Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Pancrat t1_j9ixki8 wrote

Hartfords interesting. It offers very little to its youth and celebrates that they are so desperate for stimulation that they pick up pens and start doodling. Call them an artist. You won't see my city celebrating its athelitcs, intellectuals, or long term professional artists. Everywhere you go you'll see some 22 year old's $300 commission for a building sized mural though.

Hartford has IT. IT is impoverished artists, homeless drug addicts, and very bitter public service workers. We have tons of that shit.

*That colt building dome, taking up the bottom part of the OR.. Hartford doesn't even have that company any more. The decoration is over an abandoned building me and my friend broke in to 10 years ago, great experience btw, saw a lot of history, and is a symbol of Colts defense which moved to west Hartford and is owned by the czech republic because they went under and *honestly I can't go into the rest because I know some people and I'd be nervous to talk about it publicly*

−26

merryone2K t1_j9jdgrg wrote

Can anybody tell me what the thing in the "D" is supposed to represent?

ShinyBloke t1_j9jgru3 wrote

Who or what is artor? It's a cool idea, but maybe painted by someone color blind in the late 80s.

−11

Pertinax126 t1_j9jlhhd wrote

What is the thing in the hole in the D?

Edited to add: That sounds a lot dirtier when I read it out loud.

pickledeggs2020 t1_j9jmpem wrote

Honestly better than some giant tacky personal injury lawyer ad

Air-Dingus t1_j9jnzhg wrote

Big fan of this. Gotta support the local art scene

@drebpaintin is the artist/ community leader who made it

DarkLamont t1_j9jowde wrote

oof, up there with the arm statue in Boston

−11

JustADudeBeingADood t1_j9jph3d wrote

Since the H doesn't stick out well, this is just begging for someone to add an F at the beginning.

bellirage t1_j9jrbnh wrote

They should make the top of the F a handgun

−11

iveo83 t1_j9jrr3n wrote

I like the idea but it's a poor design, doesn't read hartford, and the colors/images make no sense.

−4

PeloquinsHunger t1_j9jtost wrote

I'd rather every billboard in the USA be given to a local artist to paint than see some goofy injury lawyer or auto emporium ad.

mkt853 t1_j9jwk7k wrote

How long until VEO ruins this?

stlouisbrowns t1_j9k5f2n wrote

Interesting inclusion of a wind-up vibrator in the D, but that factory closed down in the 1940's. Come on people that's hilarious.

−3

lasagnaisgreat57 t1_j9k5jr8 wrote

the thing on the right looks kinda like a club penguin character

moistreese t1_j9k8xw9 wrote

i actually really dig this. i wish this state had more town/city specific art pieces

deceptacle1980 t1_j9m4pwr wrote

Over/under before it’s tagged over and destroyed? I got March 19th.

mr-lexicality t1_j9mspyl wrote

I always wondered how father Ed Nadonly was able to afford so many

AConnecticutMan t1_j9n9d1v wrote

Can't forget the classics, Milford and New Milford, and I think there's a Waterford? Basically start with a cardinal direction or "New" and then choose either bridge or water and end in a -ford, -town or -ton and you have a CT town name

french-russian-idiot t1_j9omvik wrote

"17 town names end in the suffix “ford.” They are Ashford, Branford, Eastford, East Hartford, Guilford, Hartford, Milford, New Hartford, New Milford, North Branford, Oxford, Stafford, Stamford, Stratford, Wallingford, Waterford, and West Hartford" (Ted Jackson for Manchester History)

french-russian-idiot t1_j9ont2t wrote

I'll be honest, I don't travel that much to Hartford. Could someone tell me what the H is supposed to be? Is it the Mark Twain house?

Environmental_Log344 t1_j9qvl1r wrote

With apologies to earnest art lovers, I think this is as ugly as it can be. The creators meant well, I'm sure, but what an eyesore.