Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Basique_b t1_j2dp4kd wrote

Dump all standing water. Mosquitoes can nest in the smallest standing water, like a bottle cao for instance.

H00die5zn t1_j2dqaeo wrote

Yeah that’s the same here. Haven’t seen mosquitos since summer but the last few years they have been awful anywhere out back or out front

alittlemouth t1_j2drpup wrote

Get a couple lavender bushes. Put ‘em in pots if you have to. They work wonders as natural mosquito repellents.

Also make sure you eliminate all standing water. This also means any drain or downspout that’s on your patio.

Finally, some people are simply more naturally attractive to mosquitoes (I’m one of those people) and no matter what you do they’ll feast on you before they try anyone else. :(

Hannah_M_K t1_j2e2usa wrote

I've read that if you drink a little bit of vinegar every day they won't like your blood. But it's a commitment.

MonsterNog t1_j2e3tgh wrote

If you have a neighbor anywhere on the block with a pool that isn’t treated you’re gonna have mosquitoes, yell Kobe and toss some shock pouches in your neighbors yards.

Dryheavemorning t1_j2eahl8 wrote

I did mosquito treatment for a local government during college where we went to people's houses to help with mosquito prevention and untreated pools actually aren't typically a big source because they are big enough to host predators of mosquitos as well. It was always buckets or garbage cans, French drains, bird baths, unused fountains, and other small pockets of water. Definitely good advice to toss a bunch of granular mosquito bits over the fence if your neighbors have those.

monkeymaxx t1_j2ewzmv wrote

Use a rechargeable Thermacell when you’re out back. Turn it on 15-20 min before you want to go outside. Works like a charm!