Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ellivretaw1 t1_j5mfrkp wrote

I’d walk like a block or two to your right when you get outside and get an Uber there. I’ve done it at that time of night with no issues but it’s easier to get away from the long line of cars and generally sketchy crowd of people.

Reasons2BCheerfulPt1 t1_j5mhpx4 wrote

There is no way I would be walking any distance from Union Station after 11 PM. Wait for a taxi immediately in front of the station.

Right_Issue_4677 t1_j5mld9f wrote

Got dropped off a bus there at 2am one time good bit of homeless and sketchiness. Be smart don’t make eye contact keep your chest up you’ll be fine.

quooooon t1_j5mo0xj wrote

You can call an Uber right to the station, or walk a block or so east and get one for cheaper. If you walk a block or so down F and it's safe and gonna be a cheaper Uber. If you feel more safe in front of the station, that's all good too.

Never taken the taxi from there tho.

ViperHU OP t1_j5mofzj wrote

Thanks everyone for the input! I feel well-prepared :)

35chambers t1_j5mpizq wrote

Why would there be safety concerns?

−9

veloharris t1_j5ms95h wrote

Go to the taxi stand it's cheaper and safer.

any_old_usernam t1_j5muh8t wrote

Depending on where you're going, the metro might be of use, you don't even have to leave the building to get to it.

corndogblaster t1_j5mvar5 wrote

I’ve arrived at union station around this time and later. Some homeless people accost travelers immediately as they leave the building, one woman got in my face and called me a bitch. But it’s overall fine. Just don’t make eye contact and keep walking.

Best bet is to take a taxi as there are usually a bunch waiting and the Uber area is backed up/expensive. I wish they would station a police officer in this area to act as a buffer. But still, I don’t really consider this area dangerous. There are usually plenty of people outside waiting.

theftnssgrmpcrtst t1_j5myt13 wrote

I always call my Ubers/Lyfts to the back of the station near the bus terminal. Way cheaper and gets you out of there faster.

swampoodler t1_j5mzhr1 wrote

Best bet is to walk over to the Irish pub, have a pint, and get a ride from there a couple hours later.

CriticalStrawberry t1_j5mzlge wrote

Walk to the taxi stand, get a cab. Much cheaper and quicker than uber.

zaydia t1_j5neivw wrote

Ubers skyrocket as soon as the train pulls in. I’ve seen one go from $20 to get home when we are 10 min out to over $70 as the train pulled in. Better to wait 20 minutes or walk to the Irish pub and get one there.