Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NativeMasshole t1_j7bazqu wrote

You don't want a Wegmans in the city? A Hannaford? Or another Market Basket?

You don't want to upgrade the fast food scene to something better than Popeye's?

You don't think we need a Costco? We need a Costco, damnit!

KadenKraw t1_j7bgsuc wrote

> You don't want to upgrade the fast food scene to something better than Popeye's?

What fastfood are we missing. We have like every chain even the rarer chick fil a. I guess we don't have sonic but they aren't as common up north.

CoolAbdul t1_j7bxyhs wrote

New England is notorious for being a fast food wasteland.

DGBD t1_j7d2lhg wrote

IMO that's largely because New England has a decent scene of locally-owned places. Most towns have an independent pizza place, for example, while in other parts of the country you're lucky if there's a Pizza Hut or Domino's.

Would much rather have fewer fast food choices but better local choices than vice versa.

AceOfTheSwords t1_j7c8bxe wrote

Really the only fast food we don't have here that I've had anywhere else in New England and would maybe like is a Sonic, but it's far from the highest priority.

Honestly I've never cared about the fancy supermarkets. Even when I've lived somewhere that had them, I shopped elsewhere.

Costco I can get behind though, whether in Worcester proper or a town over. It's ridiculous that we have to drive an hour to get to one.

Patient_Customer9827 t1_j7beyrc wrote

What fast food do you even want?

I don’t shop at club stores so I could care less about a Costco.

MB Shrewsbury is a 5-10 minute drive and on the bus line. Wegmans is a short drive and super overrated. Hannaford is fine but you’re not really missing anything as someone who has shopped there before.

All of these things rank levels below affordable housing for people and better infrastructure/transportation. I don’t have kids but I’d rate the requests above about children’s activities ahead of corporations.

I personally drive 13 minutes to Oxford MB and do some local shopping at Maker to Main.

KadenKraw t1_j7bgztr wrote

Costco would be nice none nearby and Bjs are all 20+ minutes.

You might not use club stores but they are great savings for families.

CoolAbdul t1_j7by3wt wrote

> and Bjs are all 20+ minutes.

that's what your mom says

KadenKraw t1_j7c12ch wrote

Good my mom taught me to always put 100% in anything you do.

Patient_Customer9827 t1_j7ck6vs wrote

Fair. Though I do live 10 minutes from the Auburn one and 18 from Northboro. There was a Sam’s Club in Worcester but it wasn’t profitable for them. I’m guessing there was a high demand for it.