Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

OriginalObscurity t1_j60ms7c wrote

Nah, obliquely anti-trans talking point created out of thin air by the Michigan GOP - Source (Snopes, w/references)

I say obliquely anti-trans because the originator of the lie made a point to say the imaginary litter boxes were for kids who identify as cats; real POS

quimblesoup t1_j60mwad wrote

It’s a BS claim that people use argue in bad faith. If someone makes an outlandish claim like that the burden of truth is on them to prove it’s true not on you or anyone else for that matter to prove it’s false. Some ways to prompt this are:

Oh that’s interesting. Where did you hear this? Did you see it yourself? Can you show me?

Sorry if this sounds snarky I’m just tired of people making weird crap up to get all upset about like there’s not enough going on already.

No animosity directed toward you at all.

tokhar t1_j60n8v8 wrote

There is no evidence this idiocy in any school in the country.

Anytime this silly point has come up directly, every school district has responded with an emphatic “oh hell, no!”.

It’s up to your idiot colleague to find an actual example, not for you to disprove a baseless claim. Feel free to ask him to prove something like “I heard conservatives are licking dog testicles to get high… “ after all, you heard it from a “credible” source…

spiked_macaroon t1_j60nq3w wrote

It bears saying that, some school districts provided kitty litter to teachers as part of school shooter preparedness. In a lockdown situation, where students would be locked in the classroom due to someone's 2nd amendment rights, they would relieve themselves in a bucket. The litter was to help control the odors.

So not only are no schools providing litter boxes for furries, the root of this myth is our nation's bizarre kink for guns.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_j60nqrg wrote

This is a stupid rumor/scam. Don’t fall for it. Don’t spread it here. Use Snopes.

particular-potatoe t1_j60nszy wrote

I can tell by the r/titlegore that you aren’t going to accept any of these answers.

Technical_Hair_4383 t1_j60ogj8 wrote

Yes! Also, we don't say the Pledge of Allegiance, even though it's required by state law! /s

solvatochrome t1_j60oklf wrote

the fact that you are even genuinely asking this question tells me all i need to know

3toeddog t1_j60p3cl wrote

Ugh, my republican brother brought this up at Christmas dinner. Fully believed it. A hoax that started on PEI in Canada finally filtered down to him. What an awkward holiday moment.

lectrician7 OP t1_j60p739 wrote

That’s exactly why I asked for first hand knowledge. I have serious trouble believing it’s actually the case and I’m sick of people who have said elsewhere that they heard something but have no actual proof?

−2

Illustrious-Mix9904 t1_j60poh9 wrote

Some idiot listened to Tucker Carlson on Fox News or some other news media for idiots and seeded thus rumor into some god fearing conservative mom. No better way to spread misinformation.

PLEASE VOTE in your local elections so these idiots don't get elected into school boards and stuff.

trillian79 t1_j60qdvt wrote

As a parent with school age children I’d like to give you a genuine answer. I have a high schooler and an elementary aged child who attend school at 2 different buildings in a district in the Merrimack Valley. If there were litter boxes in the bathrooms I would know. My youngest would immediately tell me. According to my teenager, between that TikTok trend of destroying school bathrooms and vaping, bathroom use at his school is heavily monitored. And if there were litter boxes it would absolutely be all over social media. There would be TikTok videos and Instagram posts from all over the country. It is a hoax.

georgecostanza37 t1_j60qi3s wrote

So the people who are telling you this should be the ones giving you the evidence. Not people who know it’s outlandish, but don’t have any evidence…because they aren’t the ones believing the claim. You clearly don’t believe it either. Would you ask the Massachusetts subreddit why people keep telling you Lizard people are really and ask for them to provide evidence when they say it’s a silly claim?

lectrician7 OP t1_j60qsat wrote

No. I don’t work in the schools. This is why I am asking if someone says it’s true ti provide proof. I have time believing it and it seems anyone who says it’s true has always heard it second or third hand. Seems to me that it is in fact a stupid rumor.which is pretty sad actually

lectrician7 OP t1_j60r368 wrote

Really so what does it tell you about me? I love that if someone asks a question someone can just make assumptions about them. I have a really strong feeling your assumption is incorrect by the way. But I’d love to openly answer any questions you have.

−1

lectrician7 OP t1_j60rcox wrote

I’m sure it was! I honestly didn’t know how to react when my coworker said it! I ended just laughing and asked him if he believed everything he hears!

Edit: I get a little guilty for laughing at him but oh well I guess

jeanlenin t1_j60ro86 wrote

One school somewhere in the country put a litter box in a class or bathroom (I don’t remember) in case a child had to go during a shooting so there wouldn’t be a flush to give them away.

In response to that horrifying concept the right decided to take it and weaponize it against trans people, teachers, and the schooling system as a whole by turning it into the most idiotic, unbelievable, and hateful meme of the century.

lectrician7 OP t1_j60ronl wrote

Ummmm read some of my comment responses. Your blatantly wrong. There’s a reason I asked for someone who had frost hand knowledge because I’m fairly confident that won’t happen. See I knew you were wrong. Don’t make assumptions about people. It’s wrong and kinda mean to be honest.

Edit: people doing that like you did is probably one the biggest problems I society today. Why you assumed that I wanted it to be true is beyond me. You should never assume anything, ask questions of people get their true feeling on things. Don’t go hating people for no reason. Be better. We are guilty of this at times I suppose.

−4

stoicCedar t1_j60sf73 wrote

If this question is asked in good faith - and I prefer to initially always respond as if it is and give folks the benefit of the doubt - then, no. For added context, this is broadly understood to be a made up conservative claim used to mock and stoke anger towards trans youths and schools systems that might support and care for them. People feel very frustrated and react strongly when they hear hurtful hoaxes repeated, and if this question was asked in good faith it’s a good opportunity to extend them the understanding and benefit of the doubt that you wished you had received.

[deleted] t1_j60sxlz wrote

Yes. The rumor is 100% true.

In fact, governor Healey has made it one of the centerpieces of her governor’s term. Ultimately her goal is to make every Massachusetts schoolchild into a lesbian cat-person.

This has been confirmed by Fox, OAN, MAGAPatriotEagleFreedom.ru and Newsmax, which are all quality news networks.

The only thing that can be done to stop it is to pray towards Mar a Lago daily while ritually applying bright orange bronzer to your face and torso.

lectrician7 OP t1_j60t5cx wrote

I’m not asking anyone to prove it ISN’T true. I know you can’t prove a negative. That’s why I asked if someone had first hand knowledge. I assume it’s not true. This is essentially a way for me to prove to this coworker thief wrong and believed a fairly unbelievable rumor. But everyone assumes I believe it. Which is absurd to me. It’s very sad to me how many people make assumption about me based on this post. Instead of asking me what I thought. As I said in another response earlier I think this judgement of people without asking pertinent questions is a huge problem in society today. I honestly makes me sad. I wish people would just be better than that.

−1

trillian79 t1_j60t8ae wrote

So glad that I could help. I’m sorry that the other commenters were misunderstanding your intentions. One of my children is transgender so this whole situation with the hoax is very upsetting.

georgecostanza37 t1_j60u5vv wrote

I stated: “ you clearly don’t believe it either” what I am saying is the poster above (and many others) told you it’s upon the person you know who is making this claim to provide the burden of truth. If that person can’t provide it, but won’t accept anything otherwise…their logic is wrong. Doesn’t make them less intelligent because we are all susceptible, but they should know it’s on them. Weird that you asked in the Mass sub, but the people who are answering will either answer like this or become an echo chamber that your friend will resent. It’s not how you resolve a conflict.

lectrician7 OP t1_j60ugb1 wrote

I appreciate your ability to not make a judgement about someone and hold an actual conversation. Thank you. If more people were like you (no matter their political views) this country would a better a place.

lectrician7 OP t1_j60v0hk wrote

So you don’t think that making your judgement about me before even talking to me was wrong? Or are just gonna ignore that you made up your mind and were wrong? I seriously think this is one our biggest issues in society. If people would just talk like human beings (no matter what their political views are) this country would be far better.

massachusetts-ModTeam t1_j60v0z5 wrote

Our Subreddit's ( r/Massachusetts ) objective is to discuss topics of interest and awareness concerning the state of Massachusetts in the United States of America. - If you are seeing this message, it means your topic was outside the scope of that objective, and it does not belong in our Subreddit.

mikenice1 t1_j612arh wrote

It's bullshit and has been debunked.