Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

petlove499 t1_j8com9f wrote

What range are you thinking when you say affordable? Any of the Johnny Morris restaurants will have very dim romantic lighting, like the Garrison and Buffalo Bar.

rocks66ss t1_j8d1g2d wrote

Piccolo Italian restaurant in nixa

420shaken t1_j8d6my9 wrote

Karai is dim lit. Not quite romantic but I would describe it as cozy. Walk out of there for under $40.

MinamotoYoritomo t1_j8dgvy3 wrote

Hard to say what is affordable without a budget specified but Avanzare is an atmosphere your describing. Maybe not dim lighting but Cafe Cusco would also be one I'd recommend for a date spot.

dickcheesemcgoo t1_j8diny0 wrote

Harvest or Progress its a little pricey but for what you get I'd say affordable. It's very good food.

[deleted] t1_j8dn80y wrote

fire and ice is really nice imo

spuente1206 t1_j8dt359 wrote

“Affordable” being an subjective measure, here is a tier list of the best “romantic” (also subjective) restaurants in the area:

Low tier (~$10/plate): Bambino’s on Delmar, Nonnas, Greek Belly

Low-mid tier (~$15/plate): Catrinas Mexican, Piccolos, Archie’s Italian Eaterie, Zayka Indian, Civil kitchen, Cafe B-29,

Mid tier (~$20/plate): Bruno’s, The Rock, Rama Thai, Kai after dark, Flame, Habana Vieja (my personal recommendation), The Finely in Ozark,

High tier ($20+/plate): Progress, The Garrison, Finley river farms, Metropolitan Grill, Nicola’s Ristorante, Char, Jimms steakhouse, Gilardis, Harvest restaurant in Rogersville,

BrainElectrical995 t1_j8duwnv wrote

Zayka and Nonna’s. I haven’t been to nonnas in probably 15 years though so take that with a grain of salt, but I remember it being kinda sophisticated and dim and they had a live guitarist

AdeptnessApart7616 t1_j8dzynf wrote

Go just a little further to Hollister. The entire downtown is just as cozy as you please, and the surrounding area is so full of hidden gems it might as well be mined by dwarves. I've reservations tomorrow night at Mr. Gilberti's, which is deceptively nicer, more romantic and ambient than it seems when you read that it's a pizza joint. I get dressed up for it.

gohomechal t1_j8f6m27 wrote

whatever you do, don’t go to whiskey tango

No-Policy5641 t1_j8g8uo5 wrote

When people mention Bambino’s on Del Mar as a romantic place to eat it always makes me laugh. I lived near there when I was in college. We’d go during happy hour and drink pitchers of New Castle. Sometimes we paid with change, I’m sure they hated us. I don’t think I actually ate the food until several years later, to me the sauce was pretty bland, but the beer was always good.

DKBMusic t1_j8zr93u wrote

Nakato is the best of those three, but none of those are romantic, unless your idea of romanticism is sharing a table with a family with three kids under 7 years old.