Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wwwdotdogsdotcom t1_ixz5ccb wrote

Noona’s and Paulie Gee’s.

I was so unimpressed with JBGB’s pizza. It was just OK.

kiarrith t1_ixzarpd wrote

noonas is my current favorite, so good!!

jwseagles t1_iy0oydj wrote

While they may not have the greatest pizza in the city, I do still love JBGB’s because on top of the solid pizza, they they have plenty of other options that are all great from what I’ve tried. Awesome drink program too.

chalks777 t1_ixz9kk7 wrote

Yep, agreed on JBGB. I was hoping for top tier pizza given their pricing, but it's just... medium.

[deleted] t1_ixz9tr4 wrote

[deleted]

−1

player_9 t1_ixzd82c wrote

John Brown has 2 locations, 1 in the city and 1 in the county. That makes you sound like the idiot. Take a deep breath, you sound pretty wound up, we’re just discussing a butcher, christ.

[deleted] t1_ixzdqw9 wrote

[deleted]

player_9 t1_ixzf108 wrote

The city address is here, not sure what else to tell you. Happy holidays.

2600 N. Howard Street Baltimore, MD 21218

[deleted] t1_ixzfmsy wrote

[deleted]

−1

Ok_Ad8609 t1_ixzhsu4 wrote

Okay, you’re officially being a bully/jerk at this point, regardless of the original point.

player_9 t1_ixzhhio wrote

I don’t understand what you’re confused about?

narwhalDavidson t1_ixzoq4c wrote

Just tried JBGB. their crust was dry and tasteless, like eating burnt toast. Will have to give these a try

pandacorn t1_iy2tkl5 wrote

Paulie gees doesn't do wood fired anymore. They have the ovens but haven't used them since the pandemic for some reason.

hartwerger t1_ixzfxvn wrote

Hersh’s Hersh’s Hersh’s we eat pizza there and order some to freeze for later!!! Also, extra bonus pts for amazing appetizers!

cattimusrex t1_ixzy2xi wrote

Ok. So. I lived a block from Hersch's for a decade, and imho, their handmade pasta outshines their pizza 100%. Tasty pizza with good toppings, for sure, but reallllly soggy middles.

bvzxh t1_ixzpsd8 wrote

Is that the place that doesnt slice their pizza because “thats how Cesar ate it”?

cdbloosh t1_iy03fwh wrote

Yes, which is admittedly dumb, but you can just ask them to slice it and they will

bvzxh t1_iy09hug wrote

Gotcha! Yeah I went there a few years ago and admittedly was so annoyed we were given a butter knife with an uncut pizza. The flavors were really good tho, and good to know you can ask.

gaytee t1_iy0fjan wrote

I can’t be the only one that wouldn’t really be bothered if they mentioned it in the restaurant and I was like “okay sliced please”, but reading it online is just like….why be so annoying, if your food is good, you don’t need gimmicks like that.

jwseagles t1_iy0lpbq wrote

Not sure if gimmick is the word for it. They don’t slice pizza in Italy so them doing Neapolitan pizza unsliced is pretty reasonable.

Spaceghostster t1_iy1gm8k wrote

Also, not cutting the pizza helps it absorb as it cools so it doesn't get soggy

biophazer242 t1_ixzbdtk wrote

My personal go to for small wood fired pizza with top shelf ingredients is Verde. You pay for it for sure but so worth it.

Thats_inzain t1_ixzh97r wrote

Paulie Gee’s in Hampden. They only do wood fired on Wednesdays and you have to eat in (no takeout), but pizzas are two for one.

hyperr129 OP t1_ixzhyid wrote

Dang. So if we wanted to go tonight(Sunday) there wouldn’t be any pizza?

threedaysatsea t1_ixzj6x3 wrote

There is pizza, but it's not wood-fired; they have deck ovens for not-Wednesdays.

Old_girl90 t1_ixzj6lz wrote

Arthouse in Hampden

good_fox_bad_wolf t1_iy0f3it wrote

Every time I've walked by recently they look closed - I've been worried they shut down.

Old_girl90 t1_iy0fmc9 wrote

No, they are definitely open! We’ve ordered many pies from them during covid (pick-up) and been back to the restaurant after they reopened for in-door dining 5pm till 10ish I believe

Floss_tycoon t1_ixzmi0c wrote

Try Joe Squared. Coal fired but definitely has the charred crust.

gaytee t1_iy0flvh wrote

JS is underrated pie for sure.

Floss_tycoon t1_iy0yk9t wrote

It's good but like everything else it's become hella expensive. Oddly, the best thing there is the risotto.

Twoweekswithpay t1_iy26jw6 wrote

Just ate there the other night. Was in the area and heard that was a good spot. Had their supreme and it was delicious! Love the square pie & square-cut pieces.

player_9 t1_ixz13m0 wrote

Pauly Gee, Hampden

JBGB, Remington

RoenTan t1_ixz6eyi wrote

Paul’s gee has been going down hill

[deleted] t1_ixz9og3 wrote

Paulie Gee’s only does wood fired some days. They changed it up during Covid

BrassUnion t1_ixzd00y wrote

Specifically Wednesdays. Also, eat-in only Wednesdays, no carry-out. Worth it, though.

0mondo t1_iy0gfvv wrote

Verde, Noona’s, Paulie Gees, Johnny Rad’s, Hersh’s!

M31550 t1_iy11q1m wrote

Verde in canton is excellent

aflacks t1_ixzgqzl wrote

Verde and Paulie

Extension_Aside9034 t1_iy00qua wrote

Birrotecca - interesting toppings, charred crust & other good things on the menu.

Lots of parking too!

_The_Bear t1_iy1rl44 wrote

Love birrotecca. I forget what it's called but they do a pizza with pork belly and hot honey that is incredible.

terpmd05 t1_ixz9bga wrote

Not wood but Coal Fire in hunt valley is solid.

gbe28 t1_iy05a9c wrote

Agreed. Great option if not trying make an event out of it…quick, reasonably priced and friendly service. Bonus points for having a very serviceable separate bar area.

jzal8 t1_iy0kli9 wrote

Verde for sure

falls t1_ixz1bct wrote

JBGB's in Remington has done excellent wood fired pizzas

jhopsecrets t1_ixzk7we wrote

Tiny Brick Oven in Fed Hill!

Mr_Face_Man t1_iy02wym wrote

Verde in Canton. Neapolitan style

ClusterFugazi t1_iy0irz3 wrote

JBGB’s across the street from the Ottobar. I had it recently and the crust was charred. Damn good pizza.

conval3sce t1_iy1q0i9 wrote

Not in the area but well worth the drive - Frank Pepe’s in Bethesda. It’s a Connecticut establishment that recently opened the MD location. Would HIGHLY recommend. There’s also one that recently opened in Alexandria!

conval3sce t1_iy1q962 wrote

A more helpful local answer would be Verde or Paulie Gee’s — sorry! I just love to plug Frank’s whenever possible haha

AdFar2507 t1_iy1y1vv wrote

Only lived in canton/hoghlandtown area but Verde has a wood oven 800° thats pretty dope even compared to ny original Lombardis (some are even better)

lieutenantstoner t1_ixzh1v1 wrote

Well Crafted RIP

Old_girl90 t1_iy104cg wrote

Oh darn!! Their pizza was one of my favorite, too bad

neutronicus t1_iy0chtb wrote

Wait, the one at Union Collective?

I just ate there like three weeks ago

Lava_Bear t1_iy1gabe wrote

Wood fired pizza? How is pizza gonna find a job now?!

starskyandskutch t1_iy35xue wrote

Always a fan of Johnny Rads but they have a tendency to be a tad floppy in the center, have to request well done.

A lot of “Jbgb’s” is overrated talk in here but I loved their pizza. Probably helped that I had no expectations going into it, however.

Like many have said, Hersh’s in fed is great. Definitely the better than Verde if you’re looking for an upscale dine in experience

WinfieldFly t1_ixzmmhu wrote

Say Cheese! Extra crunchy, extra wet.

Pakaru t1_iy22vpx wrote

Brick N Fire by Camden Yards

Box0crackers t1_iy28d7u wrote

Arthouse; Verde; Johnny Rad's; Paulie Gee's.

Bostonhook t1_iy2qrio wrote

Coal Fire up in Hunt Valley.

JHBaltimore t1_iy02jf7 wrote

Just try underground pizza and tell us what you think

5omeone3lse t1_iy0axjr wrote

Way too expensive.

JHBaltimore t1_iy0ed1s wrote

Imagine being too cheap to pay 5 to 10 more dollars than a papa john’s pizza. Pizza with locally farmed high quality ingredients and general popularity in the DC/Baltimore area.

−1

gaytee t1_iy0hk3d wrote

28 bucks for a deep dish pep is actually lower range of price points. Via313 in austin charges 30. Goodpie in vegas charges 34 for a pep. BluePan in denver charges 32.

FWIW I’ve had all of these and they’re all a good value.

−1

Bigfatjew6969 t1_iy03qh4 wrote

I like Earth Wood and Fire on Falls Road in the county.

WickedCSGO t1_iy0s09o wrote

I used to eat Al Pacinos all the time off of falls road, but hasn’t been the same since they changed ownership years back.

Tuxeyboy1 t1_iy1v8jr wrote

I Love Al Pacino's ! Used to go to the Read St. location. Really miss that place.

WickedCSGO t1_iy249ne wrote

The older gentleman that used to own Al Pacino’s, like 10+ years ago, give my brother and I gifts on Christmas like snow gloves and such! And I was unaware they had another location

Affectionate-Base868 t1_iy07rqh wrote

BricknFire Pizza Company in the Marriott downtown. Worked at Camden yards warehouse building and we ate there once twice a week.

WaterWithin t1_iy0qsfl wrote

RIP Well Crafted Kitchen in the Union tap room.

roccoccoSafredi t1_iy09qf1 wrote

My friend Dan's.

But it's invite only.

Sorry.

−2