Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Happy-Grapefruit-5 t1_ix282i2 wrote

Personally, huge fan of Red Door, the Eddy, Royal Bobcat, Tiny Bar, and ISCO

FunLife64 t1_ix5myfv wrote

Tiny bars are creative but they live up to their name. They’re tiny.

maxefontes2 t1_ix3ukk7 wrote

Was going to say the Red Door. Some of the best I’ve had.

LauraPalmersMom430 t1_ix24t3p wrote

The Avery, Courtland Club, The Royal Bobcat, Dolores

essenceofjoy t1_ix28ky7 wrote

Royal Bobcat—the heart throb. My favorite local cocktail right now

gloeingsoy t1_ix26zjf wrote

i love the eddy personally!

rabk294 t1_ix2adbv wrote

The Eddy, The Avery, The East End, Glou, Needle and Thread, Walnut Lounge, Dolores, Red Door, GCB

mofuz t1_ix28d9p wrote

Red door, avery, bobcat. I’m a huge fan of dusk and parlour for the music but they aren’t exact high end cocktail bars.

Sparkleshart t1_ix3gqu2 wrote

The Eddy, Kimi’s, the Avery are my top three.

bpear t1_ix4b3o0 wrote

The Eddy, Red Door, courtland club, and Marcelino's

greenmegsnoham t1_ix3im3w wrote

All of the above and the recent addition of Clementine's. Went last week and they were inventive and balanced, cool new spot.

SanguinousSammy t1_ix3o9my wrote

Former mayor and current congressperson Cicilline is involved with Clementine. Saw him glad handing guests and washing surfaces last time I went by.

bungocheese t1_ix4wj0c wrote

I went last night, it was really good. Plus it's nice to be back to remember birch

ApolloKid t1_ix3znl0 wrote

Lot of great answers already (especially The Eddy) but saw The East End hasn’t been mentioned yet

Ukie3 t1_ix44wk5 wrote

The Eddy. Best cocktails and best thiqq trijet art.

emptyhandspvd t1_ix5826w wrote

Royal Bobcat. Plus they got some handsome behind the bar. Courtland Club. Avery. Kimis

missliddyliddy t1_ix59cc8 wrote

Bodega on smith street had amazing drinks. New place, definitely worth checking out.

BOKEH_BALLS t1_ix2ouq7 wrote

The Eddy, Courtland Club, Royal Bobcat, and the newly arrived Clementine are the best bars in Providence. The Avery uses entirely too much cheap ice in all of their drinks making everything watered down. I asked for a Paper Plane at Needle & Thread and they had no idea wtf it was.

sandsonik t1_ixagbi8 wrote

So now I gotta ask - what is a Paper Plane?

BOKEH_BALLS t1_ixai4lc wrote

It's a modern riff of the classic Last Word:

bourbon 3/4 oz aperol 3/4 oz amaro nonino 3/4 oz lemon juice 3/4 oz

2min2mid t1_ix4jwd2 wrote

Red Door, The Eddy, The Avery

silletta t1_ix5bsy6 wrote

Not a popular one, but I think Layali has the best cocktails of any restaurant in PVD since they make their own infused syrups. Though there’s some strictly bar-only places I haven’t been to yet.

Outrageous_Detail135 t1_ix5mszu wrote

Just another person recommending Red Door. Specifically the Oaxacacillin but everything is delicious

MusicNerdDavid t1_ix7jrqx wrote

I've only been there once but I'll bring it up bc no one has, Jake and Johnny's on Fed Hill is incredible. Zazz is a great bartender, super chill place, connected to Napolitano's pizza for food too

InfiniteChicken t1_ixb0qqy wrote

I heard that Marcellino’s was good, and I finally tried it tonight: quite good, actually, and a little experimental, which was unexpected for a bar attached to the Omni. Slow Rhode also makes good cocktails, in addition to Courtland, Eddy, and the others often mentioned here.

AltruisticBowl4 t1_ixe3tt6 wrote

The Eddy is my pick. Not quite Providence... but Bywater also has killer cocktails. Avery / Glou / Tiny Bar all have ok drinks but they mostly just taste like sweet juice (not a ton of nuance).

Constant_Aspect9955 t1_ixb8bnv wrote

Drink bourbon on the rocks. Forget those stupid bartenders who call themselves mixologists hahahaha!