Submitted by Calm-Hovercraft9858 t3_z5hizo in television

I think the worst TV network currently has to be Nickelodeon. Hate their shows, hate their commercials they run on that channel, hate everything about their ambition. Just a terrible all around horrible and trashy network with unfunny and poorly written shows now. They used to have classic shows like All That and ICarly but after ICarly ended its original run the entire network went to trash. What is the worst TV network in your opinion?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_ixw35kv wrote

[deleted]

KingEuronIIIGreyjoy t1_ixw8wm5 wrote

Hard to dispute that one. Throw in OANN and Newsmax as well.

dolaction t1_ixwp5ux wrote

Watched Newsmax for 90 seconds, the first commercial was for a Trump coloring book. Shameless doesn't even begin to describe it.

Xemone t1_ixw4s5r wrote

TLC. It's 24 hours of boring trash that is specifically designed to be boring trash.

NGNSteveTheSamurai t1_ixwcquh wrote

No you aged out of a channel that is meant for children with different tastes.

bob1689321 t1_iy1k6jb wrote

For real I only clicked this post to see if anyone called OP out for his bizarre opinion. Like bruh it's literally a children's TV channel.

Battlescarred98 t1_ixw3u43 wrote

Comedy Central is quite a misnomer these days.

unperavique t1_ixwac4u wrote

I saw an ad on comedy central recently for their weekday lineup, which is Seinfeld and The Office. Doesn’t matter what new stuff they put out, it’s not going to do better than two network TV shows whose heyday is long past.

humanpneuman t1_iy0gizp wrote

It's like MTV, there's no actual comedy on Comedy Central anymore except for maybe South Park.

Wadep00l t1_ixware6 wrote

Bring back Detroiters you cowards :(

RedditUser123234 t1_ixwcsd4 wrote

The CW

It’s known so much as a bad network, that when a new show comes out that looks cheap, people will say it looks like a CW show.

MoreThanAFeeling1976 t1_ixwi4um wrote

The first two seasons of Arrow, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and Legends of Tomorrow are way better than anything produced by christian or news channels. Hell I would rather watch Riverdale and Batwoman.

Forsaken_Tip_596 t1_ixwnwdt wrote

This time next year The CW network probably won’t even be here thanks to Nextar. They’ve already cancelled 14+ series and counting this year. Which is sad because I really liked their programming from the other big 4 networks

MoreThanAFeeling1976 t1_ixworng wrote

Yeah I heard the news. They might not have always made great stuff but they ironically carried DC during a period where their movies were really bad. RIP.

redavid t1_ixw5ib8 wrote

i don't think anything has been worse for the country than CNN / Fox News / MSNBC.

otherwise, there's a lot of networks that i think are filled with useless or boring programming, but some people seem to get value out of most of them so why would i care when i can just as easily ignore them myself. i, too, think the programming on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel pales in comparison to what they had in my childhood, but i'm a 34 year old man now and my 7 year old nephew seems to like what they're offering

Huplescat22 t1_ixxsihc wrote

One of those is not like the others.

redavid t1_ixyo3p3 wrote

oh, the three are pretty much the same, though at least Fox has realized the last president is a loser (just look at those midterm results) and has stopped giving him quite so much attention

−3

Interesting_Soil2 t1_ixwd9oq wrote

CBS News app is ok for some straight news.

−1

crudedrawer t1_ixxs1lb wrote

24 hour news was a mistake tho. Having to fill all that time and turn a profit was a disastrous model.

kevn57 t1_ixwfdzs wrote

QVC, any of the News channels which aren't news just opinion, CBN.

Mikethebest78 t1_ixy09b0 wrote

It is a close contest between the History Channel and TLC. The winner would have to be TLC used to be fun and interesting and have really cool programs about science but when it made the switch to reality TV in an attempt to boast ratings most of the other networks followed.

Sure there are bad things about Discovery and History but Pawn Stars, Ax Men and Ice Road truckers would never have been a thing unless TLC proved it could be profitable. And as much as I hate History Channel programming 95% of the time at least they never pitched Toddlers and Tiaras as a concept.

Seriously anyone who pitched the concept of T&Ts never needs to be in charge of producing a television show ever again.

Totalretcon t1_ixxrf1r wrote

TLC and it's not even close.

tomservo88 t1_ixw83x5 wrote

Pick a satellite/rabbit-ear TV channel, any one will do (unless it’s MeTV.)

KumagawaUshio t1_ixwkdk6 wrote

All the broadcast and cable channels have become crap because their owners are all focused on streaming which while it is the future is also a massive blackhole of money.

The channel owners complain about cable cutting as they themselves kill their own channels by depriving them of content.

Nobodycares2022 t1_ixwh7i7 wrote

Right now I could think of several that it could be: Fox News, ABC, NewsMax, E, MTV

DJC_Kowalski t1_ixyxehw wrote

Any of the former "Educational Channels". History Channel, Science Channel, TLC, etc. They all had their original programming replaced with trash reality shows. In fact, I'd argue that naming Good TV networks would take less time than naming all the terrible TV networks now that Cable/Satellite is basically dead.

PAUMiklo t1_ixzfz2t wrote

MTV.

I dont have cable but i cannot recall the last time i came across that channel in the wild and it wasn't some terrible reality show.

ClipClipClip99 t1_iy87zap wrote

MTV or as I call it the ridiculousness channel

jogoso2014 t1_ixwfdgp wrote

The one I watch the least of is NBC

I don’t have cable anymore so it’s hard to say what is worst passed the main networks for me.

cathrine22 t1_iycnfbo wrote

IFC used to put on really great sometimes weird films and now its nearly all re-runs of shows and average movies.

KittysMenopause t1_ixx0649 wrote

CNN

A channel run by fantasists for fantasists. No wonder it's dying.

−3