Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Realtrain t1_j3shla9 wrote

One display out at 4K @ 60 Hz?

Feels more like 2018 than 2023.

Svard27 t1_j3stwho wrote

I’m guessing this is an advertisement.

NightHawkVC25a t1_j3t9fe2 wrote

For a very, very brief moment, I almost thought it would have 675 USB-C ports!

ElvisArcher t1_j3tchc0 wrote

I'm not a monitor-stand kind of guy, but have been looking for a good docking station for my laptop. This looks pretty nice.

spankythemonk t1_j3ufcr2 wrote

The f is a monitor stand? Every monitor comes with an adjustable base. Who’s like, ‘what i really need is a base for this monitor so I can shove my keyboard and other crap underneath and make them totally useless.’ OK IM OFF MY PROVERBIAL MONITOR STAND.

−29

plankton_boy t1_j3uk05t wrote

Not sure where is the innovation here. The design is nice, but but it's still uhs I sd card speed and 4k60 single display. Useless to me... Just mount your monitor to the wall and get a caldigit TS4?

Same goes for the iPad stand, I had looked at this model but just got a better hub and a better stand for my tablet in the end.

What am I missing here? What's new and innovative here? Give us a proper somewhat affordable usb4 switch that works, THAT would be innovative.

TheSimpsonsAreYellow t1_j3utlps wrote

I second this. I had never even heard of this product until I saw this post. I’m also tryin to figure out where the true innovation is. It’s just like any other “multi-in-1” products. It would be truly innovative if they would truly have the best of both worlds in one product.

Laumser t1_j3vsafm wrote

Just like 1-2 weeks before the news broke I had to decide on a drop in battery powered home surveillance solution, and I was so close to choosing eufy, went with ring in the end cause if somebody wants to watch me naked inside my home they better be free and American!

Latt t1_j3vv3zr wrote

Only 2 USB-C ? useless...

garry4321 t1_j3vwdsy wrote

Youd be surprised how many posts there are that are just people trying to advertise without paying Reddit.

"Im making this game!"

"AFTER X YEARS, IM FINALLY A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!"

Fritzo2162 t1_j3waj4s wrote

I'm a network engineer and deploy a lot of docks/hubs for clients. I look a look at this thing and will give it high marks for design: one of the big issues with multi-monitor setups on laptops is the laptop screen blocks the monitor due to the power delivery/dock cable only being 3ft long. It's pretty well thought out and I like the port placement.

The fail here is only one video port. In my experience 3-4 USB A ports at most are used (USB C is used for charging phones occasionally, but few use it for devices). Ethernet is a must, but the SD card readers are never used. The audio jack is 50/50.

If they would have added an HDMI port and a Display Port outlet, removed some of the useless stuff, and included adapters to switch between HDMI and Display Port, they would have had a winner.

For right now, stick with Plugable for corporate docks. Dell's PD docks are pretty good too.

CheeksMix t1_j3wjmgs wrote

My duuuuude! Look in to fixing your desk setup.

You could end up with carpel tunnel or something else. Monitor stands, monitor risers, and monitor mounts are fantastic for ensuring your posture is proper! Stay healthy, ya know?

marbar8 t1_j3x2zxj wrote

In what world do you need more than 60 hz for 99% of "office work"? This isn't designed for gaming. And no one is going to benefit from running 240hz in Excel and Powerpoint.

MariachiMacabre t1_j3xgq1m wrote

If you click the Amazon link at the bottom, it leads to an entirely different product. And the monitor stand launches at the end of the month for $250. So this article is wrong in just about all of the ways that matter.

longhegrindilemna t1_j41b3y3 wrote

So Facebook never does this?

And Amazon never does this?

Personal data is valuable. When corporations have it, there is temptation to sell it.

Trying to pin that temptation only on a single race or country, might be maybe missing the point a little bit, maybe.

−2

SomeKidFromPA t1_j41p5wp wrote

Idk, it's a social media platform. User posts are already the product. I don't really see a difference in someone posting an opinion of theirs vs something they created. Maybe posting "hey buy my game" isn't the best look, but sharing something they made to users who might have an interest in their product is fine with me.

I can post advertisements for what I made on Facebook or Twitter, they also have ads. Reddit just allows the creator to select a larger, more likely to be interested, audience for their post beyond their current following. (Obviously some subs have rules against this to stop the constant postings, but I don't think it should be against Reddits rules in general.)

Seva55 t1_j41x2l2 wrote

Its disingenuous as a news article tho. Its claiming its the best. And it looks like shit. Not just hey we built this product. But advertisement using psychological manipulation. Unethical

SomeKidFromPA t1_j41xdmy wrote

I literally said companies shouldn't do it. Read. Independent creators who are making things on their own dime/time are just like you and me, and should post what they want. Anker has an advertising department. They shouldn't be doing it.

amishbill t1_j41yfx9 wrote

I run at least 2 external displays, even on docked laptops. A single monitor dock and stand doesn't get me very far.

I do like the simplicity of one less thing cluttering my desk, but only lifting one monitor is of limited utility to me.

CantBeMadifYouBad t1_j427gdy wrote

Those companies will tell you they are collecting your data. Eufy said their cameras were local storage only (people shouldn't be required to know how push notifications get sent to their phones) then ended up not encrypting it to the point of users in other countries getting access to people's home feeds.

Axman6 t1_j4ftuo1 wrote

Eufy specifically marketed their product as keeping al, your data in your home, then sent images to the cloud, and allowed anyone in the world to CONNECT TO ANY CAMERA WITH JUST VLC, WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION. And then when the news broke, they flatly denied it, when it was trivial to show it was true. They could barely have handled it worse.

ahecht t1_j4q7r41 wrote

Without authentication, as long as you knew the serial number for that specific camera (and the serial numbers are non-sequential 16-digit alphanumeric strings that would take longer than the age of the universe to guess).

ahecht t1_j4qityi wrote

The URL included the serial number (with 8 million-million-million-million possibilities) plus a 4-digit code (65536 possibilities), but a lot of tech reporting these days is a giant game of telephone so many article did incorrectly say that there were only 65536 possibilities.