Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gglidd t1_itqxcsa wrote

Bob's extremely tall

DungareeManSkedaddle t1_itqzp1y wrote

And good looking

bmcmillan534 t1_itr09ie wrote

His commercials haven't helped at all. Not sure what the CT GOP thinks will win, but his campaign has sucked

DungareeManSkedaddle t1_itr177q wrote

> Not sure what the CT GOP thinks will win

“I’m not a democrat.”

bmcmillan534 t1_itr6j8x wrote

My property taxes have increased! Although my property is now worth 150k more!

0cclumency t1_itri5wv wrote

And we’re gonna blame Ned for that!! Even though property taxes are set by the cities and not a direct result of anything the Governor does!

SophonBarrier t1_itsp9ex wrote

You can't honestly expect the people who vote GOP to understand this, right? It's a bit too much for them to process. They're the same people who blame the president on gas prices.

Aphroditaeum t1_ittgixs wrote

The Current Republican voters are not the sharpest knives in the drawer and that’s been the key to the whole GOP platform.

blkbkrider t1_itrc8ez wrote

That's going to be all it takes for a lot of people

Kodiak01 t1_itr59ki wrote

And going to lose by 20 points in November.

btmc t1_itrqjtt wrote

Do not get complacent. A big lead can evaporate if everyone assumes it's a done deal, and a lot of other races in the state are much closer than this one.

eresho t1_itqtrac wrote

Lamont is popular. It will be very hard for Stefanowski to beat him. I think the only democrat who could have problems this year is Hayes. But I can’t find any recent polls on her race.

G3Saint t1_itr59b9 wrote

Recent tv news reported a toss up. edit- pertains to Logan Hayes race. as reported this week.

EarthExile t1_itruvjz wrote

I wonder whether these projections account for the influence of armed Republican terrorists lurking near ballot boxes

eresho t1_itr64qw wrote

Probably not a good sign for democrats in general

jgjgleason t1_itsw9k7 wrote

To be fair that is only based on the recent shift in GCB polling. I don't think anyone has run a district-level poll in CT-5 for months.

OmegaBean t1_itrmiiv wrote

Any media which is dependent on ad revenue has a vested interest in making the race appear more competitive than it actually is. Not saying it’s a lock for Lamont by any means, but an 11 point edge in a state with a popular governor doesn’t get views.

Phantastic_Elastic t1_itqv9px wrote

Bob could have spent all that money on hookers and blow, and instead he spent it on CT media ad buys :D You love to see it

GoOnNoMeatNoPudding t1_itraz9t wrote

Yes. He spent money on ridiculous ads.

“Welcome to Connecticut. That’s what the sign says!”

Can’t forget about that cringe advertisement with his adult aged daughters talking to him on the couch.

evilmonkey002 t1_ittb0sb wrote

As cringe as Bob’s ads are, I’ll take them any day of the week compared to what I’ve seen in other states this cycle. I spent two weeks in Wisconsin and the non-stop deluge of of dishonest, offensive (and honestly racist ads) I saw from Republicans there was stomach turning. Made me realize just how good we have it being forced to watch Bob’s weak and kinda dorky ads.

roshmatic t1_itservh wrote

New poll shows I still don’t trust polls. VOTE

lokitdwn t1_itqtajv wrote

Bob's got him right where he wants him. /s

0cclumency t1_itri1k2 wrote

Oh yeah, I forgot there was a 3rd guy running. Will he get a participation sticker or something?

nofishontuesday2 t1_itu454o wrote

No, but he’ll siphon votes from unhappy Dems.

Hopefully enough to flip CT to Republican

−17

LightningBirdsAreGo t1_ituas63 wrote

Maybe but most dems are pretty satisfied with lamont. I understand you have your point of view and you would prefer a Republican governor but I can’t see it happening because of disillusioned democrats voting Republican.

nofishontuesday2 t1_itujefv wrote

I actually don’t have an issue with Lamont. However, I do have a HUGE issue with the Democratic Party as a whole. The Democrats need to cut the cancer out of themselves in order to save themselves from people such as myself who will vote strictly on party lines in order to get them out of power.

−3

usmercenary t1_ituop4s wrote

Do you feel the same way about the republican party?

LightningBirdsAreGo t1_itujn3i wrote

“ Cut the cancer out? “ Could you be more specific please?

nofishontuesday2 t1_itumvfe wrote

Yes, it’s quite obvious. It’s called shifting blame. It’s been a Democrat tactic since the party has become this leftist propaganda machine.

−1

LightningBirdsAreGo t1_ituw27p wrote

Please give me a specific example not something equally vague. I’m actually interested in what you’re talking about. What cancer are you referring to? What examples of shifting blame are you referring to? Who is shifting blame? Where is the blame being being shifted to? Where do you think the blame for this specific thing belongs? If you are hoping to convince people you need to be specific. I’m open minded to new info but it can’t be general. Thank you.

nofishontuesday2 t1_ituxl2d wrote

Jesus Christ, are you serious?

Just turn on any news source. The January 6th nonsense. The covid crisis, the list hoes on and on over the bullshit that the left projects on the right and center voting people.

I’ve got better things to do than argue this obvious topic.

Hope the weather is good in China. You should go for a walk and clear your mind of the bullshit that’s in it.

−1

LightningBirdsAreGo t1_ituz9ac wrote

As per your request the weather for Beijing, China today is 63F/17C mostly cloudy.

[deleted] t1_ittreug wrote

My only solace to the rest of the country going insane is that Connecticut is a sanctuary for the sane. Let the rest of it burn, as long as CT doesn’t go bat shit and start electing Trumpanzees, I might survive.

LightningBirdsAreGo t1_itub0ku wrote

Let it burn? Being the last to burn means we still burn. I say we keep Connecticut and do what we can to push back against the crazys.

SophonBarrier t1_itsp4af wrote

Well his opponent whole campaign is all about " at least I'm not a dem" and "vote for me since I'm Republican". Not a lot to be proud of there

FishingNo8650 t1_itsi34y wrote

I'm not a fan of Lamont, but the fact that he's only 11 points ahead of Bob is ridiculous. Every time he opens his mouth it's either to say some bullshit about the police, or to come up with false crime statistics. Bro is a joke.

EarthExile t1_itvzdc7 wrote

The leaders are just a summary of the voters. Bob is what Republicans are and want. They're fucking terrible, stupid people

jackandjerry t1_itse611 wrote

Only 11? Wtf is wrong with people

notibanix t1_itsr9y2 wrote

Contrary to popular belief, CT being a “liberal” state does not mean we are overwhelmingly Democrat. It’s more like 60-40.

pyscoanalytical t1_ittegwp wrote

Ned is so bad, nobody in my family is voting for him this year.

−16

[deleted] t1_ituiz83 wrote

[deleted]

pyscoanalytical t1_ituu9ui wrote

Lol no like my mom and dad and brother had all voted for him in the past, but the economy is so bad this year that they will be doing otherwise.

−1

Giants6 t1_itsuhru wrote

Nice Ned will turn Ct in California.

gone_p0stal t1_ituxosz wrote

Wow! You mean to say he's going to turn us into a state that has a self contained GDP bigger than most countries with a thriving tech sector, high standards of living and a thriving tourist economy? All that and they continue to be a net contributor to federal social security rather than a red state drain?

Amazing! Sign me up!

Giants6 t1_itwzw9q wrote

California use to be the American dream. Now a crime ridden, taxed to death, homeless shelter. Take a look at how many celebrities couldn't take it anymore and left.

[deleted] t1_itvyml0 wrote

[removed]

−1

gone_p0stal t1_itw9u5l wrote

I mean all of those things are demonstrably true.

The other things that are true are obviously traffic issues and homelessness as well as air quality. Of course in the cities there is also rent affordability and highly inflated land values. That doesn't diminish the fact that cali is an economic epicenter of the United states and produces exorbitant amounts of food and tech that the rest of the country depends on.

Many of the challenges facing California are not California issues but issues endemic to large, sprawling urban metropolises like LA and San Fran. Some are environmental - the mild climate attracts homeless people from seeing the country because the winters are very forgiving. And some issues, like pollution are man made side effects of heavy industry.

I'm not saying we should be California, but there are plenty of laudable things about California. It's insane to me that i even have to make that distinction when the state is so obviously integral to the functional American economy.

nofishontuesday2 t1_itu3z8j wrote

I’m seeing a lot of those Bob signs out there. I’m thinking it’s going to be closer than everyone thinks it’s going to be.

AdHistorical7107 t1_itucsda wrote

This reminds me if 2016. And the democrats failures to address this sooner is bothersome to me. GOP has gotten a lot of momentum. Unfortunately their lies and deceit are being absorbed by their followers, and no one is questioning their solutions. In my district, they are pushing on rising crime and parental rights. Yet they have no solutions, but people are biting and getting hooked. It's scary...

nofishontuesday2 t1_ituk1yw wrote

You see, these “lies and deceits” I’m just not seeing. What I am seeing is a bunch of brainwashed supporters screaming things like you’re claiming.

Look at the mess that’s been created by the Dems in only 2 years. I fail to see anything to support the claim of “lies and deceits” that you claim the Republican Party is doing. I do however see it in the Democratic Party.

The propaganda you push is just like Germany did, just like what Russia does and every fascist regime has in history. People are starting to realize this.

−2

AdHistorical7107 t1_ituk96s wrote

Roflmao!!!! Omg. I'm surprised it took three paragraphs to get to the nazi reference lol.

I needed a good chuckle. Thank you.

nofishontuesday2 t1_itumy51 wrote

You’re welcome. How’s the weather in China today?

Dank_Bonkripper78_ t1_itv03me wrote

Friendly reminder to not put too much weight into any singular poll. Best practice is to look at the aggregate to determine the state of any one race

Giants6 t1_iu9r9de wrote

Cool let's raise taxes. Support our illegals.

hwheels24 t1_itt1vo0 wrote

*king Lamont. I didn’t realize emergency powers were democratic. Because y’all want to save democracy, right?

−10

Jaymoacp t1_its8242 wrote

Connecticut is definitely the Cali of the east coast. Everyone pretends they love it but in reality it kinda sucks. The left can keep it. It’ll keep them out of a state where their vote might matter.

On the other hand, let’s keep the right in CT too, it’ll keep them out of a state where their vote might also matter. Lol.

−19

pyscoanalytical t1_ittekim wrote

Lol couldn't have said it better, but yeah that's why I'm moving to a normal red state like Florida when I'm older.

−3

Xyldarran t1_ittp3nx wrote

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. When that state is underwater in 20 years no coming back either.

AJH05004 t1_itug11t wrote

Because when I think of normal states I think of Florida.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Man

WikiSummarizerBot t1_itug2j5 wrote

Florida Man

>Florida Man is an Internet meme first popularized in 2013, referring to an alleged prevalence of male persons performing irrational or absurd actions in the US state of Florida. Internet users typically submit links to news stories and articles about unusual or strange crimes and other events occurring in Florida, with stories' headlines often beginning with "Florida Man. . ".

^([ )^(F.A.Q)^( | )^(Opt Out)^( | )^(Opt Out Of Subreddit)^( | )^(GitHub)^( ] Downvote to remove | v1.5)

ReferenceUnusual t1_itqurbf wrote

Make Connecticut great again

−62

_xXmyusernameXx_ t1_itr3kyh wrote

We could if you and everyone like you would just leave.

ReferenceUnusual t1_itr73h5 wrote

So you vile creatures can continue unhindered in pushing your secret curriculum on our vulnerable youth 🤔

−60

_xXmyusernameXx_ t1_itrg4y1 wrote

Holy shit, you are so brainwashed you barely even have coherent thoughts anymore. You need serious help.

ReferenceUnusual t1_itrmnpc wrote

Yeah just like the totally capable and coherent dementia paitent you voted into the white house

−25

FirmlyThatGuy t1_itrngic wrote

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

The irony of Trumpers saying Biden isn’t coherent after 4 years of quotes like that is delicious.

ReferenceUnusual t1_its3eya wrote

Biden finishes reading his teleprompter shakes the hands of his deceased voters

−1

_xXmyusernameXx_ t1_itrtygg wrote

So you admit that Biden won the 2020 election and is indeed the legitimate president of the United States?

And are you also saying, since you seem to think Biden has dementia, which he does not, that you have the mental capacity of a dementia patient?

FirmlyThatGuy t1_itrj7gf wrote

If real life Democrats were half as capable as the people Republicans have in their heads we wouldn’t be circling the drain as a country.

I wish the Democrats were what you claim they are; would be fantastic.

EarthExile t1_itrv4qh wrote

To the fascist, the enemy is always too strong and too weak. Clever and cunning, and stupid. All-powerful, but easily defeated.

Republicans are perfectly at ease with Doublethink. Catching them in apparent contradictions is meaningless.

[deleted] t1_itrop30 wrote

Can confirm. Teach in CT and spend each day indoctrinating kids against the GOP. It’s like I have thousands of votes!

EarthExile t1_itrv8xe wrote

Teaching kids to read probably counts as anti-Republican activism on a long timeline.

mkt853 t1_itrm01t wrote

Forget secret curriculum, I'm just hoping for at least one litter box and stripper pole in every classroom!

maybe_little_pinch t1_its9130 wrote

I would have done my homework more if a reward was time on a pole. It's fun as hell!

volanger t1_itr3kp4 wrote

Keep Connecticut great by voting in democrats and not fascist conservatives and America hating Republicans

[deleted] t1_itsri1j wrote

Waiting for it. Let the red wave fly.

−3