Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sinners-prayer t1_j9xhflg wrote

Yeah I have to agree. The current MSG is an eyesore, and everything around it feels like a mishmash of different eras. Btw, I thought Pennsylvania hotel was going to be replaced by a building called PEN15? Hopefully they aren’t going forward with that and build MSG there lol

anObscurity t1_j9y112l wrote

I heard the whole “Penn District” complex including “PEN15” (lmao) is on hold

Mcfinley t1_j9yig6g wrote

Yeah, Vornado said as much on their most recent earnings call. I think they're still going forward with renovations at One and Two Penn Plaza. Pretty sure they'll continue demolition at Hotel Pennsylvania too

mowotlarx t1_j9ymejj wrote

Maybe they'll scale back all the office space they planned, but I doubt it. Look forward to.them going ahead and building a bunch of office buildings that will be almost entirely empty and rat infested in the first years they open.

LongIsland1995 t1_j9ztr11 wrote

"Mish mash of different eras"

What is wrong with that exactly?

Sinners-prayer t1_j9zyhq8 wrote

Nothing is wrong with that but it just isn’t working there, and I don’t necessarily mean architecturally. Historically, that area has always kind of struggled to find an identity, and clearly still is. But that said, they’ve done a fantastic job restoring where Moynihan station is and hopefully they continue in that direction, instead of just building more… office buildings.

The problem with that area is that after people are done commuting in and out of work it turns into an actual unsafe and bad place to be.

poopmast t1_ja3h4ci wrote

I would definitely wear a Knicks X PEN15 Garden shirt.