Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

UHF1211 t1_iwodqwg wrote

grandchester OP t1_iwodxp3 wrote

Thanks!!! The telementry data is very helpful. I was bummed the launch didn't include that. Guess I am spoiled by Space X launches.

w0mbatina t1_iwp3whh wrote

That bothered me as well. Like, why not include it? Also the timeline was shitty as well, it just jumped from one event to the next instead of giving you some sort of progression and feel when things are going to happen.

nachomancandycabbage t1_iwqgs6b wrote

They had some problems with their camera feeds during launch. But I agree that they also missed out on telemetry and the quality of coverage lacked in comparison to the other new space companies. I really hope the next launch will have more polish on it… better coverage and telemetry

wanted_to_upvote t1_iwofed2 wrote

Interesting to notice that the distance from earth is increasing faster than the distance to the moon is decreasing.

Hk-Neowizard t1_iwogcjl wrote

The moon is trying to run away. Understandable, given it's been looking at what we do on earth.

UHF1211 t1_iwol87p wrote

It also has to swing way out in order to turn and catch up with the Moon. Fascinating the trajectory involved with getting it there!

UHF1211 t1_iwodzx3 wrote

It’s sort of what you are looking for. I believe they put up a diagram from time to time showing prox earth/moon but there isn’t really a way to show exact location.

leekee_bum t1_iwojwub wrote

PM_ME_YOUR_REPORT t1_iwoy6xc wrote

Yeah it sucks and doesn't work at all. Just get a slow rotation of the earth when I access it. On two different computers.

James-Lerch t1_iwp57st wrote

Its just like SLS, you have to wait, then wait, then wait some more and it will finally start working. (I wish I were joking)

PM_ME_YOUR_REPORT t1_iwp6vuu wrote

Does it actually work if you wait long enough?

Lanky_Trip6938 t1_iwpcdla wrote

Kinda..? It's laggy as hell but you can get some intel, the position of Orion and 3D renders of the capsle, the Earth and the Moon.

But again, it's barely usable

leekee_bum t1_iwq5lpi wrote

It's awful on my phone but I tried it on my laptop and it worked fine.

Barijazz251 t1_iwopc7c wrote

I'm surprised that the velocity is only 3400 mph. Isn't escape velocity 17,500 mph ?

Limos42 t1_iwor4gu wrote

No. That's (low) orbital velocity. Escape velocity is actually much higher than that.

haruku63 t1_iwot9zo wrote

It is now far from Earth, slowed down all the time by Earth‘s gravity. But at the distance, 3400 mph is still fast enough to escape.

Captain_Nipples t1_iwq70uk wrote

Play some kerbal. As you get farther out in your orbit, you slow down almost to a stop before falling back to Earth

Like throwing a rock into the air. Itll slow down then fall at its peak