Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Ambient-Shrieking t1_iyf8k3p wrote

Be brave, talk about it. Find someone who's trustworthy and dependable who can help you learn to slowly expand your comfort zone.

Changes take time, and it's natural to not care about things you're not invested in. If you don't spend your time socializing or working or giving yourself a sense of direction, then you'll naturally be somewhat bad at those things, and it's always frustrating to be bad at things.

I understand that this is a big mental barrier to overcome, so big in fact that it's like a mountain and it seems immoveable, but it's actually quite moveable. A mountain is moved one stone at a time. Even if you can only remove one stone from the mountain a month at first, that's progress, that's moving forward, that's growth. Compare that to what the future becomes if you continue giving up and believing you're not worth the effort it takes or that you're somehow less capable than others, and it's fairly evident that you're comparing a stagnating life to one that's starting to bloom.

Familiar_Finish1488 OP t1_iyfa3lz wrote

Ok great advice… but tbh it’s hard to compare a physical issue with an abstract mental issue. You can measure and know exactly how much time it will take for you to move that mountain stone by stone… cause you can physically see the problem and do calculations and estimate when it will be fixed for good. But this is a very abstract intangible issue and it’s full of uncertainty if I knew exactly how much time it takes for me to fix this I would motivate myself to do so… but i can’t just rely on hope cause hope is blind and fickle. I know many people rely on that and works for them but I’m not faithful person. Moving a mountain seems way easier and attainable than what I’m experiencing

GodlordHerus t1_iyf85bm wrote

Listen to their bodies desire

Familiar_Finish1488 OP t1_iyf87eg wrote

So dyinh

GodlordHerus t1_iyf9vw2 wrote

Recently had a long discussion with a relative about Canada's new policy around "self ending".

Ultimately came to the conclusion that it's up to the person if they have exhausted all other alternatives and it's not just a brief psychological/emotional reaction

If you really feel like that and live in Canada you can start the process. If not then maybe sit down and first see if you have tried everything. Then go out and get a second opinion, third, fourth until you have exhausted all possible logical reasons not to

Then if you really do still want to, the choice is and always has been yours

doowgad1 t1_iyf8i22 wrote

See a therapist.

weaintfancy42069 t1_iyf8r9e wrote

Make your body perfect

Familiar_Finish1488 OP t1_iyf8z0d wrote

Tried it… it’s a painfully shallow and obsessive experience cause nothing is perfect

weaintfancy42069 t1_iyf98sq wrote

Not actually perfect. Just get it attractive looking and maintain it

Familiar_Finish1488 OP t1_iyfb85w wrote

I mean I just cringe at that… attractiveness will only last a few years until I have to rely on steroids to keep that physique… cause muscles and bones will get brittle… and also face will get full of wrinkles unless I want to look like plastic ken which is scary… I understand people like aesthetics and stuff I have in the past.. but then you are like “what’s the point of this? My body will decompose and none of this will matter and why should I want people to praise and validate me only because of my aesthetics? Isn’t it sad and banal desire?”

weaintfancy42069 t1_iyfbt3p wrote

You can do it all naturally and it isn’t really about looks. When your body is in great shape, your mind follows and your life becomes better and you want to do more things in life.

nishan_alfred t1_iyf9hn5 wrote

See a therapist. Sounds like depression. Do the basic things go be healthy (eat right, sleep well exercise, be in nature, meditate, check vitamins) force yourself to do the basics for a couple of months and see what happens.