Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

pseudochef93 t1_j2ds95z wrote

“Jesus died for our sins and for you to give me money.”

- this fucking guy

bellaboozle t1_j2ef108 wrote

I would be ok with a preacher living in a decent house but a 6k foot mansion would make me stop attending that church. Very sad situation.

ForkShirtUp t1_j2es8jz wrote

Well it’s not like he’s holding a gun to everyone during collection. Or is he?

Silo-Joe t1_j2dqz97 wrote

Guessing Mayor Adams has a guest bedroom there

Rottimer t1_j2dyjks wrote

He might be the landlord - you never know.

astoriaboundagain t1_j2e393d wrote

From the article: "The Bling Bishop, who counts New York City Mayor Eric Adams as a friend"

[deleted] t1_j2ei1uj wrote

[deleted]

−12

Brothers_D t1_j2eirt8 wrote

Read the article.

EDIT: It's sad to see the poster above delete his post rather than acknowledge that he made a false accusation and apologize.

ThreeLittlePuigs t1_j2eivnl wrote

You clearly have never read anything about the Pastor before. They have a documented friendship.

Silo-Joe t1_j2elys2 wrote

Wow. Your comment is so ignorant. This pastor, because he knew Adams and wanted the attention, tried to negotiate the subway shooter’s surrender earlier in the year.

tjh213 t1_j2e11js wrote

he founded a church after serving five years for identity theft. who the hell would turn to this guy for spiritual guidance?

mowotlarx t1_j2e1hn2 wrote

He picked a religion (evangelical Christianity) that specifically praises and raises up "reformed" sinners and loves when they are at the forefront. Of course this worked out for him.

Traditional_Way1052 t1_j2ekp1o wrote

I have a family member who is a former drug dealer who wrote a book then did this. He has a lot of money. And doesn't help his family who are in similar situations to what his own was, earlier life (i.e. trying to get their lives back together).

tjh213 t1_j2erk5v wrote

that's so depressing. i mean, redemption is something that absolutely deserves to be celebrated, and we all have room to aspire to redeem ourselves in some area of personal failing, but for crying out loud at least try to apply a little critical thinking before you celebrate someone. "i used to steal, but now i'm an honest man! so give me your money."

shant_jan t1_j2e6utg wrote

so the pattern i'm getting here is that all the pompous, sketchy dudes claiming to represent the "real brooklyn" actually live in jersey.

Distinct_Molasses234 t1_j2e3oa9 wrote

Wow that is hideous.

licecrispies OP t1_j2e6549 wrote

My territory covers Bergen County. As soon as the client opens the door, I can usually tell old money from new by their furnishings. This place screams nouveau riche pretentiousness.

Michael_Pistono t1_j2ewzc6 wrote

Seriously, that living room looks like someone said “just buy the most expensive thing in the catalog, I don’t care if it’s tasteless and hideous.”

blankblank t1_j2f7df0 wrote

George Carlin: "He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

jesuschin t1_j2e1iid wrote

I always wonder how these grifters find the absolute stupidest people in the world

bkornblith t1_j2e9mdl wrote

There are more stupid people than smart people… Ira not hard

jesuschin t1_j2e9viu wrote

Go start a small business and get rich off the stupid people. It's not as easy as you're projecting it to be.

−3

bkornblith t1_j2eaw9g wrote

Pls - anyone could go to South Carolina and sell pro trump merch easily - most of us just a) have a functioning moral code, and b) don’t want to waste the effort

P0stNutClarity t1_j2dvfw3 wrote

A fool and his money will soon be parted.

Almost don't feel sorry for anyone swindles by this clown.

n3vd0g t1_j2er51q wrote

What’s wild is I’m sure many of his victims also vote against any taxes whatsoever.

Kittypie75 t1_j2f8989 wrote

Wow that house is very... Jersey.

Also.. having grown up around there .. it's like right on a major road. All money and no taste.

l1vefrom215 t1_j2egwqw wrote

Guess being a grifter doesn’t mean you have good taste. That interior decorating is hot garbage

LittleKitty235 t1_j2ehx1d wrote

Pretty hideous mansion for $1.6m IMO.

F_T_N_32 t1_j2f1gsq wrote

Good now let’s examine the thousands of other storefront “houses of worship”. Specifically the ones with the tinted out luxury cars parked out front.

suitcase88 t1_j2e1gwd wrote

I first read that as Paris. Now I lost all respect for him.

iv2892 t1_j2e9fra wrote

Wait, the bishop is friends with Mayor Adams ?

captainktainer t1_j2easx8 wrote

Let's be honest - does the mayor have any friends that aren't just terrible, loathsome people?

RatInaMaze t1_j2enwfm wrote

“Mansion”

No it’s not.

aja09 t1_j2erlu4 wrote

Oh Jesus will forgive all your sins just make sure you donate money to the church... If you put money in the basket every week... He will make sure you get a vip spot in heaven

_switch360_ t1_j2f4m7b wrote

It’s great that this trash found suckers to give him money. He’s no different from Reverend Al and his National Action Network.

thatgirlinny t1_j2fbnmt wrote

And one of Mayor Swagga’s besties, of course!

doctor_van_n0strand t1_j2fhqs2 wrote

That's no mansion. That's a hulking pile of tacky, aspirational garbage.