Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

iamcarlgauss t1_j0qmgf0 wrote

Nobody say anything

elcad t1_j0ucko1 wrote

About the Argentinian-German connection?

−1

Droggles t1_j0qpdop wrote

Hey, I’m here in this pic!

bmore t1_j0q82t0 wrote

Greenmount West

Brief_Exit1798 OP t1_j0q9gze wrote

Thank you - I was struggling to name the geography

sacrificebundt t1_j0qk5d8 wrote

Both are technically correct. It’s the Greenmount West neighborhood, which is part of the station north arts and entertainment district

professorparmesan t1_j0qef9q wrote

🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷

ticumac t1_j0rrz8y wrote

I was at bar in Baltimore watching it and I was a bit surprised a lot of people were rooting for France. I guess they have family in Europe or studied abroad over there. It's all good, everyone was friendly. I shouted all of Argentina goals and went crazy in the end tho haha.

I feel proud as a Latino right now. I'm from Mexico and an Argentinian told me this win is also for the Americas and Latino America. Made my day.

YoYoMoMa t1_j0uan03 wrote

France was America's first ally as well! I always try to drink something French on the 4th of July to salute them.

skeenek t1_j0q1726 wrote

This is actually really cool

fireanthead t1_j0satbo wrote

Went to Guilford on a whim during and was astounded at how gorgeous it is! Need to go back and actually try the menu

cdbloosh t1_j0tx6nw wrote

It’s a really cool spot. Beer is pretty solid - it’s not going to blow you away and it isn’t super creative but if you just want classic styles, especially German ones, they do them pretty well. The food is similar - unspectacular but solid. And the place itself is beautiful. They also have a nice beer garden area out back with a lot of seating for when the weather gets nice again. Overall it’s a great addition to that neighborhood.

Cozy_Roe t1_j0s1g2j wrote

Anthony Davis approves 👍

Willothwisp2303 t1_j0qhml1 wrote

My God that's a lot of people. Somebody's leaving with a new case of COVID, the flu, or RSV.

−30

The_Waxies_Dargle t1_j0qvt95 wrote

It's almost like they're all individuals and each maintain their own individual risk matrices.

cdbloosh t1_j0rqipi wrote

I honestly can’t imagine going through life with a mindset where this is my first thought seeing a picture of a bunch of people having a good time at a local business. Might want to seek some help.

f11tn88ss t1_j0rwnna wrote

yeah but it's very likely though. in a couple of days a good portion of these people will be visiting elderly, adolescent and immunocompromised family members for the holidays. pretty weird time to be around a large gathering of people in close quarters.

Willothwisp2303 t1_j0s836i wrote

Nah. We're back to pandemic levels of transmission. The flu this year is really bad. Wearing a mask indoors is recommend again. The risk is pretty high.

I'm also not a people person, and certainly not a crowded place person no matter the circumstances. I'm happiest hanging out with 3 close friends, or trail riding in the open with friends.

−2

cdbloosh t1_j0smv36 wrote

Then you’re free to not go watch the World Cup at a brewery, but that doesn’t make your original comment any less odd.

We’re 3 years into this, it’s not a pandemic anymore, it’s never going away, vaccines are readily available, and it’s not sensible or realistic to expect people to just stop participating in social activities 3-4 months out of the year en masse for the rest of time, even if you personally don’t think it’s worth the risk.

It’s really unfortunate and kind of sad that your instinctive reaction to seeing a picture of people participating in a normal social activity and supporting a local business is still “oh my god these people are going to get sick”. It’s not May 2020 anymore.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0q4h5c wrote

Yay let's support slave labor!

−46

Brief_Exit1798 OP t1_j0q9m1x wrote

Yay let's support a local baltimore business

sretakson t1_j0qf0m6 wrote

Hilariously…I was confused and thought “Damn Guilford Brewery..pay your employees!”

pistolography t1_j0qzy6r wrote

It’s a Troll account. Kid made a brand new account for comments like this

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0q9xvl wrote

While supporting fifa and Qatari slave labor.

−20

Brief_Exit1798 OP t1_j0qebj6 wrote

Fifi not getting a penny from me. But the guilford brewery is.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qelgh wrote

Viewership enhances the value broadcast rights.

I'll happily support one of the dozens of other breweries that aren't trying to monetize the world cup.

−11

ticumac t1_j0rqqhv wrote

The World Cup is coming to the U.S. next. I sure hope you keep this energy when it comes, because there is a lot of shit to get mad about the U.S. Police abuse, supporting countries like Saudia Arabia and the war in Yemen, high levels of inequality, using prison inmates as cheap labor, etc.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0rqzj6 wrote

Agreed. World Cup sucks.

ticumac t1_j0rswmp wrote

To you. After the riots throughout the U.S. a few years ago, they still held concerts, theater plays, sporting events, conventions, etc. You want to boycott all of those too since they are not being considerant of the issues?

−3

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0rt6vk wrote

Nice attempt at whataboutism.

US sucks, but light years ahead of Qatar.

−2

ticumac t1_j0rtlqd wrote

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Don't throw stones if you live in a fucking glass house.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0rufrt wrote

Whats your point?

Is your argument to ignore Qatar's horrible human rights record "oh but what about this county?"

You can literally use that argument on anything. Should we stfu about Putins invasion of ukraine because Vietnam? Grow up dude

ticumac t1_j0rvj9i wrote

No. None of that shit should be ignored. Innocent people are dying. I'm simply stating for you to keep that same energy for your own country. Why the fuck every time there is a criticism about the U.S., someone like you can't seem to take it without trying to act like a victim? Grow the fuck up.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0rw5bt wrote

I literally just said the US sucks.

Stop making up imaginary statements to argue your preformed opinions.

If you think saying Qatar is so much worse than the US is a defense of the US, you need to look into how fucking awful that country is and how many Qataris suffered building those damn stadiums for the world cup.

You love soccer? Great. Give Fifa the same energy youre giving me.

BoobPickles t1_j0qbslw wrote

You're miserable lol

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qcu9t wrote

Probably, but not as miserable as the Qatari government and fifa.

BoobPickles t1_j0qd05g wrote

I mean they are elated. We get it, you learned a thing and are holier than thou.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qdekj wrote

Not really, there's a lot of stuff I could do better.

Ignoring one tiny piece of entertainment for a 2 month period to avoid supporting one of the worst regimes on the planet in regards to human rights just isn't one of em

ticumac t1_j0rqvfs wrote

But you are here, talking about the World Cup. When I ignore something, I usually don't pay attention to it. I guess some of us love the attention.

B-Fawlty t1_j0qk43c wrote

Is your goal to help make people aware and then sway them to your argument, or is it to make yourself feel better about yourself?

Because honestly, your tone and tact will change absolutely zero minds, where maybe showing a little bit of grace could have.

So then really, it just seems like you want to feel good about being better than other people and provide justifications for your own involvement in other exploitative practices(ie I’m sure you own clothing made countries with bad labor practices, own devices like TVs phones etc that were as well). No one is perfect, you included.

LearnestHemingway t1_j0qlydw wrote

jwseagles t1_j0qt3u9 wrote

What a fucking loser lmao

physicallyatherapist t1_j0qtun9 wrote

Oh no no, he's actually smarter than all of us here because he only planted that comment as a trap for him to block people, like me. See, not a loser at all!

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qvrjq wrote

Actually I didn't, just posted there to find all the redditors creepy enough to trawl my comment history .. And block them.

And you were dumb enough to actually fall for it. Cmon man.

−15

greesewitherspoon t1_j0u1igq wrote

Hahaha most childish excuse I’ve heard in a while. Get your shit together kid

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qkl4d wrote

It's actually neither. It's me venting at how normalized it has become for westernized countries to support\ignore such horrible regimes such as Qatar.

As I've said in other replies, there's is plenty I could do better, so I certainly don't claim perfection.

Regardless, you make a good point and I appreciate your feedback friend.

[deleted] t1_j0qru8e wrote

[deleted]

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qrxpg wrote

Ew

ampetertree t1_j0qtt2s wrote

LMFAO and you have comments showing you watched the WC. Jesus dude grow a spine

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qu63x wrote

My first reply

>Actually I didn't, just posted there to find all the redditors creepy enough to trawl my comment history .. And block them.And you were dumb enough to actually fall for it. Cmon man.

And you fell for it too, despite that comment. LMAO.

Cmon man.

−2

ampetertree t1_j0qtjqm wrote

I deleted my comment because I see you’ve already been exposed as a hypocrite. Anyway go give some money to apple while you complain about slave labor. I love the hypocrisy.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qtodj wrote

How have I been exposed lol?

greesewitherspoon t1_j0u1vrv wrote

No one believes that justification. Just man up and admit you are morally full of bullshit and watched the WC and are now trying on a new socially aware hat to make yourself feel better and it didn’t go well

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0u6gpt wrote

Yea, the only comment in my entire post history about soccer, made right in the middle of me flaming about the wc. Those that don't believe are a special kind of stupid.

−1

NotARageComic t1_j0q7qgc wrote

posted from device made in china

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0q94om wrote

Nice false equivalency. There's a difference between discretionary vs non discretionary consumption.

Watching the world cup is 100% discretionary

Are you assuming everything made in China is made with slave labor, that's incredibly racist and ethnocentric

Also, I'm posting this from a computer made in Oregon.

bmore t1_j0q9gk4 wrote

100% of the parts of your computer were made in Oregon? Wild

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0q9olf wrote

Nice strawman

While defending a cheap display of classic "whataboutism"

−6

BoobPickles t1_j0qev4c wrote

You are a walking cliche of argument buzzwords in 2022. Are you a bot?

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qf2ad wrote

Explain how these buzzwords have been used inappropriately?

BoobPickles t1_j0qg9m5 wrote

I never said they were. It's just hysterical how fucking lame you are. Go do something enjoyable with your day like solve slave labor.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qgs6h wrote

Oh so they haven't been used inappropriately?

Looks like we agree then.

EDIT: lol reply then immediately block to "get the last word" looks like we're both lame and miserable.

BoobPickles t1_j0qhha9 wrote

Yeah you were fighting a ghost there that you created...psycho

bmore t1_j0qb5gv wrote

You're the one that brought up your computer made in Oregon that sounds like it's not made in Oregon.

Do you own a car? That's discretionary and it definitely has products inside of it manufactured by factories benefiting from forced labor in China. This isn't a whataboutism as much as it is a comment on your stupid statement.

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qc439 wrote

There is almost no device on the market that doesn't have some parts made in Asia.

I'm just correcting that the device is made in Oregon not China. Which by definition it is not.

I run a falcon northwest drx, go ahead and tell me all the parts that are made with slavor labor in China. Please educate me.

Also the belief that owning a car is discretionary is such an urban elitist pov. Many people rely on a car for their living.

Also, i ride a bike...it probably has parts made in China (to my knowledge no parts made with slave labour) either way, I need it to get around...y'all don't need the world cup.

NotARageComic t1_j0qcqfl wrote

I don’t think anything made in china uses space labor.

−2

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qd30b wrote

When you're out of arguments correct typos!

NotARageComic t1_j0qf8rd wrote

Why would I argue with someone whose first thought when others have fun is to tell them they’re bad people for supporting slave labor? This is Reddit, I don’t need to argue with you lol

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qfp5r wrote

It's not my first thought when someone has fun. It's my first thought when I see the world cup.

The problem is many other people see world cup and their first thoughts ARENT slave labor and horrible human rights violations...it's FUN!

>This is Reddit, I don’t need to argue with you lol

But here you are just doing that. You can just stop replying if that's ACTUALLY how you feel

NotARageComic t1_j0qgh81 wrote

You replying to me is one less person you are trying to make rage, I am just skimming what you say and wasting your time. But keep poisoning the well my dude!

physicallyatherapist t1_j0qqb0f wrote

Since you watched the game does that mean you also support slave labor?

Edit: lol this dude blocked me as some type of pathetic "gotcha". What a big brain

lolokaydudewhatever t1_j0qqrie wrote

Actually I didn't, just posted there to find all the redditors creepy enough to trawl my comment history .. And block them.

And you were dumb enough to actually fall for it. Cmon man.

−6

greesewitherspoon t1_j0u2nzr wrote

Damn, same copy and pasted response. This is the biggest flame out of a shitty argument purveyed by a moron that I’ve ever seen on Reddit