Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

waits5 t1_j6fw1hn wrote

Just imagine City Hall with a fucking Giants logo on it if they won. Unimaginable. This is an embarrassment for NYC.

licensedtojill t1_j6fwj5y wrote

NYC needs to stop dick eating, we’re never gonna be friends.

Qumbo t1_j6fwr8k wrote

NYC not a football city. New Jersey Giants

tonytrov t1_j6fxpgr wrote

to be fair the Giants play in New Jersey

Diplotomodon t1_j6fyryv wrote

Pleased to announce Philly's successful annexation of the city of New York. As part of our redevelopment plan we will be replacing every bodega with a Wawa

Allemaengel t1_j6g1ts7 wrote

I'm in the weird overlap here in the Poconos between a few of the most southeastern Sheetzes and northwesternmost Wawas with a lot of Turkey Hills and independents filling the big gaps in between especially in Carbon County.

VeryStab1eGenius t1_j6g337z wrote

The colors of the winning team was going to be on the Empire State Building. NYC isn’t as provincial as Philadelphia. Most Giants fans don’t even live in the city.

ETA: see, even the Empire State Building has jokes about this. https://imgur.com/a/33girAH

johnnyss1 t1_j6g3vvv wrote

Can you blame them? The green bulbs will expire waiting for the friggin jets

waits5 t1_j6ghcrd wrote

We just went up to Jim Thorpe about a month ago. It’s a beautiful area and I was surprised that Turkey Hill was an actual store and not just a company that makes milk and ice cream for grocery stores. 🙂 It was actually a great little store.

RedditorUser99 t1_j6gqefo wrote

No, we’re not happy about this.

And you wouldn’t be happy if Liberty Place was lit up in Giants blue.

−3

Jawny_Appleseed t1_j6gy7g1 wrote

It’s only natural when we’re taking on 50% of your vacating population.

phillysleuther t1_j6h9k8j wrote

My favorite thing I saw was they’d have to grease the Empire State Building so Philly fans couldn’t climb it like a trash King Kong.

Allemaengel t1_j6hff2e wrote

Yeah, I like it here overall but it's a little bit of a commute to work down in Bucks County, lol.

Turkey Hill's not bad for what it is but we could use something, either that or a Wawa or a Sheetz but something at the Turnpike Mahoning Valley exit.

urbanhawk1 t1_j6hgq92 wrote

Are they going to need to grease the empire state building now?

ChocolatePleepleus t1_j6hkyud wrote

It only lasted a few hours before they switched to the Chiefs' colors.

GaviFromThePod t1_j6i587z wrote

Maybe they should have not lost to the eagles 3 times

jawnquistador t1_j6icst5 wrote

Giants fan here. Any of you guys wanna come pick it up? We’re done using it now. Just slap it in center city somewhere, im sure it’ll look nice

bradfordmaster t1_j6jdt5y wrote

The 49ers play in fucking Santa Clara now (I grew up in Philly area but live in sf now). It's like 45 miles away from the closest part of the city and takes an hour to get there in very moderate traffic. It'd be like if the eagles played in Allentown (almost)

bradfordmaster t1_j6js38b wrote

Well sf has its own taxes for city and county, so only kinda. But yeah, if there was another state an hour away they might have gone ahead and moved it there. Different state is too much, I agree

TheBSQ t1_j6kafdo wrote

There’s always people angry about something on Twitter.

Flip_1800 t1_j6kd8hm wrote

I get what these comparisons are going for but not the same at all lol..ESB is one of the most famous buildings in the world. It has a calendar of lights for different causes almost nightly. They’ve done this for the Eagles before when we went to the bowl in 2017-18. Patriots were celebrated with lights that year also..it’s NYC lol