Submitted by eclectic-and-effete t3_10k3km9 in rva

Are there any good spots to get a good breakfast sandwich/bagel/etc. on the go in city center/downtown? I don’t have time most days to eat a sit down breakfast but I’d love a sandwich or something yummy that I could eat on my commute.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DefaultSubsAreTerrib t1_j5o5p0e wrote

seftoncoffeeco.com on 8th between main and franklin

rologies t1_j5s24xs wrote

As much as I love Sefton, can't say I've been impressed with their breakfast sandwiches.

Get your coffee and then go down the street to golden convenience center, greasy goodness, but above that, cafe zata is my favorite. It's a trip across the river but it's damn good, just wear a mask, John's back up and about but he's had a rough time.

sbr___ t1_j5sa18u wrote

Glad to hear John is doing better. I’m a huge Cafe Zata fan and work nearby.

DefaultSubsAreTerrib t1_j5tanf8 wrote

>trip across the river but

I've heard various definitions of 'city center' but that is a stretch :)

rologies t1_j5tdu11 wrote

Hah I know, I just work on 14th and live near the old caravatis so I regularly bike it... Which can be faster than a car most days. Might have a distorted view on travel there 😅

DefaultSubsAreTerrib t1_j5tqg4d wrote

As a fellow bike commuter, I hear that!

Also, I'm totally jealous of crossing a bridge over the river daily. I get to cross a bridge over the interstate, but it's somehow not the same

UnderThenOver t1_j5oc0kv wrote

Kat's Breakfast and Lunch at 701 E. Franklin. Can order on the Toast app and it's ready in less than ten minutes plus the staff is super friendly!

TheBoyLindsay t1_j5oc1fb wrote

KAT'S Breakfast & Lunch at 701 E Franklin St (corner of 7th and Franklin). You have to walk in through the lobby of the building it's in. Good stuff!

eclectic-and-effete OP t1_j5off2s wrote

This is in the ideal spot for my commute, too! Glad to know about this. Thank you!

wahoodan t1_j5oiv0i wrote

Truist's cafe (Meriwether's Market) at their high-rise is open at 8am and does pretty cheap breakfast sandwiches (10th and Main, 3rd floor).

E1M8S4K8F t1_j5o7nxo wrote

Stellas Grocery on Grace St

eclectic-and-effete OP t1_j5o8ogh wrote

I wish they opened earlier! I usually need something I can grab on the way to work/before 8 am. I do love Stella’s.

lycosid t1_j5o8chb wrote

Golden Convenience at 13th and Main started doing breakfast sandwiches and they absolutely hit the spot for me.

PhoenixAshies t1_j5ofyh9 wrote

I noticed a few weeks ago that one of the doors (I think, may be a window) has a big piece of plywood over it. I hope nothing like a break in happened.

Mental-Visual-787 t1_j5pu6r6 wrote

I like the lamplighter. Right off of Cary. They have great coffee and breakfast sandwiches

FiveTicketRide t1_j5qhyca wrote

Greenbrier on Main at VCU has amazing breakfast sandwiches