Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Poj_qp t1_j7iigvg wrote

After 24 rec/236 yrds, can’t say I’m surprised

TheMisiak t1_j7iije0 wrote

Andy Dalton should buy him a retirement gift like a boat or a car or something. AJ made him soooooo much money.

TheGuyDoug t1_j7ijce7 wrote

Been meaning to sell my Green jersey after I picked up Burrow...but this has me wanting to keep it

SavageNomad6 t1_j7imuba wrote

He was drafted in 2011 and retiring now? That's like.... 3 years ago.

deegethesqueege t1_j7in5zr wrote

What a class act. He was the cool head we needed when plagued with players like Burfict and Pacman Jones.

Chad_Broski_2 t1_j7inkr7 wrote

He's had a lot of injuries and WRs tend to fall off pretty quickly. Honestly not a huge surprise, he's got nothing left to prove and tbh I'm glad he's not gonna risk his life out there for any longer

Remarkable-Ad7490 t1_j7io1rr wrote

I remember the debates about whoses the best wr between him and D Hop

caz_uno t1_j7iofi9 wrote

Hell of a player in his prime.

pdieten t1_j7irje7 wrote

He do what you do. Drive to work, listen to his music, gets caught up in a wire-based headphone situation

wish I could get that out of my head, though if he's retired now it'll be easier

Bradisdad t1_j7iroqi wrote

Come on home to Summerville, AJ

legitocracy t1_j7irses wrote

The bad man is gone

Edit: I think people aren't realizing I said this as a compliment coming from a Ravens fan. Didn't realize this wasn't the NFL sub where I have the flair

Spuddmann1987 t1_j7isfm2 wrote

He's a great WR for sure, but I'd be surprised if he gets into the HOF, not enough post season success and if you look at his numbers, 10k receiving yards and 70 tds, while are without a doubt great, there's many other receivers with similar numbers not in the HOF. Injuries also derailed his career toward the end.

SpoMax t1_j7isfrj wrote

Wait, isn't he playing in the Super Bowl? ...oh, that's AJ Brown! I get those guys mixed up.

−15

Str8_up_Pwnage t1_j7itlvu wrote

Not a Bengals fan but this dude was my 2nd or 3rd round pick in fantasy like 4 years in a row in the 2010s. Awesome, awesome player.

jlaw54 t1_j7j3cj9 wrote

This feels like you didn’t watch 88 play. Also a different era stats wise. And he had to split with 22 and one hell of a TE. Irvin was so good he made Alvin Harper look like an all pro (I’m not knocking Alvin Harper, I love the guy, but 88 made him look like a star).

Praying_Lotus t1_j7j3l2a wrote

Honestly respect to Jalen for somehow pissing him off enough to fight, as AJ has always been the cool headed no matter who he went up against. It was like the the Andre Johnson v. Cortland Finnegan 2.0.

AJ Green was one of the few receivers that didn’t have a big mouth while he played

rusmo t1_j7j3rd8 wrote

Oh, he was fantastic at running routes and catching balls short of the goal line, for sure. AJ (along with 61 other receivers*) just happened to score more TDs.

*Correction: 55 receivers and 6 Tight Ends.

−12

fanime34 t1_j7j6cwo wrote

I think about this and I can't help but wonder how Super Bowl LVI (56) would have been like if he was on the Cincinnati Bengals. But either way, I hope he enjoys his retirement. He had a really good career.

TheDaug t1_j7j99o7 wrote

I'm still mad about him and Stafford beating ASU in 2008. One of the worst losses I've ever attended on one of the hottest and most miserable weather days I've experienced.

Holy hell he was good that game.

Barb_WyRE t1_j7jde4f wrote

I was just thinking to myself that Julio got washed fast, but in reality he was a top receiver for like 9 years lol

I guess that means Roddy White retired like 10 years ago? Geez lol

zodar t1_j7jrbi9 wrote

Whenever people think of the top 2 Bengals receivers all time, they'll think of Green-Johnson.

mellifleur5869 t1_j7k5urk wrote

Ah well. They definitely ain't making it to the playoffs three years in a row now.

Wally_West_ t1_j7kbjoe wrote

1. Pointing out his great character isn't bad, I applaud that. It's the comparison I found unnecessary.

2. AJ Green was drafted before Burfict: Hardly a turning point then. How about they're different players who aren't a product of or a reaction to eachother?

3. What's with the personal attack?

4. I'm fucking delightful at parties, dickface.

−5

PackOfStallions t1_j7kbmqo wrote

AJ Green is just like you; except, he’s in a commercial. Got hands like glue.

uReallyShouldTrustMe t1_j7kdsnf wrote

I was like...didn't this dude finish playing for Georgia just a couple of years ago. Dang I feel old.

bigjoe65 t1_j7kehwn wrote

Not sure how he would be considered forever a great.. this dude never played any games in the last 5 years. I made the mistake of drafting him at least 3 times in FF. Sure he had a couple of great seasons, but forever a great? Nah

−2

edna7987 t1_j7krko6 wrote

The comment was “fuck I’m old” about remembering something that happened in 2010. My point is that this doesn’t make a person old as a 20 year old could easily remember this and they are clearly not old.

−9

Thrawn4191 t1_j7kwmv6 wrote

Idk man I'm a Bengals fan and I don't think he makes the hall. If he hasn't gotten injured and had a couple more good years? Sure. But with 0 first team all pros he's not even the most decorated Bengals receiver much less a Hof lock.

thereverendpuck t1_j7l98g7 wrote

As a Cards fan, glad I got to see him play for us. Sorry the last season was garbage.

a_steph_15 t1_j7l9qe6 wrote

Wish I could say he did, but his legs and ankles were so fucked up from all the hits he took. If he had been healthy then he most definitely would have the one of the best in the league for several more years. He was barely able to make cuts on his routes in his last couple of games.

Eleaine t1_j7lfyxr wrote

As a Texan fan who saw Hop and andre very closely, Julio, Larry, and AB (different kind of receiver) in their prime

Megatron was really something different.

It sounds like I’m being snarky, but truly, a double covered Megatron was a good bet target. A triple covered Mega wasnt insane either.

I remember that 320+ yard game like it was yesterday.

edna7987 t1_j7ln19u wrote

I’m just stating I disagree with their opinion because I think it’s wrong and an annoying common Reddit comment that everyone says “oh I’m so old” now.

Sorry I stated I disagree, I’ll stop having an opinion.

MyMusic2012 t1_j7m09j1 wrote

I dont know, would a player want to retire same yr as Brady? When comes time for Hall Of Fame stuff it will be All Brady.

Chitownitl20 t1_j7m69ww wrote

I remember drafting him his rookie year in the late fantasy rounds. Nobody knew who he was was. This guy easily made me over $3k in profit!

Eastern-Mix9636 t1_j7ncfla wrote

Should be: Thank You, AJ

Why do so many write improperly even in official publication?

fastedzo t1_j7o5cyp wrote

Michael Irvin played in a different era, it’s hard to compare the two. While they had a potent passing attack, the League just was not geared towards offense the way it is now and the passing game. I’m a Steelers fan and have a hell of a lot of respect for AJ Green, I enjoyed rooting against him :-)

Brother_Lou t1_j7obl6y wrote

Ravens fan here. Dude was freakin outstanding. What a great player and person.