Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

xxarcticxx t1_j6zh7m1 wrote

not sure about “best” Thai food but Bailey Thai is great and so is Thai Orchid in Cranston.

middlenamedavid t1_j70brg9 wrote

Such a great spot, the menu is excellent and well priced. The staff are also very sweet

waninggib t1_j6zrsir wrote

I used to live in Cranston and always intended to try them but never have. Thanks for reminding me!

SpaghettiHeadie t1_j71qzuz wrote

Add Thai Star to the Cranston list! Also fantastic along with the other two

Status_Silver_5114 t1_j6zgawz wrote

Heng on Angell has a small “street food” menu but really good pad Thai and massaman curry.

farfromjordan t1_j6zzqi1 wrote

During lockdown, in a to-go order they gave us a medium sized mason jar of peanut sauce when we ordered extra, ill forever love Heng

red__tide t1_j706h64 wrote

Green Basil in North Providence!!

appslap t1_j6zs0ds wrote

Thongs and Corner Thai in Westerly are pretty good. Aroy just over the boarder into CT is my fave though.

joltingjoey t1_j71m0s5 wrote

Thong has been a fave for the past 5 years or so, but their portions have really shrunk recently. I often pass by Aroy and it always seems deserted. Will have to give it a try based on this rec.

appslap t1_j71ysfn wrote

Aroy is typically a takeout place, not normally sit down. Don't let that deter you.

Thongs wings are fireeee, and their lunch portions are kinda small but the best deal out there for price. I dont have an issue with their dinner sizes. A normal noodle/rice dish plus 1 app can be 2 meals every time for my wife, and almost 2 for me.

joltingjoey t1_j7241kg wrote

Their menu looks great and prices seem reasonable. Will try. Thanks!

xchucklesx13 t1_j6zzg5n wrote

I love Sa-Tang in Wakefield. Right near the Mews

pineyfusion t1_j755emh wrote

Sa-Tang is my personal fave. Only downside is that they don't do Pho but the curries are awesome

HalfMeow t1_j706j0g wrote

Green Basil on Mineral Springs for sure. Husband and I drive like forty minutes each way to go there every few months.

beauford3641 t1_j71vrqn wrote

I work fairly close to that place. It's consistently excellent.

liliumsuperstar t1_j7094rq wrote

We second Green Basil and the one at URI but also really like Khao San in EP.

BradleyVan t1_j6zmwjh wrote

I like Thai Star on Chalkstone

emd3737 t1_j71dbem wrote

Me too! Small and seemingly family run, great food, I once got coconut juice when I ate in and it was divine.

Wonderful_Ad_7235 t1_j6zn84b wrote

Champa on Hope. Laotian/Thai. https://richampa.com

dewbietreats t1_j700vwi wrote

Siam Square in Middletown is INCREDIBLE!

PumpkinBubbly8869 t1_j71n6kk wrote

This is the Thai place my family bases our judgment of all Thai places on. Haven’t found one yet we consider better than Siam square.

beauford3641 t1_j71vtkb wrote

Absolutely it is! Some of the best drunken noodles I've ever had.

ceramicferns220 t1_j708qbz wrote

I’ve heard a lot of people say Thai orchid but I was underwhelmed there even though the owners are incredible. I really liked Vatsana in pawtuxet village but have only been once!

Riff_Raff66 t1_j70yl3k wrote

Thai excursion is very good. Thai owned and operated

ajtorres228 t1_j6zvw4v wrote

Thai Orchid. Owners are incredibly nice people and the food is fantastic.

GossamerGlenn t1_j72o2c1 wrote

Don’t know many but the best in westerly is Thai corner. Whatever the thing they make with pumpkin in it is incredible. Any place that offers pad ke mao works for me

[deleted] OP t1_j6zcrbq wrote

[deleted]

waninggib t1_j6zdxsp wrote

Used to be bomb when I lived on Hope around 2015 but started going downhill shortly after. Haven’t been back in a really long time.

Hdale803 t1_j6zfakl wrote

The one in south providence is a million times better

shortys7777 t1_j6zteer wrote

Funny. I got it to go with my wife a few years ago and thought the same thing. Woof. Never again. We do get the one off Elmwood when we pass by the area. Still solid. I always did like gourmet house on hope better than the aspara there anyways.

Puzzleheaded-Map1792 t1_j73o6zr wrote

Gourmet House on Hope right next to Apsara. Not sure of the whole story but something about the owner or partial owner sold his piece of Apsara and opened Gourmet House.

Heddlok t1_j6zm7dr wrote

Personally I like Thai Best in Narragansett or Thai Star in Cranston

gammarayblu t1_j70awyp wrote

i’ve probably tried every thai place in RI and so far Bailee thai has been the most authentic

AlphaCad t1_j733agn wrote

Thai Excursion in Warwick is my favorite. Luk Thai in Wakefield was delicious as well (haven’t been in a few years) and is BYOB!

SolidDecent2259 t1_j74bbo6 wrote

Vatsana Thai and sushi in pawtuxet village 🔥🔥

ynwp t1_j71zfww wrote

Kai Mook looks good. Never heard of it. What are your favorite dishes?

waninggib t1_j720s8v wrote

I grew up in a town nearby there which is how I know it. I’ve tried their crispy tofu, crispy spring rolls, garden salad w peanut dressing (super underrated and refreshing!), Hot Basil Noodle, Yellow Curry, Pineapple Fried Rice (probably the best I’ve had anywhere), Drunken Noodles & Pad Thai. I recommend them all! They are very vegan friendly as well even though their menu doesn’t quite reflect that, and can make pretty much anything vegan by request which can be hard to find with Thai food specifically.

Fetacheesed t1_j73vio4 wrote

Na Pha opened fairly recently in Middletown and I think it overtakes both Siam Square in curry and Thai Cuisine in noodles.

NashiraTremont t1_j74a9b7 wrote

Rim Nahm in Cranston. Tiny place, but their food is fantastic!

waninggib t1_j74d6yo wrote

Now that you mention it, that used to be my go to spot when I went to JWU way back when. It’s so cozy inside and their food is bomb. Thank you for reminding me!

EDIT: Def ordered from them tonight

noungning t1_j74g1fe wrote

Last Thai we had was Lim's, and it's pretty good. If you want Thai/Lao food.​ Haus​ de​ ​la​ Vie​ or Bangkok Republik.

spaceclutch3 t1_j6zno6g wrote

Check In Thai - Middleborough, Mass.

maybebullshitmaybe t1_j6zyugd wrote

I also am a connoisseur of fine tai dining. 😂 If its not in Thailand or Mainland just expect ok. I agree with the person who said Bailey isn't bad

dollrussian t1_j777i32 wrote

I don’t know but nobody here makes the peanut butter sauce… you know which one

TwistyReptile80 t1_j72of0r wrote

1. Thai Fighter
  2. Thai one on
  3. Hen Thai

P.S. These places are not real but if you think they should be we should be friends.

altybe55 t1_j72m4ch wrote

Vohns in Bellingham is 10x better than Thai Pepper.

−3

waninggib t1_j72n8kj wrote

Thanks for this very helpful response.

altybe55 t1_j72rcue wrote

You're welcome since you are clueless about good Thai food.

−3

waninggib t1_j72tfr1 wrote

I didn’t ask “which Thai restaurant in Massachusetts is better than my favorite Thai place in MA” though. Would be cool if you could answer my actual question, but you obviously just came here to be a dick.

altybe55 t1_j72upbk wrote

Well pretty stupid to ask for the best place in Rhode Island and comparing to a Mass place, no? Do you think the people in RI know what Thai Pepper is? Why even mention it? So you can choose to be remain ignorant or try Vohn's and realize I was correct about it being much better. Either way I don't give a shit about where you buy your Thai food.

−2

waninggib t1_j72whbv wrote

Yet you came here and left multiple comments anyway. Big “I don’t care” energy 😂

altybe55 t1_j72y97c wrote

Yep. Trying to make you less ignorant. When you rate Thai Pepper so highly it shows food quality ignorance.

altybe55 t1_j72ywmv wrote

And I've lived in Thailand so my opinion is worth significantly more than yours on where to get good Thai food.

−1