Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MarvelsGrantMan136 OP t1_j5a91ht wrote

Honorable Mentions:

• Nico Parker - The Last of Us
  • Bruce Greenwood - The Resident
  • Brian Dietzen and Katrina Law - NCIS

ahintoflime t1_j5ad3ra wrote

The Traitors rules. Good old fashioned paranoia and backstabbing in a beautiful Scottish castle. Alan Cumming is goofy as hell as the host, clearly having a ball.

Gay-lawyer t1_j5ahmoy wrote

Ever since someone said when he says dollars he sounds like moira rose I can’t unhear it. However he is a fucking great host

Samuwheel t1_j5anhd6 wrote

The chosen thumbnail has me thinking about floop all over again

Stink_Snake t1_j5bfr53 wrote

I can’t read “Murdered” without hearing it in his voice. The Traitors is the perfect sampler of all the vain dramatic people from other reality shows in a format that I can enjoy. This show can’t cost that much so hopefully we get another season soon.

HorseGirl666 t1_j5bg45r wrote

I just watched Eyes Wide Shut for the first time last night and finally saw Alan Cumming give the most incredible one-scene performance ever committed to film.

Josie and the Pussycats is also unfairly overlooked imo and worth a revisit if you're a fan of his.

AurelianoTampa t1_j5bhlqz wrote

I'll admit, I've only seen Alan Cummings in a few things, but he's always a hoot. Loved him in "Reefer Madness" and he was enjoyable in "Schmigadoon!" too. Haven't had much of a read on Traitors, but I may need to check it out!

degggendorf t1_j5bk6q8 wrote

It was 100% not for me. There's so much of that trumped up reality show interpersonal drama that I couldn't take it. I thought that between Alan (whom I adore) and the game competition stuff (which I generally like, as in Taskmaster) I would enjoy it, but hoo boy, not at all. The cutaways to the individual interview parts were constant and painful. To me. Others really love it so ymmv.

If you do want an extra dose of Cumming, check out "Miriam and Alan: Lost in Scotland" a short travel series with him and Miriam Margolyes whom you may recognize from Harry Potter (or elsewhere, I don't know you). I found it very charming, endearing, cozy, and enjoyable.

Comedyfish_reddit t1_j5bkuwd wrote

My friend (Sam) did the music for this and weirdly another friend was at a party with Alan Cummins a few weeks ago (in QLD)

I was like huh! 2 people I know connected to Alan Cummins - I guess it’s not that a big a thing in the context of the world but made me raise my left eyebrow a smidge!

Lancashire2020 t1_j5bm89i wrote

I got hooked on the version they did here in the UK a few weeks back and then got really excited when I saw there was now a US version, but I really wasn't a fan of the way they translated the concept. It's honestly really bizarre how toned-up and American TV everything is despite the format and location being the same, Alan Cumming is fine (love the outfits) but the contestants were incredibly irritating and made me stop after about twenty-odd minutes.

I was especially not into them bringing in existing reality TV stars (wasn't familiar with any of them so I didn't have the benefit of recognising and liking them going in) and the fact that the tasks are exactly the same was kind of the nail in the coffin for me.

I will say I'm obviously not the target audience as an English person. It very much feels like the intention is for the show to be geared towards the country each version is made for and you're not really supposed to jump between them because you start seeing repeated tasks and whatnot, and the general vibe of the contestants can be jarring if you're not from that country, especially in this case.

It is a great format, though! Watching the UK version was edge-of-the-seat stuff, which was new for me as someone who usually isn't a fan of reality stuff at all, it felt like the best aspects of early big brother combined with Cluedo.

ahintoflime t1_j5bnd9j wrote

If you haven't, you might prefer the UK version. There's no reality-tv-celebs, it's much more low key and nice towards the beginning. Although both shows become equally tumultuous in a very personal/emotional way eventually. That said Alan Cumming is not the host of the UK version.

Ssssgatk t1_j5bp3rq wrote

His accent is awful !! He’s hammed up his Scottish accent and it sways between Mrs Doubtfire and Victor Mildrew - he can’t keep in character.

Don’t come at me with hate - I am Scottish and know he is Scottish but he’s faking a Scottish accent and it’s awful

BKAFC t1_j5brg7k wrote

I’d definitely recommend the Australian version, no celebs just normal people and some excellent gameplay.

I found it on par with if not better than the UK version (whilst I really liked the UK version, the poor faithful were annoyingly dense!).

armchairwarrior69 t1_j5c4iyj wrote

Okay, reddit cut out the title and I just got

"Alan cummin in"

And I thought, he seems very procreate-y doesn't he.

−2

Bippy73 t1_j5can2i wrote

Love him in anything he does. So great in the Good wife, too

Look_Alive t1_j5cgvm0 wrote

> (wasn't familiar with any of them so I didn't have the benefit of recognising and liking them going in)

The production company said that they wanted to see if anyone benefited or suffered from the reputation they already had when going into the show. As someone from the UK, that was lost on me, although some things were brought up at roundtables where it was clear certain contestants had done duplicitous things in the past on other shows - it was still enjoyable enough, with a couple of shocks and some tension, but not a patch on the British one.

ahintoflime t1_j5ci3po wrote

Yeah I think she did great! But I don't think many americans would know who she is. Alan Cumming seems to be the invitation to watch the show for a lot of people. And he is hosting the show in a much hammier way which some people might love some might hate lol.

42kyokai t1_j5d2x1h wrote

I'm not so sure I want to watch Alan Cumming in the traitors.

Lujho t1_j5dq4fz wrote

This picture looks like he’s playing every single Batman villain in one.

Anxious_Original_766 t1_j5e8acx wrote

That’s my face when I silently fart and am waiting for the chaos to start

omaten2015 t1_j65txgi wrote

I feel like an idiot because I watched the entire season and not til just now did I find out the host wasn't Pee Wee Herman!!! Am I probably the only one? Lol I thought he was just putting on a great accent. I don't know what else Alan Cumming has been in so wouldn't have known until I just read an article about him lol and I'm like wait what Pee Wee Herman is British huh?! Lol only to discover oh wait Paul Reuebens is Pee Wee haha