Submitted by PeachesFromTulsa t3_zj6joo in providence

Hey all, I am taking my work team out for an end-of-year boozy lunch and I have one team member who is still exceptionally Covid-conscious. Are there lunch spots (preferably with a liquor license) that have some sort of outdoor seating/patio that is open in December? Doing my best to accommodate. Thanks!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

cinnabunz t1_izu2ft0 wrote

Nick's on Broadway also has a patio with heaters.

Dry_Faithlessness135 t1_izv1va6 wrote

Seconded. I’ve been to Nicks at various parts of the winter and the outdoor seating is super comfortable. Great drinks. Great food. Excellent staff.

Jumpy_Ring8409 t1_iztx7nn wrote

Blackies in Smithfield. The Patio might be open I would call. Los Andes has an area that is technically outside on a deck area, but it is covered and has heaters.

Both have alcohol

phill0406 t1_izunnz0 wrote

I went to blackies a few weeks ago and the patio was closed. They have zero Covid policy fyi.

bigbutterenergy t1_izxpfjh wrote

blackies?? what the fuck?

Jumpy_Ring8409 t1_izxsljf wrote

????

bigbutterenergy t1_izxte3f wrote

didn’t realize that was the name of a restaurant, it’s a slur.

Jumpy_Ring8409 t1_izxuw5k wrote

Ah got it. Yes I’ve always thought it was a slightly odd name

bigbutterenergy t1_izxypl1 wrote

yeah, that made your comment didn’t make any sense for a second. terrible name for a restaurant, hope they wise up and change it!

taylorx3johnny t1_izujq6b wrote

Talulahs for a laid back vibe, though they only have margaritas

Redditor89171 t1_izz9ta3 wrote

You could transfer to Glou (literally next door to Tallulah's) for cocktails after - it has a huge patio with heaters!

ACs_Grandma t1_izu8ez6 wrote

Waterman Grille on Richmond Street in Providence. They do have a great deck overlooking the water.

gines2634 t1_izuyhjy wrote

Their deck is enclosed during the winter

SeaMonster350 t1_izuw80g wrote

Don't ruin everyone else's time and make them sit outside in December. If they're that covid conscious, they can stay home or wear a mask indoors.

PeachesFromTulsa OP t1_izv2zn8 wrote

A lot of places had heaters and spaces that were comfortable in the colder weather. Just asking if there are any that still exist and it looks like I got a few good suggestions here.

shitpresidente t1_izvft51 wrote

Diego’s in wAyland square. They have a porch with outside heaters.

−1

airforcereserve t1_j04p0oq wrote

Why doesn't this person get the FREE bivalent booster? I only attend events that require proof of all 6 shots.

−1

Interesting_Dot9639 t1_izx7t9b wrote

So everyone has to stand outside in cold bc of this person. Wear mask or don’t come

−4