Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gossamerfae t1_j4vvha6 wrote

if she isn't spayed then she shouldn't be outside? this stuff is what happens when unspayed dogs are left outside alone. if she's being unspayed for breeding then why was she outside alone

run_build t1_j4wcozu wrote

He thinks the dog peed everywhere, you really think he knows that she’s in heat? 😂

gossamerfae t1_j4wcum7 wrote

he mentioned in the post that she was in heat. but yes that was definitely not pee

Strong0toLight1 t1_j4vi8tz wrote

Yep certainly piss 💯

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4vitgu wrote

thank god...

−18

Wiseguy9894 t1_j4w36aq wrote

Sounds like you're a little naive about animal breeding. They were 'stuck' because they were mating. That wasn't piss.

Vast_Reflection t1_j4vr0ii wrote

No purebred puppies for you! 🤣

Sounds like after she gives birth you should probably spay her because this will keep happening.

savagewolf666 t1_j4vi8mc wrote

Wtf did you make me read first thing in the morning

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4vij1p wrote

this happened to me first thing in the morning... i'm still trying to process it honestly.

essieroxs t1_j4vkbot wrote

Males bulbous glandis swells during mating preventing them from pulling apart quickly, this helps sperm get to the location it needs to in order to make puppies ! Congrats on being a grandad soon

JustWingIt0707 t1_j4virr9 wrote

You were not the person who fucked up here. You had a knowledge gap.

All you can do is try to calm the dogs down. You shouldn't try to separate them. You could hurt one or both dogs.

If anyone fucked up here, it is the person responsible for your dog not being spayed.

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4vj2r1 wrote

she was a pure bred blue heeler and around here they are popular dogs so my dad wanted to breed her

−32

JeffrotheDude t1_j4weiqs wrote

I feel bad for the puppies if this is how your dad already treats the mom

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4wlg49 wrote

we have had the same thing happen twice before and took care of the litters

−14

Broodlurker t1_j4wpdv2 wrote

If at first you don't succeed...

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4wpmdy wrote

well i mean one was a stray we took in and the other was our dog that found a way out the yard. so not really

−1

ESGPandepic t1_j4wrplg wrote

It happened twice before and your dad still wasn't smart enough to figure out that if he wants to breed her he needs to keep her away from all other dogs (and obviously not out in your yard) when she's in heat?

Having an airsoft gun near the door as a way to stop her getting pregnant is the dumbest, most braindead solution you could possibly have dreamed up. Not to mention it being cruel and having the possibility to hurt your own dog.

blondeauraa t1_j4wf50d wrote

No purebred pups for you, that also wasn’t urine. Has your dog been taken to the vet? When dogs are mating they are literally stuck to one another until it is done, the dog breaking away over the fence and her “popping” off could’ve damaged her insides. May want her looked at.

Justwannaread3 t1_j4vi6vs wrote

Get the poor girl spayed.

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4vimo5 wrote

my dad wanted to breed her eventually cause she was a pure bred.

−45

MarsRocks97 t1_j4vq2ib wrote

She’s not gonna be putting out purebred puppies that’s for sure

Korvacs t1_j4wfsil wrote

It's not OPs fault if their Dad didn't get the dog spayed, why downvote this?

Fapple_ t1_j4wksne wrote

Because the dog community likes to be angry at irrational things.

Slash_Raptor92 t1_j4vy81g wrote

If you don't want puppies, spay or fix your dogs so they can't go into heat.

OrangeSpiceNinja t1_j4vifho wrote

Always remember to have cold water handy if you have a dog in heat, from what I've heard. Throw it on the male dog and it should make the knot go down instantly

Enginerdad t1_j4wc49f wrote

It doesn't make his knot go down instantly, it just makes him panic and rip it out which can be damaging for both dogs.

redrumlyrium t1_j4w8m1q wrote

I’m not going to touch on the health aspect in this comment, but I do strongly encourage you to look up information regarding local animal welfare ordinances. You are not a legal adult, but it is always a good idea to educate yourself on ordinances and animal welfare. Just as a friendly heads up: in some cities/towns, there are laws prohibiting a female dog being unattended/without supervision outside during her heat cycle and can lead to citations and tickets.

TrashBoyGold t1_j4wf2ev wrote

Please do not breed your dog. You clearly can’t even take care of the one you have… imagine having to take care of puppies.

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4wlm3j wrote

i have taken care of 2 litters of puppies and they all have homes now

−1

Broodlurker t1_j4wpo9q wrote

Accidentally getting pregnant, birthing a child, then successfully putting your child up for adoption does not make you a good parent.

Being able to deal with the consequences of poor pet parenting does not make you a good pet parent.

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4wq1aq wrote

tf? you want to take care of eight dogs?

and one of the litters were from a stray we took in and the other was from our old dog getting out.

−2

Broodlurker t1_j4wqn7x wrote

I understand that you're a minor and not the culprit in this scenario - my comment is not stating that giving dogs away for adoption is bad; In this case, it sounds like the correct course of action.

My comment was referencing the poor state of care that lead to a purebred dog being left unattended and having an unintentional pregnancy because of this. The fact that this situation occurred is the indicator that your father is likely not a good pick to be a pet owner.

usda-approvedshit t1_j4wm8zw wrote

Once she has had the litter and you've gotten rid of the puppies, she needs to be spayed. This is only going to happen again, especially if she is not kept under supervision when outside. Tell your dad that. Repeat it: she will only continue getting pregnant if she is not spayed.

Any dog in heat, should not be outside unless supervised.

I get that you're a minor and not knowledgeable on the situation, but I would encourage you to do the research to understand heat cycles, the mating process, and canine pregnancy - since your dad is a dumbass.

Breeding her is called backyard breeding and is an unethical practice that results in many shelter dogs and dogs with behavioral issues. Owners shouldn't breed the dogs they purchase unless they go through their breeder to do so.

It doesn't sound like your dad is responsible enough to do that.

gossamerfae t1_j4wrfca wrote

yeah, this is just going to lead to a lot of puppies being abandoned/sent to shelters/abused or worse

Economics_Troll t1_j4wmdln wrote

Anyone want to wager a guess what OP's dad will do to puppies if they aren't purebred that could stem from this incident? Especially considering OP and OP's dad thinks shooting unwelcome dogs with an airsoft gun is totally normal?

Yeah. GTFO here with this backyard breeding crap.

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4wmtui wrote

1: where i'm from it's more common to shoot unwelcomed dogs with real guns.

2: we will take care of the puppies and find them a home like we did with a pregnant stray and our old dog.

−2

Veeluongx t1_j4wjq1r wrote

Did you get her the dog version of the morning after pill at the vet because I think it's like about a 80% chance she will get pregnant? Because I had to do this when my sisters young female dog got humped by her dad.

Vast_Reflection t1_j4wsb20 wrote

I didn’t know they had a dog Plan B? Is it widely available?

TaylorjRenwick t1_j4wooe8 wrote

How are none of you in the comments bringing up the fact this psycho said he keeps an airsoft gun by the door to shoot dogs with? OP please spend some time learning about responsible pet ownership and treatment of animals or if you're not willing to do that surrender your dog to a no-kill shelter.

FrivolousGhost1230 t1_j4wp8i0 wrote

i'm not sure you understand... we shoot little plastic bb's at a dog cause it's fucking our dog, and you think it's wrong, but you will put a collar that shocks your dog for barking?

−1

TaylorjRenwick t1_j4wpma6 wrote

You leave your dog outside unattended irresponsibly and then you solve that problem by shooting and harming other animals instead of watching your own.

And for the record, NO, I wouldn't put a shock collar on a dog. That's horrible too. No idea why you'd assume I'd be cool with that.

RockyJayyy t1_j4wluqg wrote

I saw this happen to my neighbors dog when I was a child and I couldn't help but laugh. They were stuck together for like an hour too.

Swedenesebishhh69 t1_j4wmclh wrote

so just letting them separate naturally is the safest for both animals???

Malevolent_Mangoes t1_j4wrem7 wrote

Wtf don’t shoot dogs. You guys shouldn’t even have an animal if you think shooting one, even if it’s with an air soft gun, is an appropriate and humane thing to do. Keep your dog inside when it’s in heat and you won’t have to shoot a dog. I mean holy shit.

JayMeadows t1_j4wfua0 wrote

What a great story to start my morning.

ashoka_akira t1_j4wst8t wrote

If your dad wants to sell purebred puppies he needs to be a bit more informed about how to prevent situations like this one. The fact he left you supervising this dog and the only instructions given to you was to use a BB gun any approaching animals was stupid AND negligent. Your father is a dumbass.

nailgun198 t1_j4wtsfl wrote

Tell your parents so they can spay/abort the puppies. We don't need any more mix puppies in the world.

moe_frohger t1_j4weao6 wrote

A little cold water goes a long way

−4

blondeauraa t1_j4wfkx0 wrote

If you want to severely damage both dogs then yeah.