Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Furius_George t1_jcy19ri wrote

“Because remember, if you don’t vote for me—then you ain’t black!” -super racist quote by Jое Віden when he was running for POTUS in 2020.

−12

whatistheformat t1_jcy2eda wrote

take a look at the turmoil that surrounds us and just ask yourself what AI is going to be used for. Are we going to use it to make our society better? To lessen the load on the overworked? To help lift up the disadvantaged? Hahaha. no.

n3w4cc01_1nt t1_jcy3w1r wrote

most of the effort is targeting African Americans and evangelicals

TerryTPlatypus t1_jcy8h67 wrote

Evangelicals: manipulate and rile them up, makes them exercise political and social power

African Americans: scare them into submission, deters them from using political and social power.

If I am wrong, someone correct me on this.

HuntingGreyFace t1_jcya0sv wrote

the shit targeting Spanish speaking voters is fucking wild propaganda.

language isolation begets a layer of sophistication in how an abuser can operate

republicans are full of operations to effect goals.

belovedeagle t1_jcyeiul wrote

> Black people, related to interactions with the criminal justice system, the amassing of debt, and resistance toward medicine

If you're looking for the racism, this article itself is a good place to start.

SidewaysFancyPrance t1_jcyr5rk wrote

Human brains are hackable. AI will be tuned to hack the brain the same way advertising and marketing people have been doing for decades, but it will be refined and bespoke for each target. It will be cheap, it won't sleep, and can be cloned to scale up massively.

AI is going to be a horribly negative force in society. The AI we are seeing now is capital that will be built, owned, and IP-protected by capitalists to enrich themselves at great cost to society.

If an AI can do something good for society at any point in the future, a capitalist will figure out the value of that good, try to capture and monopolize it to control scarcity and make it more valuable, then bleed the hell out of it to extract profit.

blueSGL t1_jcz9z0p wrote

> I'm dreading the day AI can write code.

Self fixing code generation is already in the pipeline for simple programs. (that was the middle of last year. ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3MBQm7GFIM&t=260s @ 4.20

GPT4 can do some impressive things:

>"Not only have I asked GPT-4 to implement a functional Flappy Bird, but I also asked it to train an AI to learn how to play. In one minute, it implemented a DQN algorithm that started training on the first try."

https://twitter.com/DotCSV/status/1635991167614459904

a scrip dubbed "Wolverine" that hooks into GPT4 and recursivly resolves errors in python scripts.

https://twitter.com/bio_bootloader/status/1636880208304431104

[deleted] t1_jczzqd0 wrote

>African Americans: scare them into submission, deters them from using political and social power.
>
>If I am wrong, someone correct me on this.

You're correct, specifically they engage in voter suppression. They will use every trick in the book to discourage folks from voting. They claim voting doesn't matter, they say both sides are the same, they lie about voting information and deliberately give incorrect information, and they exploit historical and ongoing injustices to make people feel like their voices don't matter.

The opposite couldn't be more true. Your voice and your votes matter, and the fact that they spend millions of dollars to convince you otherwise is proof that you have a voice and that your voice matters.

ButtholeCandies t1_jd006vj wrote

Which part? There was an insane amount of disinformation and astroturfing targeting AA to not get the COVID vaccine. Regular media was supporting this with the constant articles about how the skepticism was justified because of Tuskegee and that the white people that were avoiding the vaccine were dumb and doing it because of Trump and conspiracy theories.

I was amazed that the excuse kept coming up with every new wave and was then followed by data about how they were the least vaccinated group, but the conclusion was racism and not having access, which held no water after a couple months.

Soft bigotry of low expectations makes it impossible to counter the disinformation effectively.

covid_gambit t1_jd0gema wrote

I think it would be difficult to outdo the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" lie that was universally heard just a few years ago.

TerribleAttitude t1_jd0hsjc wrote

There’s also a ton targeting Latinos, though it is often overlooked as it’s frequently in Spanish. It’s also not discussed ever, but I am quite convinced that left-of-liberals are being heavily targeted.

As for the why, because they’re very online groups, often polarized, and that tend to vote a particular way but don’t necessarily identify with the way they vote. Moderate-minded people who identify heavily as democrats or republicans aren’t going to change their views as easily. Those groups also have plenty of valid anxieties about the political system, and that can be exploited.

SlowMotionPanic t1_jd0u2ps wrote

r/technology is really more for people who dislike or distrust or don’t understand technology. It never ceases to amaze me how many people who don’t work in Tech hang out here and insist things which are quite plainly wrong.

GPT is a novelty for me, just like copilot. I throughly believe that the people professing it’s usefulness in the workplace—including but not limited to dev work—are generally lower level. Chat GPT went down today and a ton of people remarked how they can’t do their jobs now. It’s right up there with the meme about the same every time StackOverflow goes down.

That’s one big thing I professionally fear from AI models or whatever we are going to call them. The cutting of corners including in code literacy. It’s my old man yells at cloud moment. People dabbling in coding and development when they are more like analysts than anything else (no shade to analysts, but it is an entirely different skillset and focus).

The people who rely and extensively use things like GPT and copilot will be the first made redundant when good old Sam Altman realizes his stated dream of having AI “employees” out compete and replace hourly or salaried humans.

I truly fear that a good chunk of people are fucking themselves right now. Especially junior level people. This is the time they should be learning and instead they turn to spyware which has an end goal, per Sam himself in an interview, to replace them.

Shavethatmonkey t1_jdcrcrx wrote

What did he mean by that?

He meant that the Republican party is so openly racist that black people voting for them was hurting their own civil rights.

It's incredible that a warning about open Republican racism is what Trumplings try to twist into racism. Republicans who hate BLM for protesting their racism continually bring up Joe's comment as though it excuses Republican racism after that.

Since Joe said that have Republicans said anything you consider racist?

Furius_George t1_jddfm5y wrote

Telling someone that their racial identity depends purely on their political affiliation is in fact racist. Telling people that they have to vote a certain way because of their race is bottom of the barrel racism. You ignorant bigot.