Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

anna_pescova t1_j2ekukm wrote

India receives more foreign aid ($4.2B) from the West than any country in the world (mostly from Germany and Japan). Something is wrong!

−72

Ceratisa t1_j2epynj wrote

India really cozying up to dictators.

−58

GoneSilent t1_j2ex9ur wrote

How about a glass factory for these war torn countries?

biggKIDD0 t1_j2exm1n wrote

this world is going places my friend im telling you, honestly for all our bluffs about us being superior against nature we are deceiving ourselves as we are doing so many mistakes that even children won't...

we all have very unique hearts but instead of solving the problem in our way we, just try to stay the same and preserve status quo or fight each other over and get drowned in stimulation and simulation or noise there is almost no place for human heart and peaceable opinions, in our leaderships... almost.

Startrail_wanderer t1_j2eypn1 wrote

How about extremist Hindu Government supports muslim majority dictator and helps in building their nation with their seditious agenda through scholarships and jobs

FFS I can't still believe that any positive story is spun as a negative one by reddit diplomats

urumipayattu t1_j2ez47r wrote

I am finding it really amusing how people from the west aren't able to digest the fact that nations in the east have the spine to stand up for themselves.

barath_s t1_j2f0znv wrote

> Our consistent view in this regard has been that distribution of humanitarian assistance to Syrians, whether by crossline or cross-border mechanism, should be guided by needs-based assessments and not political motivations. Humanitarian assistance cannot be a matter of political expediency," she added..

RazorBlade9x t1_j2f8jal wrote

The unquestionable faith some people have on their government and the media is quite astounding. Now, I can't say for sure whether he used chemical weapons, but from past experiences, it's imperative to say that any narrative coming out of the US government needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

The US government and media have been using the same old playbook of slapping human rights accusations, WMDs, chemical weapons, genocide etc. on countries it wants to toe their line.

Maybe you should also try to check what Assad has to say about it in his interviews. Just get the views from both sides.

Last time I checked there were women walking on the streets of Damascus without forced veils and without accompanied by a male. By removing Assad from Syria (one of the few secular ME countries) you're probably gonna bring ISIS there. Then it will become Afghanistan 2.0 but with much more deadlier ISIS.

VersusYYC t1_j2ffhqn wrote

If you can't trust a highly corrupt dictator to spend money wisely who else can you trust?

Mecha-Dave t1_j2fgu9o wrote

India really doing a good job supporting fascist and oppressive governments lately. This isn't the side you want to be on, guys....

wired1984 t1_j2fje3p wrote

Seems dumb to build this infrastructure in a war zone

−5

Pale-Dot-3868 t1_j2flne2 wrote

They’ll probably take that money and turn it into a Captagon drug manufacturing plant.

Mecha-Dave t1_j2frkqc wrote

It's a civil war, my dude, the government has been bombing anywhere there's resistance.

There was another nuclear reactor that was breeding fissile material that was destroyed by the Israeli air force.

Joudco's steel plant specifically was destroyed by the regime because "rebels" were "hiding" there.

Broadpup653547 t1_j2frpyi wrote

I'm not even sure why India is bothering. Syria is about to be invaded by Turkey to cull the Kurdish presence in the area, just in time for Erdogan's approval rating to shoot back up before the election. Any money sunk into Syria right now will burn in the upcoming war.

creamyvegeta t1_j2fwxqi wrote

Pakistan is so much closer why not ask them?/s

−14