Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

IndigoGrunt t1_j4zarvi wrote

Damn I know some people who have worked in the factory for many years, hope they can find work soon or can retire.

No-Coast-Punk t1_j508ipx wrote

Jersey isn't much better about the tax situation.

Pepperidge farm is part of a big conglomerate, and this move is probably just to consolidate admin resources now that all of the office jobs are getting automated away.

CTrandomdude t1_j50b0um wrote

How pissed off are those employees. Going from one high cost/tax state to an even worse state. You could have literally picked any other state and you move me to Jersey!!

ertebolle t1_j50dwld wrote

It's a pretty good location, across the street from Whole Foods and just over the border from Westport - I suspect that they'll either expand the apartment complex next door or replace it with medical offices or some such.

jk660r t1_j512oo1 wrote

Pepperidge Farm headquarters was in Norwalk. Around 2002 they built a new plant in Bloomfield, CT. My company has been a contractor on-site ever since opening. They make breads, croutons and stuffing in Bloomfield.

BryanCalens2ndFamily t1_j51qpdy wrote

Not surprised, business was booming during the Trump years, what’s different now?

−2

AndiLivia t1_j525m28 wrote

Their bread has been dry as shit lately anyway. Later nerds

coastal_girl14 OP t1_j52na1b wrote

They have had open "tour" dates as part of the Garden Conservancy. But they're not always on the schedule of open gardens. You can check through the Conservancy's website. They usually start tours May/June and then again in Autumn. If you can get in it's a really beautiful site. Privately owned.

Boring_Garbage3476 t1_j539mt6 wrote

It started in the kitchen of Pepper Ridge Farm by a mother who's child had health problems due to lack of nutrition. She learned how to bake whole wheat bread for him. The pediatrician was impressed with the bread and her son's improvements, so he started prescribing it for his patients. She grew it into a successful business.

jk660r t1_j54romj wrote

From what I was recently told the Norwalk facility will be permanently closing in the near future.

HartfordResident t1_j55o3v9 wrote

That's too bad but at least the Hartford area facility is growing.