Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LackSufficient7852 OP t1_j03rmin wrote

Not yet. Nobody seems to know what to do and we are all in dire restraints as water is not something you can live without. Even if we do get an attorney I will be out of pocket a lot of money by the end of it. Everyone is afraid that their property value will drop. Personally I just want the well fixed and sound the alarm. Nobody should have to go through something like this.

SkipAd54321 t1_j043qkk wrote

Your property value already did drop. You can’t sell this house for anywhere near 750k without running water. No one would buy it on the hope they can spend 35k to potentially fix the problem. But I bet you’re still paying real estate taxes on the full appraised value

MurkyDismal18 t1_j03s2ua wrote

I totally agree! If your neighbors are dealing with the same issue though...this could be a big deal. Did you purchase through the builder directly or did you work with an agent?

LackSufficient7852 OP t1_j03ujfq wrote

We had an agent who helped us. She hasn’t been to keen on helping us now though :(

YouAreHardtoImagine t1_j03ykd4 wrote

That’s because the agent is partially on the hook. If you all collectively have the same issue, the attorney’s costs can be less. At least find out what can be done.

the_nobodys t1_j03v2w1 wrote

I mean, lawyers exist for a reason. Sometimes they're necessary

Environmental-Job515 t1_j047lsg wrote

Form a neighborhood group and go have an initial meeting with a well connected real estate lawyer. Nashua certainly has them. You can’t afford not to if you’ve already signed up for $750k. At my closing years ago the seller had to sign a form stating there were no special conditions or situations with the property that they were aware of, but I’m just redit moron. Get a lawyer

tech1010 t1_j043ci4 wrote

1000 feet is super deep already, might just be really bad luck that there wasn't enough rain and snowmelt in the area to replenish the aquifers, and you could be perfectly fine next year.

What are you doing now, did you get a water tank ?

LackSufficient7852 OP t1_j04iju0 wrote

We are looking into the options, but so far we are thinking a rain harvesting system, well manger, and deeper pump.