Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AdditionalAttorney t1_iu4ql28 wrote

DMV is no worse than any other DMV I’ve dealt with

Tax implications will be the biggest impact. Someone else will know more but I assume your taxes might be less bc you’re currently paying Montgomery county tax on top of state and federal.

throwaway6308 t1_iu4tpak wrote

If anything, the DMV (at least in SW) is pretty easy to deal with—definitely the easiest experience I’ve had registering my OOS car compared to the 6 other states I’ve lived in. It’s very organized, and the employees are generally helpful.

d1dzter t1_iu6b5z7 wrote

IMO, DMV is a roll of the dice. As of late, it's been rolling surprisingly in my favor.

I personally don't think it is as bad as people make it out to be, but shit can always go wrong, but we know that, because it's a DMV.

IrishWake_ t1_iuf2ger wrote

SW DMV was the nicest DMV experience I’ve ever had, between a couple of states across the country

FarttardSandwich OP t1_iu4rbeh wrote

Interesting hasn’t thought of that.

Yeah I don’t mind the DMV experience. Worst ever DMV experience was in Nevada so don’t thing DC could be worse.

SheilaBoof t1_iu5f3od wrote

DMV is probably the most competent city agency. I can get there early on a Saturday and be done in less than an hour. Sometimes, I'm still filling out forms when I get called. The other city agencies I've had to deal with are awful.

Think about your parking situation. Unless you have your own spot, it can be rough getting a decent parking spot in Georgetown. There's also street cleaning and you will have to move your car to avoid a ticket.

Professional-Can1385 t1_iu665ka wrote

I went to the DMV on a Saturday afternoon, it took about an hour to get everything done. That included a trip back home to get the correct copy of a form!

AdditionalAttorney t1_iu4wbw8 wrote

It probably depends on expectations. I assume it’s likely to take me all day. So I go at the crack of dawn, with all my paperwork.

blootereddragon t1_iu8znzm wrote

And if you switch from MD to DC plates you automatically become a better driver