Submitted by Zwillium t3_yrnwyz in washingtondc

A couple years ago, I responded on a whim to a post for some folks looking for a Thanksgiving dinner.

Instead of taking them out to dinner, I hosted a Thanksgiving meal with 5 strangers in my apartment and it ended up being a magical evening.

So let's do it again!

If you're traveling/new to the city/lonely and don't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, I'll *cook you a meal with all the fixings - Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, desserts, drinks - the whole nine yards.

My apartment is by the Southwest Waterfront metro. Specific time TBD, but it will be Thanksgiving day, some time late-ish afternoon.

My apartment can reasonably hold 8-12, so DM me if you would like to come (or reply here saying you'd like to come and I'll DM you) and we can get the Thanksgiving party started. Any exchange of money is not allowed.

(*Food will probably be made by the professionals at Whole Foods, but I'll warm it up and pretend I made the whole thing.)

EDIT - I can accommodate vegetarians/vegans. I picked up some vegan turkey last time and it was a hit with the one vegan!

EDIT2 - 3 4 spots claimed, so this is definitely happening!

EDIT3 - 7 9 folks so far, still have room for a few more :)

EDIT4 - Room for one more! I'm going to cap this at 12. I'll re-open the post with any cancellations, but we're up to 11 folks now.

EDIT5 - Thanks for all the interest, we're at 12! I did have a handful of "maybes", so am still taking people if they are OK going on the wait list.

EDIT6 (Nov 14) - I still have 3 "maybes", so it's possible a slot (or two) will open up. There's no one on the wait list right now, so send me a DM and I can hopefully get you added!

EDIT7 (Thanksgiving Day, 10:20 AM) - I had some last minute COVID cancellations. I've worked my way through the waiting list. I still have one open slot. Please DM me if you'd like to come!

Comments