Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

spuente1206 t1_j8dt359 wrote

“Affordable” being an subjective measure, here is a tier list of the best “romantic” (also subjective) restaurants in the area:

Low tier (~$10/plate): Bambino’s on Delmar, Nonnas, Greek Belly

Low-mid tier (~$15/plate): Catrinas Mexican, Piccolos, Archie’s Italian Eaterie, Zayka Indian, Civil kitchen, Cafe B-29,

Mid tier (~$20/plate): Bruno’s, The Rock, Rama Thai, Kai after dark, Flame, Habana Vieja (my personal recommendation), The Finely in Ozark,

High tier ($20+/plate): Progress, The Garrison, Finley river farms, Metropolitan Grill, Nicola’s Ristorante, Char, Jimms steakhouse, Gilardis, Harvest restaurant in Rogersville,

No-Policy5641 t1_j8g8uo5 wrote

When people mention Bambino’s on Del Mar as a romantic place to eat it always makes me laugh. I lived near there when I was in college. We’d go during happy hour and drink pitchers of New Castle. Sometimes we paid with change, I’m sure they hated us. I don’t think I actually ate the food until several years later, to me the sauce was pretty bland, but the beer was always good.

spuente1206 t1_j8g93cc wrote

Romance is in the eye of the beholder. Downing pitchers sounds pretty romantic to me

ho1doncaulfield t1_j8f50jd wrote

Habana the place on Commercial? I always wanted to try that. Seems like too fancy to eat at by yourself though 😅

spuente1206 t1_j8fb7bc wrote

It’s fantastic Cuban food, but yes probably not the place for a solo outing

Bootdaddy247 t1_j8hym1p wrote

Go for lunch! It's low key and you definitely wouldn't feel out of place dining solo. The servers are so kind and the food is bombbbbb.

DKBMusic t1_j8zqw55 wrote

This is a great list, but I wouldn't consider these restaurants romantic:

Archie’s Italian Eaterie, Cafe B-29, Rama Thai

rocks66ss t1_j8d1g2d wrote

Piccolo Italian restaurant in nixa

AdeptnessApart7616 t1_j8dzynf wrote

Go just a little further to Hollister. The entire downtown is just as cozy as you please, and the surrounding area is so full of hidden gems it might as well be mined by dwarves. I've reservations tomorrow night at Mr. Gilberti's, which is deceptively nicer, more romantic and ambient than it seems when you read that it's a pizza joint. I get dressed up for it.

420shaken t1_j8d6my9 wrote

Karai is dim lit. Not quite romantic but I would describe it as cozy. Walk out of there for under $40.

petlove499 t1_j8com9f wrote

What range are you thinking when you say affordable? Any of the Johnny Morris restaurants will have very dim romantic lighting, like the Garrison and Buffalo Bar.

ChaoticRainbow73 t1_j8ctx6k wrote

Jimms Steakhouse in Springfield.

Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub (417) 886-5466 https://maps.app.goo.gl/eWTDDcQyvkSNsdWh9?g_st=ic

bobone77 t1_j8faxgd wrote

One of SGF’s most overrated restaurants, imo. I’ve described it as “the poor person’s idea of a fancy restaurant.” The food is overpriced for the quality as well.

Wyldfire2112 t1_j8cxfvm wrote

Seconded.

The food's not as great as it used to be, but we're talking "good" instead of "incredible," and the atmosphere is definitely right.

−1

MinamotoYoritomo t1_j8dgvy3 wrote

Hard to say what is affordable without a budget specified but Avanzare is an atmosphere your describing. Maybe not dim lighting but Cafe Cusco would also be one I'd recommend for a date spot.

BrainElectrical995 t1_j8duwnv wrote

Zayka and Nonna’s. I haven’t been to nonnas in probably 15 years though so take that with a grain of salt, but I remember it being kinda sophisticated and dim and they had a live guitarist

Dust209 OP t1_j8dz8gh wrote

I think we might be going with Zayka since it is affordable and nice. Thank you! 😊

BrainElectrical995 t1_j8dzhc1 wrote

Great choice, it’s my favorite place in springfield for a nice dinner!!

DKBMusic t1_j8zr93u wrote

Nakato is the best of those three, but none of those are romantic, unless your idea of romanticism is sharing a table with a family with three kids under 7 years old.

[deleted] t1_j8cgyet wrote

[deleted]

Dust209 OP t1_j8ch3ag wrote

Thank you!

Wyldfire2112 t1_j8cxdt9 wrote

Food is great at Koriya, but I wouldn't really consider it romantic. It's got a bit too much of a "fast food" vibe.

justinhawk08 t1_j8dzxn1 wrote

I like koriya as well. They seem very well priced for quality food. Like someone else said its not very “romantic” but I still like the atmosphere.

dickcheesemcgoo t1_j8diny0 wrote

Harvest or Progress its a little pricey but for what you get I'd say affordable. It's very good food.

bradleysballs t1_j8e0cjb wrote

I second this. everything I've had at Progress has been second-to-none and would hold up in a bigger city

Small-Fondant7011 t1_j8drvhg wrote

Farmers Gastropub, Piccolo, Cafe Cusco, Vineyard Market

[deleted] t1_j8dn80y wrote

fire and ice is really nice imo

gohomechal t1_j8f6m27 wrote

whatever you do, don’t go to whiskey tango

Miserable_Figure7876 t1_j8g5ses wrote

What happened to Whiskey Tango? They used to be dimly lit and OK, but the last time I was there was before COVID.