Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Bada__Ping t1_j6drw5h wrote

Hey guys did you hear that?! The ghost train guy would have used a ghost train!

KipBong-un t1_j6dlgvt wrote

Noob-Noob's actions at the end of 'First Love' make him like the anti-Justin.

kia75 t1_j6haawf wrote

Huh, I didn't like it because IMO, it "redeemed" Rick too much in the episode. The Rick and Morty episode was about how even though Rick was powerful, he was still a jerk, and in his jerkiness he did destroy something flawed, but good (the Vindicators). Here we see that the Vindicators actually were phonies, genocidal monsters, and horrible people. Rick destroying them is actually a good thing. Which is just justification for Rick being such an asshole in the Vindicators episode.

These episodes didn't add to the story, they took something away from the story.

Tlou3please t1_j6hlfjp wrote

How did I not know about this?

RealJohnGillman OP t1_j6hm2zv wrote

It was announced relatively quietly, and released similarly as such, all on the one day (the 23rd of July, 2022). There is also an anime series in development (following the previous five short films), currently set to come out this year (2023).

zachtheperson t1_j6gyre3 wrote

The end of First Love still kills me 😂

LF000000 t1_j6fx18p wrote

!remindme 4 days

ArchDucky t1_j6icm3g wrote

Now I know what im watching on my lunch break today.

[deleted] t1_j6g2p2b wrote

[removed]

−12

RandoStonian t1_j6g816d wrote

>especially if Justin Roiland is found not guilty

The domestic violence stuff seems to be just the tip of the iceberg re: why he's seeing so much backlash.

When the DV stuff started coming out, some younger girls started coming forth with some reaaaaal questionable 'I'm drunk and you're jailbait' PMs on twitter going back years from the dude that seem to have been more-or-less confirmed as legit.

It's pretty ick.

semiomni t1_j6g58s4 wrote

>Two wrongs don't make a right, but

But you'd like them to? Because Chris Browns awful fan base stood by him you'd love to emulate that?

TwoCats_OneMan t1_j6g5gkh wrote

It's just more that Chris Brown's music is, and always has been terrible. Justin Roiland at least has been consistently putting out quality material since House of Cosbys.

−9

semiomni t1_j6g5uwg wrote

Oh, one of them has enough talent to get a pass on terrible behavior is the point.

That's not better, are you gonna clarify into something even worse now?

Realshow t1_j6g7vrq wrote

> Hopefully Adult Swim comes around, especially if Justin Roiland is found not guilty, and rehires him.

Nah having him record dialogue behind bars is where it’s at.

jackolantern_ t1_j6drrmq wrote

Is it as bad as Rick and Morty gets?

−82

RealJohnGillman OP t1_j6dtzs1 wrote

It is surprisingly melancholic (in the sense of feeling sorry for the characters, which is the intent).

jackolantern_ t1_j6dvoi4 wrote

Yeah, but is the writing an improvement over rick and Morty?

−59

yawgmoft t1_j6eur7i wrote

Hey everyone gets it, you don't like Rick and Morty and you're very cool

jackolantern_ t1_j6evphi wrote

What a childish response. I feel Rick and Morty dropped in quality and I wanted to find out if this show is better.

I get it you love rick and Morty and are so cool and don't like it when people have different opinions to you.

−47

yawgmoft t1_j6ewddv wrote

Oh wow you copied my joke. Only someone who realizes how badly Rick and Morty is written could regurgitate a joke as well as you did.

jackolantern_ t1_j6eww8v wrote

Dude it's just different preferences chill out. Also, it doesn't help your case, because I didn't realise you intended that as a joke. Ideally, jokes should have some level of humour.

I've never claimed superiority to people who love rick and Morty. You're having ago at an enemy that doesn't exist lmao, it just don't love the show.

It's okay for people to have different tastes. It's not a personal attack.

−16

yawgmoft t1_j6ex717 wrote

Jokes should have some level of humor? What are you, some kind of genius? Have you told the writers of Rick and Morty how to fix their show with your amazing advice that jokes should have humor in them?

jackolantern_ t1_j6f0s6e wrote

Jesus, you really don't like it when someone has a different opinion to you. It's fucking sad mate.

−10

Opening_Joke_My_Life t1_j6ifi32 wrote

You realize no one truly gives a shit if you like Rick and Morty or not? But you've been condescending this entire time. Maybe that's what they're calling you out for? Your vernacular tells us you think you're superior. Hate Rick and Morty all you want but you can drop the pretentious and stop pretending this is what it's about.

buttflakes123 t1_j6f5xpe wrote

What don't you like about it, out of curiosity?

robreddity t1_j6hvus4 wrote

Your question will get no substantive response.

buttflakes123 t1_j6j6ktp wrote

Well that sucks. I honestly don't love the community the show has spawned but I feel like the writing is just fine and occasionally really good. It's cool to not like something but I hate when people make definitive statements like that.

RealJohnGillman OP t1_j6dwj1f wrote

I’d say so, technically — it’s a very different tone from the main series, and one would wish the episodes were a bit longer than they are, but I would still recommend it to watch.

ashums28 t1_j6f92dn wrote

You are so cool for not liking Rick and Morty. Thanks for letting us know, your opinion is so important!

Fuzzikopf t1_j6fbk4y wrote

I mean, I get their point tbh.
Rick and Morty has some great episodes, but some really terrible ones as well. It's very hit or miss IMO.

robreddity t1_j6hw1q8 wrote

> but some really terrible ones as well.

Name twelve.

−4