Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HurricaneCarti t1_iua2x1e wrote

Lived in Cville for 4 years and I really don’t understand the hype, Bodo’s bagels are so painfully mid even Nate’s is better

Here_come_the_123s t1_iua8wwj wrote

Can someone please explain the refusal to toast the bagel? Not trying to start anything but that was the weirdest thing to me. Like yes it’s fresh but bagels are better with a slight crunch?

washuffitzi t1_iuaz3cu wrote

If you've ever been to bodos on the weekend you'd understand. Literally was out there today, line was out the door and past the end of the building into the bushes, yet I was in and out in 20 minutes flat. The bagels are so fresh that they're warm without toasting, and adding a toasting station would destroy the methodology of the business.

Bodos is a lot like chickfila, the food is better than average but what makes it elite is the speed and the service.

UncleMeathands t1_iuavpjr wrote

I’ve never been to Bodo’s and I’m not a local, but I never toast bagels. A fresh bagel has the perfect texture already if it’s made properly

thejynxed t1_iub5u23 wrote

I agree. I like the bagel fresh, warmed, but not toasted.

mmeat1148 t1_iuaqn7s wrote

nates doesn't taste nearly as good as Bodo's and nate's prices are not worth the bagel you get.

HurricaneCarti t1_iuasgt5 wrote

100% accurate that bodo’s prices beat nates any day, but idk bodo’s has never tasted that good to me it’s only been worth it because of the cheap price

washuffitzi t1_iub00zl wrote

Bodos ain't perfect, but a 7/10 bagel with 10/10 speed 10/10 service and 10/10 price is deserving of hype

HurricaneCarti t1_iub9x8b wrote

7/10 bagel is super generous haha but I’m definitely in the minority considering how popular it is in cville