Submitted by Dragonbarry22 t3_125lo81 in gaming

I think I enjoy combat, puzzle platforming or exploring randomly generated worlds but im also thinking maybe Im also wanting games with more social experince found it harder making friends recently so I prob got bored keeping myself busy with a lot of games,

I have been trying to look at different stuff to play but ended up feeling bored

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

_Goose_ t1_je4nxkw wrote

You don’t HAVE to play anything. Realize that and you’ll eventually find something you want while you do other things.

CorneliusVaginus t1_je4nmvj wrote

I just play everything on the hardest difficulty now, so it'll make me want to complete it and feel that YEAH SCREW YOU GAME! pride.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4o3xp wrote

i think for me I really enjoyed the enviroments of elden ring I wasnt doing a lot of combat but just chiling in the open world was really fun

Elephant_Alarmed t1_je4owyr wrote

then maybe a game like elite:dangerous or no man's sky might be something to you?

in those you're basically just chilling in an open world all the time.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4qfub wrote

i would play no mans sky a lot of stuff gets confusing and overwhelming as well

any other games for exploration?

Elephant_Alarmed t1_je4sjni wrote

really depends on what kind of exploration you like.

if you like abit of story those might be for you:

zelda, especially breath of the are games I can get lost in for days, in a very good way.

assassins creed games have a lot aswell and it's mostly quite nice to look at.

skyrim and other elder scrolls games are a good choice aswell, if you'd do all the content you'll be good for weeks.

witcher 3 has a lot to do aswell and has many choices so playthroughts stay interesting.

read dead redepmtion 2 - lots of story and lots of realisticish gameplay and such.

​

if you just want to explore maybe try those:

terraria - it's more then 2D minecraft and I enjoy it a lot more.

valheim - it's all about crafting and exploring

staker anomaly - it's stalker but 100% open world, nothing will ever top that atmosphere.

star citizien - pretty much like elite:dangerous but it needs a nasa computer to run.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4su3e wrote

I really loved breath of the wild just hated weapon durability, I've yet to finish Witcher 3 LoL kinda lost where I was up to tbh

Stuff like that maybe

Elephant_Alarmed t1_je8zegn wrote

at the 12th of may breath of the wild 2 (tears of the kingdom) will release, I bet you'll enjoy it too! :)

they released a 10-minute gameplay trailer of some new mechanics this week and god damn, this got me so hyped, I really can't wait.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je90xyh wrote

i was never a fan of weapon durabillity but game was really fun, though at least we have some cool middle ground for weapons

CorneliusVaginus t1_je4p46k wrote

Yeah same aswell, I mainly play games like Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring etc. Just to get great screenshots, but I do love chilling in areas and listening to all the games sounds too! Becomes a different game in a way.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4qb9h wrote

any other games that would be good for that sense of exploring ?

CorneliusVaginus t1_je4vd8m wrote

Hmm.

I'd say if you want a pure puzzle atmosphere game then The Witness! Its a must try.

Skyrim is the best pick overall, but you've probably played it already.

Both Horizon games.

Outer Wilds

Red Dead 2

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Assassins Creed Black

Riders Republic and Steep.

(My favourite game) Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

These are all relatively open-world games and do require some time playing though! If you want some not as big games.. then I'd say

Journey

Flower

Proteus

Spirit of the North

Ico (personal favourite)

Shadow of the Colossus (still quite big)

The Last Guardian

Slimer Rancher

Feather

Subnautica

Grow Home

Gravity Rush

Abzu

Steep

Rime

Bully

Rebel Galaxy

Haven and Journey to the Savage Planet are both interesting picks, but they're genuinely fun to just play.

Edit: on phone, sorry for weird layout.

Gandarii t1_je4rzto wrote

We've all been there. Then, suddenly, someone or something gives you an idea on what to try and it just clicks.

If you are looking for a game to make friends in, single player games probably aren't it and co-op games might be more up your alley. Try to find something that has an active community, as that makes it much easier to find people. Games that get updated regularly are always a good bet. Or maybe jump on the hype train of something new that releases.

Maybe Csgo 2 might be your chance. Or whenever GTA 6 comes out.

I personally really enjoy Destiny 2 and it very much suits that 'puzzle, combat, platforming, online co-op game to make friends in' niche you're looking for and it gets updated very frequently with a highly active community. Maybe give that a try if you haven't already.

Then again, it's absolutely okay to take a break. If you're not feeling it at the moment, don't force yourself into it.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4se8z wrote

yep Im thinking also maybe shooter burn out I might need stuff that gets my brain thinking as well I guess I mostly played shooters or story focused games

Gandarii t1_je4wk2p wrote

There is of course always the option of a good old-fashioned Minecraft Server if you have the people for it. Those are always a fun time.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4y6xo wrote

makes me wish i had more friends lol i really want to get back into minecraft

Gandarii t1_je4yp36 wrote

I'm sure there are discord servers and other communities that would love to play alongside you. You just have to look for them ^^

Buuut, I also get that it can be very intimidating to join random people like that. I think there are probably also still many very active larger servers. Maybe you could try and look around for people there?

Shadowtirs t1_je4xv0y wrote

Gaming purgatory is the worst. Sometimes I'll use books/movies/tv shows to help nudge me into a direction. I'm on a rewatch of Netflix's The Last Kingdom for instance, historical fiction about 900 AD England involving the Viking invasions, so that made me dust off Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord.

Additionally sometimes you may just need to take a break, unplug and let inspiration find you.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4y230 wrote

it the same for tv shows lol i had a burnt out from anime and havent found other stuff to watch lol im in the worst the patch here

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4ybfw wrote

i have been getting into archery recently as well it been really fun i also like bowling as well

adubsi t1_je54t2w wrote

I’m just in limbo until Diablo 4. And hopefully final fantasy XVI doesn’t take an absurd amount of time before they can put it on pc

Maybe if I’m lucky hades 2 early access will release in the summer

llTiredSlothll t1_je4sm6v wrote

Do you like metroidvania games ?

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4swp8 wrote

I've never played any of those games but any you'd suggest to start out with

llTiredSlothll t1_je4ukd8 wrote

My favourites are hollow knight ( very popular) and aeterna noctis . Mind they are both quite hard. Aeterna noctis is probably the most challenging platforming game I've ever played but is very satisfying

wubbbalubbadubdub t1_je4t2wa wrote

Hades got me out of a gaming slump, it's a great roguelite and the story reveal over time was really good.

DarkAssassin011 t1_je51s72 wrote

I usually end up playing Monster Hunter when this happens. Dead Cells got me out of my last slump.

NoMoreGoldPlz t1_je5cw2g wrote

Rocket League is free so you could see if that's 'social enough' for 30 minutes before you turn the chat back off.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je5d2qh wrote

I found playing goalie was pretty fun was not competitive enough to go for the ball lol.

NoMoreGoldPlz t1_je5f4yi wrote

Playing goalie can be fun at times. I guess it's not the meta strategy for higher ranks but the people that tell you it's a bad way to play the game are probably upset that they have a hard time winning games, lol.

WorldEaterYoshi t1_je625zq wrote

Stop thinking of what you have to play and start thinking of what you want to play. Not what you want to play because you "need" to play it. What do you actually want to play? Drop everything else. You don't need to play a game because you started it or because you spent money on it. Your time and happiness are your most valuable assets.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je7agit wrote

It more trying to find new stuff to play I've mostly played shooters