Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ms_Cranky_Pants t1_j64r4oo wrote

Good summary, I would add that she was responsible for trying one man four times due to a seemingly personal vendetta, and also in an effort to protect the police, who shot him. She was even held in contempt at one point for violating a gag order related to the case, ultimately spending extra money to prosecute and incarcerate him, while mismanaging her office. He was just released on 1/13/23, by the new States Attorney. There have been concerns about corruption, disguising source of campaign donations, (for her and her husband) misuse of campaign funds, etc…I heard the she won one case on Judge Judy one time tho…

FriedScrapple t1_j64yzer wrote

She also used victims of police violence’s families, like Tyrone West’s, as props in her campaign, then once she was elected never lifted a finger to hold those cops accountable and quit taking family members’ calls.

The police in the Freddie Gray case were never held accountable, because she charged them so stupidly. And we never got that video footage from Mondawmin, where many people from the scene say the rioting actually began by cops penning in and taunting high school students.

Once she was in, after her show trials, she gave up entirely on trying to hold cops accountable.

hogsucker t1_j65x09z wrote

I don't understand why cops don't absolutely LOVE her. She quashed the Freddie Gray uprising by claiming she was going to prosecute the men who killed him, then made sure they weren't convicted. Now the Baltimore police are on a permanent soft strike, they claim because they're afraid of accountability. They really should be grateful to her.

FriedScrapple t1_j6602e7 wrote

Incompetence makes everybody’s life harder. She didn’t do them any favors because she was trying to do them favors, she was just bad at her job.

hogsucker t1_j66ac6c wrote

You're probably right. I guess I shouldn't assume malice and not incompetence. It's just unbelievable that anyone could be that incompetent.

FriedScrapple t1_j66by8u wrote

Anyone competent would’ve had an accountant deal with the IRS immediately, and taken their accountant’s advice on how to buy condos in a legitimate way, which she could have done if she’d handled her business right in the first place. If she’d had sense and a little humility she would have been fine. But she didn’t want to be bothered with details, or to do the work, she just wanted the praise and the things.

planetarylaw t1_j65x0j0 wrote

Her only real opinion of the police is that it's a fun Halloween costume, I guess: https://www.reddit.com/r/baltimore/comments/ygqkt4/soontobeformer_states_attorney_marilyn_mosby_and/

FriedScrapple t1_j65zoj2 wrote

In her mind she’s like Megan Thee Stallion strutting around being a bad bitch, doesn’t get that you’re only a bad bitch if you’re actually competent at life. Otherwise you’re just a shallow idiot with good hair.