot of high quality ingredients (I don’t like it myself, but their ketchup is made in house).

So you’re paying for that. They also have a lot of unique combos/flavors they use.

Not an everyday burger type place but it’s good.

Nieman2419 t1_j7rds2b wrote

Chomp is the bomb! but they got rid of the French onion burger :( it was sooo good. Hight recommend. also a good draft selection

longislandtoolshed t1_j7sdk1d wrote

RIP the french onion burger. I don't know why they stopped making that one. It was many people's favorite.

coletrain396 t1_j7sqbqe wrote

Same with the Hash burger they got rid of. Only thing that was worth the price

PipeLayer2016 t1_j7rcs8z wrote

Bun Fun 😥

Harmonomicon t1_j7rg3te wrote

this is the correct answer unfortunately. BunFun was a beautiful flash in the pan for burger lovers - I’ve gone to every one of their pop ups since they closed.

Chomp is a close 2nd (especially the Smokey bandit) and Harry’s is cheap & reliable

bungocheese t1_j7r7ngv wrote

The Aquidneck Farm burger at Rogue Island is awesome, I think Wednesdays or thursdays they do a beer and burger with fries deal too. I've heard good things about slow Rhode too. RI food fights usually does a competition in the summer but I didn't see who won this year.

Wonderful_Bother9172 t1_j7s3fm6 wrote

Durks bbq. It's so amazing. And it's a half price special every Wednesday.

best burger

FunLife64 t1_j7sh0se wrote

Looks good but 0 vegetables. Can we not use lettuce and tomato?!

bpear t1_j7uhf44 wrote

You can add lettuce and tomato. No charge. I use to go there almost every Wednesday for the deal

FunLife64 t1_j7uyna8 wrote

Thanks! I once added tomato to a sandwich at Rogue Island and they forgot to tell me it was $1 extra when I paid for it on the phone. Then they wanted me to pay $1 cash when I got there….like…really?

NEYachtBroker OP t1_j7s4bgu wrote

That’s a damn good looking burger! And a good deal makes it taste all the better.

FrutaFertil t1_j7svcc4 wrote

It’s such a salt and fat bomb though. Like when you eat it, you love it but you know you’re gonna pay for it dearly. I think Dips Dips delivers the same energy with more restraint and the shrettuce balances it out.

Wonderful_Bother9172 t1_j7swqu2 wrote

You've never eaten this burger so you're assuming a lot. It does not need tomato and it most certainly does not need lettuce. I don't think any burger does, all those two ingredients do is make the bun not stay on the burger and all your other toppings fall out. Enjoy your veggie burger though.

FrutaFertil t1_j95jqc2 wrote

Where are you getting that I’ve never tasted the Durks burger before? Of course I have tried it, I wouldn’t be able to comment on it otherwise. I guess the rest of the burger world is doing it wrong to include LTO in their burgers, you really have your work cut out to evangelize on your beliefs. Have fun!

Wonderful_Bother9172 t1_j7s410k wrote

Mission burgers in Middletown is also amazing!

And if you go on Monday they have winner winner fried chicken tenders and sandwiches. Iykyk

beerisgreatPA t1_j7sjqlj wrote

HOW HAS NOBODY MENTIONED DIPS DIPS

BlakeSwag t1_j7xcser wrote

I did!!! It’s literally the best and I was surprised too!!

Previous_Floor t1_j7rytd3 wrote

You know there's a problem when the majority of posters are saying Chomp.

Don't get me wrong. I order from Chomp somewhat frequently, and I do enjoy it, but it's really nothing to get excited about. It just isn't.

FunLife64 t1_j7sgvvg wrote

I mean sure is their basic burger a standout compared to other basic burgers? Probably not. But hardly any places have the variety they have and very few have unique flavor combos that they do. Most places just offer one, maybe two, types of burger. And the crazy one may just have guacamole on it.

Efficient_Bird_406 t1_j7t5msh wrote

I can’t say much about their burgers, I’ve only had one once (it was good). But their specials? Dope. Their BBQ hot honey sandwich? To die for. I love them and I’ll pay whatever crazy prices they choose.

noungning t1_j7spfpu wrote

I like the truffle burger at red stripe with their frites.

jpoz69 t1_j7tfd7k wrote

Harry’s!!

BOKEH_BALLS t1_j7u6zv9 wrote

The best burger is actually at Hunky Dory in Warren.

IncognitoFrijol t1_j7tuicd wrote

El Chapin bar and restaurant in Prov has amazing burgers not gonna lie

leavingthecold t1_j7ufkfy wrote

Wendy's strictly for price point on the value items and biggie combo both $4 and $5 option

Keeks2021Moderna t1_j7urdwy wrote

Trapbox food truck has some great burgers on their menu. Their chopped cheese is also phenomenal.

bigolenate t1_j7vg8jr wrote

Not Providence, but has anyone tried Stanleys in Central Falls?

portriprov t1_j7xa8tw wrote

They used to have one in Providence. Very good smash style burger.

fucktheOvilleSystem t1_j7xc84b wrote

Five Guys in Johnston (their fries are hard to beat too), Slow Rhode. Ivy Tavern burgs used to be OK but something changed about them (other than the exorbitant price). I wanna check out The Abbey, never been.

That being said, never got the vibe that Providence was a burger city, like a lot of cities. We get gaggers, for better and worse.

Sonic_Uth t1_j7yhjru wrote

red door’s sliders are rad

rc_sneex t1_j8bda6q wrote

The burger at New Rivers is excellent - even though it's not a "going out for a burger" place.

hockeyshiz t1_j7s7aec wrote

Does los Andes still do the burger with egg? Hands down best option but haven’t had it in years.