Submitted by KoBxElucidator t3_yib64y in pittsburgh

So I haven't gotten any paper mail in over a week. I came across the mail carrier on Saturday, and he told me that he can't access our apartment building. So the landlord has changed the entry system, and his key doesn't work anymore. It's one of those phone entry systems where you can let someone in with an app. He told me that he's been in touch with them (Mozart), and they haven't given him a new key to buzz in. Is there anything I can do besides pester Mozart to give the guy a key so I can get my damn mail? Knowing them, they'll probably tell me it's my problem even though it's their dumb new entry system that's preventing me from getting my mail (and every other tenant in the building). Isn't it illegal to prevent someone from getting their mail?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rogimonster t1_iui1p63 wrote

Call the postal police. They get really excited when they have something to do.

KoBxElucidator OP t1_iui630m wrote

Can't get a hold of the post office (I think it's the East Liberty P.O.). My calls never get answered or it rings like the line is busy. I sent a complaint email so hopefully they respond to that. Got an email saying they received it so hopefully something happens. If not, I'll have to walk in myself on a day off work.

ohidontthinks0 t1_iuhqn4s wrote

Maybe call the post master and see if they can help move things along.

KoBxElucidator OP t1_iuhrg9u wrote

Do you know how I'd get in touch with the one for Squirrel Hill? I've had postal issues in the past, and I always have to go through an automated system that never gets me to an actual person.

tinacat933 t1_iuhsq8f wrote

Just go to the post office and talk to someone there

CansPGH t1_iuhta6d wrote

agreed. It's one of the more fun interactions i've had with government workers. You walk in say you wanna talk to the Postmaster, and it's like you asked to talk to the wizard of oz. people 'ooh and ahh' i feel like. Then the dude i got, was amazing. he immediately was super pissed with me about the thing i was pissed about, going as far to bring the responsible person out to ask, 'what the fuck, jim?'... it was amazing. Highly recommend.

KoBxElucidator OP t1_iuhvvdy wrote

Lol sounds like it. Gonna go to the squirrel hill P.O. (I don't think they deliver my mail, but they'll point me in the right direction). Called Mozart, and they said they'll try to handle it. So I'll give them a day or 2 before I escalate it further.

Rivarle t1_iui40r0 wrote

Awesome; I'd love to hear how it turns out.

mmphoto412 t1_iujre78 wrote

Nah fuck them, they already used up all of their leeway

whenwillthisend19 t1_iuik2tf wrote

Ask for the station manager. If they say supervisor tell them no because they are craft employees that don't want to work. Station manager is who you want to talk to

alwaysboopthesnoot t1_iuifpll wrote

Report it as a voter/ballot/election issue: you and your neighbors in the building can’t get a ballot in the mail, if no mail delivery happens and you can’t mail one out on time, if no mail pickups occur.

This seems like something the postal service, the county board of elections, and your local elected officials might want to know.

queenoftheidiots t1_iuhzrt2 wrote

Call you elected officials especially your congressional office. You are entitled to your mail and this could be something they could get in trouble for if they don’t fix it.

jdtomchick t1_iui8c6c wrote

Mozart is garbage so I’m not surprised

howsthistakenalready t1_iui8axh wrote

Op, I would suggest posting this on r/USPS to get their suggestions. Also, you want east lib, not squirrel hill. And your carrier is doing what they are supposed to do, this is the apartment's fault

InevitablePersimmon6 t1_iujjbxq wrote

Mozart has been garbage as long as they’ve been around so this isn’t a shock. I’m sorry you’re dealing with it. I’d report it on USPS.com

fishysteak t1_iuio2a8 wrote

Put a mail hood and request pickup at post office. May not be the closest one.

colormeslowly t1_iujmixx wrote

If you haven’t already set up an account with informed delivery, place your mail on hold & pick it up from the post office until the door entry issue is resolved.

Pghlaxdad t1_iujmugm wrote

Organize a rent strike!

bad-trajectory t1_iujwu9v wrote

Is this the Mozart Wendover? I live there and have the same issue. If you have any updates, or anything I can do to help, please let me know!!